Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Msd window switch

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Msd window switch

Hey guys, gonna be installing my window switch later on today. Any pointers or tips to make the install easier. Running a 75 shot for now.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just follow the instructions and you should be good. If you have any specific questions you need answered feel free to give us a call for help.
Dave
Old 02-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

whats the best way to splice into the tach output signal wire on the ecm? dont wanna go hack up my wires and mess something up
Old 03-01-2012, 07:31 AM
Teching In

I also am about to install a two stage window switch and would like to know which wire out of the ecu is the tach signal wire?
Old 03-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Teching In

I just finished wiring up my LNC2000 and my $27 digital window switch from Summit.
The most difficult part was figuring out which ECM wire to tap into for a tach signal.
Once I located that wire, I just trimmed the insulation away, wrapped the trigger wire around the exposed wire and soldered it real nice. Wrapped it with electrical tape and all was good.
I have the window switch breaking/supplying the ground supply to the nitrous relay. Should work like a champ.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Staging Lane

Should be the #10 pin on the red connector on the ecm.... Which wires go to what? The gray (normally closed) and the yellow (normally open). Im running a full throttle switch also... how do i wire it up?
Old 03-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Assuming you have the digital... just read the instructions. They couldn't get any more simple.
http://www.msdignition.com/Products/...ow_Switch.aspx

Red wire goes to switched 12v+
Black goes to ground
White goes to the ECM tach output.

The yellow wire (normally open) will be the source of ground for your nitrous relay.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

so i have seen people running wot switches in conjuction with the window switch.... do i have to run both or can i just run the window switch alone?
Old 03-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Teching In

At a minimum, if you are new to nitrous... you want a toggle switch to arm the system, a full throttle switch to activate the relay, the relay to carry the current, a retard box to pull timing and a window switch so it only works in the designated RPM range.

If this is beyond your comfort level... maybe indicate your location and someone local can come over to walk you through it.

It's not rocket science... but you also don't want the nitrous to activate when you start the car, step on the brakes or turn your wipers on. lol It has to be "right".

To answer your last question... you can run without a window switch, but I don't suggest running without a WOT switch. If you use only the window switch, the juice will come on even if you are not at WOT.

A WOT switch is a great safety feature... because if something goes wrong or the car heads for the guardrail, your very first reaction is to lift off the go-pedal.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

ya after i started thinking about it, i felt dumb.... need something to actually turn it off if its not full throttle.... now one more question hopefully you can help me out with. i have a wot switch and it has 3 different prongs on it. what wires go to what? pic is the switch i have. the two prongs on the side both say "on" the prong on the bottom is common
Attached Thumbnails Msd window switch-wot.jpg  
Old 03-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Teching In

The switched 12v+ from your arming switch will go to the common terminal. One of the two "on" terminals is normally open (the one you want to turn on the nitrous relay) and the other is normally closed (not used)
You will have to check it with a meter or test light to see which terminal is N/C and N/O. If you wire it wrong, the nitrous will come on when you arm the system and go off when you floor it. lol
Old 03-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

sweet. just checked it out and got everything wired up! thanks

Quick Reply: Msd window switch