Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Come on cam tell them what happened!!! UPDATE 9/15

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 01:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by minytrker
The pic look great. Do you normally have the front so loose (no limiters)or was it like that because of the heat and the track? 130 is a good track temp here in TX, lol.
The car has never had a wheelstand problem for some reason. I usually run it 6/12 on the 28s but for some reason the 8.5s want it full loose. Just what we have found. The car doesn't even have limiters on it.

Originally Posted by THADD
Hey Cam, I will be running in the 8.5 shootout in KY in a few weeks. Do you by any chance have any used take off's that you would want to sell? I'm trying to avoid buying new tires for this one race.
I don't have any, buy may be able to put you in contact with someone. Hoosiers or mts?

Originally Posted by a98ws6
I didnt know you ran 8.5 Cam. Im building my car for that class. And it will be Nano assisted. Lol
I have a question though, why not use the Hoosiers? Everyone used MT's here and switched to the Hoosiers and everyone picked up and they last longer. Anymore pics underhood, or what have you removed for weight? Basicly i want to know your entire setup. Lol
The Hoosier is a 150 lb weight add in our class. Is rather run the Hoosier but I'm not adding 100lbs to the car. Check out my thread probably like 20-30 threads below this one. It should detail many things

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
What does the car weigh?
How much nitrous? (what size jets)
Weighs 3230ish race weight, jets are big 72 in one 62 in the other.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteLTone
****. I didnt see that video, got a link to it? That may very well be my kit haha.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No that's a 4500 flange, ours is just a lil ole 4150..
Nicks was just as bad though! lol
Old 08-23-2012, 04:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by StrokerTA
No that's a 4500 flange, ours is just a lil ole 4150..
Nicks was just as bad though! lol
lmao
Old 08-23-2012, 04:35 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cam, which ever is the cheapest. LMK man
Old 08-23-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camscam02

Weighs 3230ish race weight, jets are big 72 in one 62 in the other.
Jesus that's a lot of nitrous.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:20 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by THADD
Cam, which ever is the cheapest. LMK man
Ill see what I can find for you

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
Jesus that's a lot of nitrous.
and mehhhh its not too much bigger than a single .093. I wish I didnt need this much in the motor but with the weather we had, it just had to be done
Old 08-24-2012, 04:41 PM
FormerVendor

Ill see what I can find for you

and mehhhh its not too much bigger than a single .093. I wish I didnt need this much in the motor but with the weather we had, it just had to be done
Wuss!

Wait till you see mine with 250 in the first stage and 150 in the second!!!

I'm coming for you Noyzee!!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 05:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Wuss!

Wait till you see mine with 250 in the first stage and 150 in the second!!!

I'm coming for you Noyzee!!!!
The "Go or Blow" plan, eh?
Old 08-24-2012, 09:57 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
The "Go or Blow" plan, eh?
LOL

I don't plan on starting out on that much, 125 in the first and 75 in the second to start with. Looking at the jetting for this new plate it looks to have a higher N:F ratio than my old system just judging it by the jetting card so I'm hoping the actual tune-up itself is going to be closer to ideal off the bat. I'd be able to step it up sooner if the tune is cleaner and where I want it. If so, I'll be upping it 50-75hp on that first outing. I think it will take 250-275 to run what cam did the other day and with 350-400 I'm hoping for a 5.7x pass.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL

I don't plan on starting out on that much, 125 in the first and 75 in the second to start with. Looking at the jetting for this new plate it looks to have a higher N:F ratio than my old system just judging it by the jetting card so I'm hoping the actual tune-up itself is going to be closer to ideal off the bat. I'd be able to step it up sooner if the tune is cleaner and where I want it. If so, I'll be upping it 50-75hp on that first outing. I think it will take 250-275 to run what cam did the other day and with 350-400 I'm hoping for a 5.7x pass.
Put some MT 275's on it with one kit and get up to Cecil next weekend to run Ultra Steet....

Id like to line up with another Ultra/Ultimate street legal LS powered car.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I can't believe you guys are spraying that much before the throttle bOdy. Of a stock style intake. Never any distribution issues?
Old 08-25-2012, 11:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by blackonblacksls
I can't believe you guys are spraying that much before the throttle bOdy. Of a stock style intake. Never any distribution issues?
It's actually after the T/B with a plate. The distribution is not as good as a direct port on a stock intake but it better than nozzle. You just have to get a little creative in your tuning
Old 08-25-2012, 08:27 PM
9 Second Club

Nope, nothing to make me worry so far
Old 08-25-2012, 08:41 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ATwelveSec02Z28
Put some MT 275's on it with one kit and get up to Cecil next weekend to run Ultra Steet....
Id like to line up with another Ultra/Ultimate street legal LS powered car.
I'd need screws for my doors, you'd end up blowing them off! When the new motor goes in we can dance!
It's actually after the T/B with a plate. The distribution is not as good as a direct port on a stock intake but it better than nozzle. You just have to get a little creative in your tuning
Mix and match heat range plugs!
Hope not! If so I'll be sticking colder plugs in those holes that are off. I've got up to -11 if needed!
Nope, nothing to make me worry so far
Time to swing for the fences Cam!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:55 PM
9 Second Club

Time to swing for the fences Cam!
Oh dont you worry! We are just waiting for less than 3000+ ft DA to let this thing eat...
Old 08-26-2012, 10:09 PM
FormerVendor

Oh dont you worry! We are just waiting for less than 3000+ ft DA to let this thing eat...
Just took my trans out yesterday and having the converter sent to Greg for some tweaks.

It's going to need it to get all the mph I can out of this jet combo!!! When I get this thing back it's going to need all 400 brought on within the first .6 seconds out the gate to even move and flash! Tight is right!

That's if the front end stays down, but I got some other new tricks up my sleeves for that problem if it arises too!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Just took my trans out yesterday and having the converter sent to Greg for some tweaks.

It's going to need it to get all the mph I can out of this jet combo!!! When I get this thing back it's going to need all 400 brought on within the first .6 seconds out the gate to even move and flash! Tight is right!

That's if the front end stays down, but I got some other new tricks up my sleeves for that problem if it arises too!
You are really going to have to tweak your suspension to try to bring all that in before you pass the tree. I have no doubt you will get it though.

Shiz and ATV bring theirs in .8 with a bigger motor. Just like they said, "Spraying any later is a waste of nitrous".
Old 08-27-2012, 10:42 AM
FormerVendor

You are really going to have to tweak your suspension to try to bring all that in before you pass the tree. I have no doubt you will get it though.

Shiz and ATV bring theirs in .8 with a bigger motor. Just like they said, "Spraying any later is a waste of nitrous".
It for sure is a waste.

I'm going to try and do it, at least I can't say that I didn't try!

I'm on the fence right now about lowering the rear end down and putting the lower control arm down another hole.

I know if I lower the rear end my anti squat number will go down and so will the amount of separation I get, so if I lower it ride height wise the lca will be going down a hole. I've got the rear shock valving now to make the set-up work the way it would be if I do change it.

I've got a lot of front shock left also to tighten it down if I need it, and I'm going to have my limiters put on, but I'm keeping them loose for now and just going to use the shocks till I can't use them anymore before I start limiting travel.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:57 AM
TECH Veteran

I would put the limiters on and leave the front shocks alone.

With the limiters on the front you might not need to move the LCA's because you have just enough squat by limiting the front on that bigger shot.

Quick Reply: Come on cam tell them what happened!!! UPDATE 9/15