Sponsored by:

Come on cam tell them what happened!!! UPDATE 9/15

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 11:21 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Wuss!

Wait till you see mine with 250 in the first stage and 150 in the second!!!

I'm coming for you Noyzee!!!!
bring it on, people have been coming for me for years and years. some have succeeded but most have failed. but do not forget my best run with this set up was the first and only trip to the track in 2 seasons and i did no tuning what so ever and i only had 200 in the car. who knows maybe i will pull the car out next season with 250 or 300 in it and see what she will do.
ps, i was still on 2 year old fuel with 2 stroke in it. lol
Old 10-02-2012, 11:24 AM
8 second mod

ps, if you go way way back and look at all the lists (including forced induction list) you will see ive always been fast. lol
Old 10-02-2012, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noyzee you are the one we are all chasing. We are trying to do it just like you, with 200 in the plate. We got the HP, just need to get Nicks to 60' like yours..This 1.48 **** aint working!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:41 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by StrokerTA
Noyzee you are the one we are all chasing. We are trying to do it just like you, with 200 in the plate. We got the HP, just need to get Nicks to 60' like yours..This 1.48 **** aint working!
its because you are trying to hard.
i have not put 1 once of effort into my car in 5 years and shes running good. lol
pump gas cruzing full slicks, chute and wheelie bars on the street. lol been to the track once in 2 years laid down a number and kept driving it.
i have a good 200 pounds i could remove, more power i could add to nitrous but no need right now. lol
maybe next year.

my traction came from years of tuning on the car with a few different combos. now i know what works so its pretty simple.

its not all in the power or traction either. a lot of it is in the set up. cam, cam install, converter, intake, etc etc. if the car isnt leaving like you want but its not spinning you may want to look past suspention and look into something else in the set up. (just a word of advice. im not sure why its running 1.48 but some people get stuck on tires and stuff when it may be something else holding you back)
Old 10-02-2012, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think it's just time on the car, this car is basically brand new with a brand new engine/trans combo.. Before this engine went in it was a 6 speed lt1 that went mid 11's.. Now with the Affcos, and lower rear gear, different tires, and the small handful of nitrous passes we have made. This past weekend out, first nitrous hit went 1.406 and climbed the ring gear pretty good and he lifted and peddled it to the 9.58@130.. I wasn't able to see that pass as I was driving our pro mod, so I told him to go out and duplicate that run before we make a change.
Track went away a little and it went 1.48, but went 9.53@143 and it was slower to every point on the track until the 1000 foot..
I know within 4 or 5 more runs I can have it squared away, we are taking it to Indy for the NMCA finals in 2 weeks. Hopefully we do it then.

And I totally agree, it's about the total package. And thats another reason I wish we had some more data on the car and combo, we have a Yank converter sitting there that we are waiting to send out to get built for the car but we don't have enough runs yet to know what it wants.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:59 AM
9 Second Club

We are officially done with the stock cubic inch stuff, we would love to demolish all the records that we could of but with the heads up stuff we do we had to add as much power as we can.

New motor is a 12.5:1 383 still using the stock block. Same heads and intake but we are really looking for a new camshaft. Anybody out there want to try something and want to donate one to our program to show off please let me know. The motor is coming together and should be back by next week. We need the help, looking to run 5.40's 5.50's on 26x8.5.

Let me know and thanks everybody for the support!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:08 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by camscam02
We are officially done with the stock cubic inch stuff, we would love to demolish all the records that we could of but with the heads up stuff we do we had to add as much power as we can.

New motor is a 12.5:1 383 still using the stock block. Same heads and intake but we are really looking for a new camshaft. Anybody out there want to try something and want to donate one to our program to show off please let me know. The motor is coming together and should be back by next week. We need the help, looking to run 5.40's 5.50's on 26x8.5.

Let me know and thanks everybody for the support!
i have a solid roller cam that would make big power in a 383. prob a little to big for the stock heads tho
Old 10-03-2012, 03:27 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
i have a solid roller cam that would make big power in a 383. prob a little to big for the stock heads tho
How big we talking? 799 castings with hand port work and changed valves 1.57 exhaust valve
Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by camscam02
How big we talking? 799 castings with hand port work and changed valves 1.57 exhaust valve
7xx
spun my lsx to 8500 rpm and she was still making power!!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
7xx
spun my lsx to 8500 rpm and she was still making power!!!!
Haha yup. Way too big. That'd be a bad boy though
Old 10-04-2012, 05:28 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
I know this is off topic but I was getting some lunch and a couple of local old racers were there and they usually hang out at a guy's house down the street from mine that does chassis work.

