Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark retard rate on the LNC 2000

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 02:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm am not talking about slip, I am talking about LOCK UP as lock up is when full load is transmitted to the engine from the fluid coupling device it is attached to.

Until the converter is LOCKED UP full load is not put on the motor and the chances of detonation are so unlikely in the short amount of time(thousandths of a second) it simply does not have enough cylinder pressure then to detonate. The minute amount of load on a motor while the stall converter is flashing is nowhere near enough load to build enough cylinder pressure to detonate. I have been told this by Monte Smith, ATV racer, camscam himself pulls his timing the same way I do. I am going to take my first hand knowledge of using my method and someone's advice like Monte Smith, camscam or ATVracer before anyone like yourself who obviously has no clue what goes on while a stall is flashing and the motor isn't under minute amounts of load.

And you didn't answer my question, but I expected that.

Set the damn thing at zero and enjoy.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You didn't say full load, you said NO LOAD:
"
When the converter is not locked up fully there is not any load on your motor!"

That's total and utter nonsense.

You also state that you will reach full load within thousandths of a second. Seems to me, if it's under full load you should have full retard then too, but funny, the lowest rate I can see for the LNC2000 is .2 second. Seems a bit risky to me.

As for how fast I've been, apples to oranges probably, mine's a street car on street tires. At a DA of 7,000 feet we went fast enough to get our official warning to get a cage or don't race, and that was without the nitrous.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by good2go
You didn't say full load, you said NO LOAD:
"
When the converter is not locked up fully there is not any load on your motor!"

That's total and utter nonsense.

You also state that you will reach full load within thousandths of a second. Seems to me, if it's under full load you should have full retard then too, but funny, the lowest rate I can see for the LNC2000 is .2 second. Seems a bit risky to me.

As for how fast I've been, apples to oranges probably, mine's a street car on street tires. At a DA of 7,000 feet we went fast enough to get our official warning to get a cage or don't race, and that was without the nitrous.
There isn't enough load(no load, barely any load, slight load whatever) to create detonation in the thousandths of a second it takes for the converter to lock up it's as simple as that.

I am not even talking about the stupid LNC anymore I'm talking about on my car and just about every other nitrous car I know that's actually fast(sub 10 second). I have full retard out by the time my converter is locked up fully which takes thousandths of a second as does anyone else that does it like this. There is such insignificant SMALL amount(no real load) that you cannot detonate in that time span. I've done it myself plenty of times to know first hand something you don't.

My last comment for this thread, you should really listen to people that have actually done the things you haven't before and know nothing about. You seem to want to argue about when there is load or not, but the truth is you cannot detonate in such a short amount of time with such a miniscule insignificant amount of load on the engine while the stall flashes because there is literally no load on the motor. Any REAL tuner will tell you the same! Just like in my video, you can hear the rpm's shoot up before the car even moves....hmmm I wonder why? Because there isn't enough load being transmitted to reach the lock up point of the converter yet that's why.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well now, first it was NO LOAD, like in neutral, then NOT FULL LOAD, now well maybe slight load. LOL

You know, you're not doing your company much good saying such stupid things with their logo so proudly displayed. Maybe you should learn a bit more about torque convertors and nitrous before you spout off so much, with such idiocy.

And really, the attacks? Please. Whoever runs your company should tell you to STFU.

Quick Reply: Spark retard rate on the LNC 2000