Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm finally ready to spray my car. Hows this setup?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 01:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRracing
Edlebrocks chart for this kit is squared up. The nano people said to add a little on the fuel side to compensate for the higher psi going to the plate.

I do have a set of br8 plugs I can put in. I will put them in to be on the safe side. I should prob get some 9's soon as well.

I was going to use c14 or c16 for anything higher that the 57n jet. I will try the 110 for starters and pay close attention for det.

I would like to be in the 11.5:1 range for starters and start leaning it out from there.
what edlebrock plate? my edlebrock 200-400 plate calls for square jetting at 6psi and its crazy rich at that. right now im running a 93n 73f on that plate at 10psi and its richer than id like but i got one lean cylinder im having to tune off of.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackonblacksls
It took a 250 or 350 shot to melt a few tr6 plugs. With 13.67 compression. And low 50cc chambers.

What's your compression?

My point it. I'm speaking from personal experience with a high compression ls motor. Which you have none of.
He may not have the experience you desire, but I do. And frankly, either you don't and your lying through your teeth or your a moron. I'm honestly hoping for the first so you haven't burnt up perfectly good parts being stupid.

Now to the OP, That 3 jet spread sounds like a great starting place, but please read a plug after a pass or two, i'm going to bet she's still going to be fat. The Nitrous world has changed greatly in recent years with guys like Steve Johnson and Monte Smith. We no longer have to burn up pistons like fuses. Keep timing down, throw some octane at her and lean her out. She'll run like an animal and be safe doing it. Lean can be plenty safe with good octane and timing numbers, remember the object is to use your nitrous to burn as much of your available fuel as possible.

Use this video for referance, and good luck.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by blacktransam
He may not have the experience you desire, but I do. And frankly, either you don't and your lying through your teeth or your a moron. I'm honestly hoping for the first so you haven't burnt up perfectly good parts being stupid.

Now to the OP, That 3 jet spread sounds like a great starting place, but please read a plug after a pass or two, i'm going to bet she's still going to be fat. The Nitrous world has changed greatly in recent years with guys like Steve Johnson and Monte Smith. We no longer have to burn up pistons like fuses. Keep timing down, throw some octane at her and lean her out. She'll run like an animal and be safe doing it. Lean can be plenty safe with good octane and timing numbers, remember the object is to use your nitrous to burn as much of your available fuel as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAuAuIhRQd4
He is a troll nothing more nothing less and has admitted to melting plugs like ice cream in august and is proud of it and doesn't care if others do the same thing.

Still waiting for him to show some videos of his car running at the track since he knows so much. I am really sorry to the OP for even responding to his trollish behavior.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

Keep doing what you do, let the haters hate.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:22 PM
10 Second Club

Lol. I'm getting a real kick out of this.
lol
Old 07-22-2012, 08:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blue99fbody
what edlebrock plate? my edlebrock 200-400 plate calls for square jetting at 6psi and its crazy rich at that. right now im running a 93n 73f on that plate at 10psi and its richer than id like but i got one lean cylinder im having to tune off of.
10 psi sounds crazy. I see people on the bullet running high psi but it is on big race car stuff.
My Holly HP125 is internally regulated to like 7 psi or some ****. So I can only go so high before that kills it.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:44 PM
10 Second Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAuAuIhRQd4

Thanks man. That video was cool. I have some literature on reading plugs to help me also. It is right with what that guy said.
Here is my list of tools for the job at the track, A nice steady table to place items on for starters, a alm plug holder for viewing them up side down, three magnifying glass's, a bright flash light, feeler gages, 4 sets of br7ef plugs and 3 sets of 8's. A note pad for recording data and a handy dandy Matco 1/4" cordless ratchet, it is truely the **** for this job...

I just need to find a good day to start testing. This 100 deg temp is bull ****.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
He is a troll nothing more nothing less and has admitted to melting plugs like ice cream in august and is proud of it and doesn't care if others do the same thing.

Still waiting for him to show some videos of his car running at the track since he knows so much. I am really sorry to the OP for even responding to his trollish behavior.

No problem
I know when I hear something that is not true or I know sounds crazy it usually is. A lot of people can say **** on the internet. It's like sifting through bull **** at a flea market til you find something you know is worth a ****!

Old 07-22-2012, 08:51 PM
11 Second Club

who you telling man, it's stupid hot outside. Theres a big race down here next month we were trying to be ready for, decided screw it, we ain't racing till september.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

who you telling man, it's stupid hot outside. Theres a big race down here next month we were trying to be ready for, decided screw it, we ain't racing till september.

LOL, I was going to go last Wed to IRP here in Indy and it was super hot and it started raining on and off most of the day. I told my wife, good I really did want to go any ways.
And I wanted to go BG KY next weekend for the NMCA muscle car nats but ****, it would be a $500-$750 trip in the freaking sweltering heat..... **** that. I'm going to stay around here and hit a tnt at one of our tracks or go to my little test spot and get some tuning done.
And it is Brickyard weekend and they are running a Rolex Grand AM race here at the same time. And the Brother of the Sun tour is in town.
****, I'm stay here...
Old 07-22-2012, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

LOL, we installed 2 new d-rings in the trailer today, feel like i sweated off 20 lbs.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:24 PM
10 Second Club

No problem
I know when I hear something that is not true or I know sounds crazy it usually is. A lot of people can say **** on the internet. It's like sifting through bull **** at a flea market til you find something you know is worth a ****!

Damn that's a good quote I like that!!!

10$ Oakleys right over here!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:25 PM
10 Second Club

LOL, we installed 2 new d-rings in the trailer today, feel like i sweated off 20 lbs.
You'll know it's hot as **** outside when you bring 108oz. of gatorade to the track with you, drink it all including 3 20oz. waters and don't **** not one time!!!