Well one of them starts bragging to the other that his car went 5.80's in the 1/8 this weekend. I think about what your stock bottom end LS1 is doing Cam and I start to shake my head at the guys. His car is a gutted tin can with no interior, back half car, with a 600+ cu in high compression BBC on spray at that!

I would love to line your car up against his *** and then pop the hood to **** him off. Why are most of these old guys stuck in the stone ages?
Hey!! take it easy on us old guys.

JK...I know how tough it can be working on 8.5s.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by magnum-gto
Hey!! take it easy on us old guys.

JK...I know how tough it can be working on 8.5s.
These same old guys would tell you you can't hook 8.5's to run 6.0's in the 1/8. They believe in back halving a car no matter what for these tired *** BBC's. A stock torque arm suspension to them is something that will never work in their minds. They say you have to get rid of that to hook. If they don't know about it, they hate on it.

They have a rail that runs 8.30's with a 555 BBC and talk about that rail will put hair on your chest. There are rails that I know of that are faster with smaller motors, but you can't tell them anything.

I just like to **** them off with their lack of knowledge. I once told them "You know why people go to rails?" and they all looked at me and asked why and I told them "because those same people don't know how to make cars go fast".
Boyyyy!!! that didn't go over too well! We argued for hours but it was all in fun. When I tell them to look at ls1tech and look at what these cars are doing, all they say is those guys are lying about what they are doing.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:25 PM
9 Second Club

These same old guys would tell you you can't hook 8.5's to run 6.0's in the 1/8. They believe in back halving a car no matter what for these tired *** BBC's. A stock torque arm suspension to them is something that will never work in their minds. They say you have to get rid of that to hook. If they don't know about it, they hate on it.

They have a rail that runs 8.30's with a 555 BBC and talk about that rail will put hair on your chest. There are rails that I know of that are faster with smaller motors, but you can't tell them anything.

I just like to **** them off with their lack of knowledge. I once told them "You know why people go to rails?" and they all looked at me and asked why and I told them "because those same people don't know how to make cars go fast".
Boyyyy!!! that didn't go over too well! We argued for hours but it was all in fun. When I tell them to look at ls1tech and look at what these cars are doing, all they say is those guys are lying about what they are doing.
Don't forget in order to be fast you need at least a 33x15x15 slick!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:40 AM
8 Second Club

You know the sayin...."you can't teach an old dog new tricks"

Glad I don't fall into that group.....I'm only 75.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Cam will be running our new 3/4 race cam, since that's what you have to have to run fast....kinda like back halved 2800 pound cars that can't get out of there own way on 33" slicks and 80" long wheelie bars.

All jokes aside Cam placed his order yesterday afternoon for his Custom Tick Performance nitrous cam that yours truly specified. This motor is going to be bad *** especially with pops and Cam behind the tuning and wheel. We're hoping it will be the 383 that changes peoples minds about being the bastard red headed step child when everyone seems to go with the 4" bore motors nowadays.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:23 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick

All jokes aside Cam placed his order yesterday afternoon for his Custom Tick Performance nitrous cam that yours truly specified. This motor is going to be bad *** especially with pops and Cam behind the tuning and wheel. We're hoping it will be the 383 that changes peoples minds about being the bastard red headed step child when everyone seems to go with the 4" bore motors nowadays.
It's should be a bad mother trucker. I'm always trying to take things to a new level and I think we'll be able to that with many of the parts were using this go around. Only time will tell but in a few short weeks we'll find out
Old 10-21-2012, 12:32 AM
9 Second Club

All done! Have a race next weekend, were trying to make it. This baby should fly. Dyno numbers sometime this week if all goes well and track numbers too. HUge thanks to Pops, Larry, Martin, and Motor Machine and its employees for working long hours after work to get this baby done!

Old 10-21-2012, 06:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking good Cam. Interested in the performance of the new setup
Old 10-21-2012, 01:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Cam.....thank YOU!!!

I really wished that we could of helped you out a little more with the price of the new bump stick, but I don't have all the string pulling power I'd like to have quite yet.

I will say that I am honored you chose me to grind your new stick for the 383. You have a top notch program (albeit a little short on funds compared to the big boys), but you and your pops make up for it in HARD WORK!

I'm ready to see this bitch put in the 5.30's!!!

Quick Reply: Come on cam tell them what happened!!! UPDATE 9/15