Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slot Car Racing LS1 Nitruos plate, anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 12:24 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slot Car Racing LS1 Nitruos plate, anyone??

http://www.slotcarracing.com/itm00007.htm

better pics here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

it looks nice and is cheap but has anyone used one? If so how where your results?
Old 04-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Launching!

TTT..anyone? would make a slick install.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

I designed it for John...tested it on my own H/C/4000 stall Formula.....car usually netted me about 10hp over the Jet size because the atomization is so well. I tested 75/100/150 shots and they were very smooth and hit hard but not too hard that it felt like it was going to break something.

I'm a lil Biased, but it really is a good peice.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just came upon these on Ebay also. I was kind of planning on going with NX maf upgrade kit to convert my wet kit, but this looks like a cheap alternative. I'm just a little leary seeing there isn't much feedback on them.

Also, were their any issues with the throttle linkage not being long enough?
Old 04-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Gregg 00SS
thats something I didn't even think about but I sure you could re-route you lines to give ya a little more.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gregg 00SS
I just came upon these on Ebay also. I was kind of planning on going with NX maf upgrade kit to convert my wet kit, but this looks like a cheap alternative. I'm just a little leary seeing there isn't much feedback on them.

It's a good peice, and I never had a problem with my throttle linkage....it's easy to call John up and ask him....
Old 04-13-2004, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JoSeY
It's a good peice, and I never had a problem with my throttle linkage....it's easy to call John up and ask him....
Bought some SFC's from him a while back, good guy to deal with. Was wondering if anyone had pics of this installed? Thanks.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the installed pics on my other computer that I fried the mother board.....didn't put in the memory correct....so I fried the Front Side Bus....I will try and get that disk drive over to this one shortly
Old 07-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Launching!

I am curious, since you designed it how do you compensate for the additional 3/4in from the throttle bracket to the throttle???
Old 07-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Question

I designed it for John...tested it on my own H/C/4000 stall Formula.....car usually netted me about 10hp over the Jet size because the atomization is so well. I tested 75/100/150 shots and they were very smooth and hit hard but not too hard that it felt like it was going to break something.

I'm a lil Biased, but it really is a good peice.

What jets did you use???
Old 07-15-2004, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't own that particular part, but I'm very impressed with the engineering involved with it. The nitrous/fuel will have to travel a lot less further before they entire the cylinders, and that will help to stop puddling in the intake. For that reason alone, I think it rocks!! All new technology is met with a degree of skepticism. Everyone is afraid to take a change.....not that I blame them, as somebody else's engineering mistake can cost YOU a lot of $$$$.

I have direct port now, but I was about to try that plate. The only reason I went direct is because I blew up my stock internal motor, and wanted a full time race car.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:25 AM
Teching In

I remember an issue with nitrous plates on the TPI motors.. It was that with the plate design the mixture would not reach all the cylinders. (And therefore some cylinders got more..)

I wonder how this is addressed on the LS1 intake. I'm really contemplating it though.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the palte is not desighned exactly right you are taking a chance of it not disributing the nitrous evenly to each cylinder.On the LS1 and LT1 the two front runners are right there.So if it does not distribute right is will skip the front cylinders.Im not saying this one is not desighned right.Just giving you something to think about.
Dave
Old 08-04-2004, 05:55 PM
Launching!

The plate is a nice piece, but the supplied hardware sucks, throttle body bolts are too long, hose attachments are not the right size for nos jet??? still trying to figure out what to about the throttle cable being off 3/4 in
Old 08-04-2004, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Performance
If the palte is not desighned exactly right you are taking a chance of it not disributing the nitrous evenly to each cylinder.On the LS1 and LT1 the two front runners are right there.So if it does not distribute right is will skip the front cylinders.Im not saying this one is not desighned right.Just giving you something to think about.
Dave
what would be the diffrence than any other kit that blew from the front like any dry kit? you would think anything that blew into the front would have the same results as having this plate in.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:35 PM
FormerVendor

On the lt1 and the ls1 the front runners are right after the throttle body.My thinking is that if the plate does not spray the pattern at the right disbursment it will skip the front runners and hit the back.Thats why nX tells you to put the nozzle 3 inches before the throttle body.This gives it time to fan out and mix with the air flow.So know I disagree that basically having a nozzle directly infront of the runners is going to attomize as good as having it further back.Again this is just my thinking.I have seen these plates and they are a nice looking piece of work.I probley should have stayed out of this thread but I guess my mouth overloads my but sometimes.
Dave
Old 08-04-2004, 11:05 PM
10 Second Club

i would be a little scared to run a full 300 on that system also. i like the idea of the N2O going through the TB first. also a single nozzle system i a pretty clean install if done right.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by guinness2
The plate is a nice piece, but the supplied hardware sucks, throttle body bolts are too long, hose attachments are not the right size for nos jet??? still trying to figure out what to about the throttle cable being off 3/4 in
The fittings for the jets were perfect in the one I was shipped. Mine came in their original NX packaging. (PN 91017 x 2)

Try using the NX style jets instead of the NOS flare jets.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:26 AM
FormerVendor

Nos jets will not work..
Old 08-05-2004, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

I got one looks good and we'll see how it performs after I get my kit runnin right

Quick Reply: Slot Car Racing LS1 Nitruos plate, anyone??