That's hot!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:18 PM
10 Second Club

Damn that's a good quote I like that!!!

10$ Oakleys right over here!
A men brother, I'm on my second set of Foakley's in a month. I just picked up another pair two weeks ago at my local fle market lolol.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:06 PM
10 Second Club

A men brother, I'm on my second set of Foakley's in a month. I just picked up another pair two weeks ago at my local fle market lolol.
Glutton for punishment huh?
Old 07-23-2012, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am proud of the fact that I can accurately tell someone what kinda of tune up is too aggressive when speaking of my car and my setup...

You see it mentioned regularly that part of the nitrous game is breaking ****, and its a hell of a lot harder of a learning curve than any of the other FI styles..

I can tell you what will, and won't burn up parts in my car.. When most people are just guessing, or going off stuff they heard from people, or read off the internet..

I usually kept my info contained in the e85 threads, because i fell thats really the only place it might apply. But i really do get a kick out of you getting your feathers so ruffled just because I post about what plugs I run in my personal car, with a 250 shot of nitrous...

Everything is different, the advice you read on ls1tech is nothing more than a baseline for most.. And the info that I provide just goes to show you how aggressive you can get and not hurt anything under certain circumstances..

Most people wouldn't run a tr6 range plug in a motor with 13.67:1 compression much less spray on it.. But i do, and it causes me no problems and makes for a better running and driving car under my circumstances...

I have a 100 shot hooked up on a button that is always armed and sprays at the throttle body.. I spray that on the motor tune, which is 26 degrees of timing, and thats on the same tr6 range plugs that i use in the car daily....

I wanted to see if I could get away with a 250 shot through a direct port on those same plugs, with 16 degrees of timing.. I learned that I could not.. So i went 1 range colder. Using a 7 range plug, and 16 degrees in my motor that has 13.67:1 compression and makes close to 600rwhp to the tire.. I have successfully sprayed 250 shots with no issues... The direct port is on a controller, and I have even got crazy enough as to hit the button while the direct port is armed and spraying, still no issues..

So thats 350ish shot of nitrous, on a 7 range plug, with 13.67:1 compression in a 600ishrwhp NA motor... All in a car that is over 4000lbs..

not exactly what most would recommend or think is possible, but its what I have learned I can get away with.... Sorry if that upsets you...

My advice and information is no less valid than yours. As long as we are both speaking from personal experience based on what we have learned through fooling around and racing our own cars...

Just goes to show you how one mans tune up could be another mans time bomb..
Old 07-24-2012, 12:25 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alright enough bickering and lets get to some tech and help this man out. We all know a 6 or a 7 is not a good idea and shouldnt be done if you want to stay on the safe side(blackonblack can do whatever he wants or feels with his setup). So lets get over that point and get this man down the track safely. Thanks guys
Old 07-24-2012, 07:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm on the same plate as you OP, for gasoline I started with a ten jet spread(less fuel) at 6psi flowing. On e85 now I run the recommended edelbrock squared jetting. With the e-brock kit you can just use the fuel jet from the shot below to get a ten spread. I bought a 47 jet for the fuel side to go with the 57n20.

Still working out some other suspension bugs and waiting to get some cooler track days.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:05 AM
10 Second Club

I am proud of the fact that I can accurately tell someone what kinda of tune up is too aggressive when speaking of my car and my setup...

You see it mentioned regularly that part of the nitrous game is breaking ****, and its a hell of a lot harder of a learning curve than any of the other FI styles..

I can tell you what will, and won't burn up parts in my car.. When most people are just guessing, or going off stuff they heard from people, or read off the internet..

I usually kept my info contained in the e85 threads, because i fell thats really the only place it might apply. But i really do get a kick out of you getting your feathers so ruffled just because I post about what plugs I run in my personal car, with a 250 shot of nitrous...

Everything is different, the advice you read on ls1tech is nothing more than a baseline for most.. And the info that I provide just goes to show you how aggressive you can get and not hurt anything under certain circumstances..

Most people wouldn't run a tr6 range plug in a motor with 13.67:1 compression much less spray on it.. But i do, and it causes me no problems and makes for a better running and driving car under my circumstances...

I have a 100 shot hooked up on a button that is always armed and sprays at the throttle body.. I spray that on the motor tune, which is 26 degrees of timing, and thats on the same tr6 range plugs that i use in the car daily....

I wanted to see if I could get away with a 250 shot through a direct port on those same plugs, with 16 degrees of timing.. I learned that I could not.. So i went 1 range colder. Using a 7 range plug, and 16 degrees in my motor that has 13.67:1 compression and makes close to 600rwhp to the tire.. I have successfully sprayed 250 shots with no issues... The direct port is on a controller, and I have even got crazy enough as to hit the button while the direct port is armed and spraying, still no issues..

So thats 350ish shot of nitrous, on a 7 range plug, with 13.67:1 compression in a 600ishrwhp NA motor... All in a car that is over 4000lbs..

not exactly what most would recommend or think is possible, but its what I have learned I can get away with.... Sorry if that upsets you...

My advice and information is no less valid than yours. As long as we are both speaking from personal experience based on what we have learned through fooling around and racing our own cars...

Just goes to show you how one mans tune up could be another mans time bomb..

Fair enough but I have far more experience than my own car. There is a reason a lot of the LS1 guys in my area come to me and ask me to help them with their cars and their set-ups.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the 6 range plugs even with compression in the high 13s... i will comfortable and have no problems spraying a 100ish shot on that same tuneup with the motor timing aswell..
No one should listen to this guy. this is the type of i"t might work crap" that people burn there **** down with. I bet youve melted a motor and said oh well nitrous hurts parts...

Quick Reply: I'm finally ready to spray my car. Hows this setup?