Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would be thebest nitrous plate for performer rpm lq4?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would be thebest nitrous plate for performer rpm lq4?

I have the engine in my sig, whit the rpm intake. I'm looking for the best no2 plate for the dual plane with divider. I don't want tobe spraying nitrous and fuel into the divider also don't want one cly to run lean and others to be fat. Any suggestions? I'm thinking perimeter style but not sure.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:25 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

I see in your signature it ways you want to spray a 250 shot. I am not sure that is a good idea with a dual plane. I used a NOS 125 Powershot on many dual planes back in the day with no problem.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah I'm thinking if I go that high ill machine my intake for direct port, but what do y'all recomend for a plate setup probably around 150 to 175ish..
Old 10-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a dual plane manifold I would not go above a 125-150 hp shot bad thins tend to happen after that on a dual plane.

As far as a plate I would highly recommend one of our conventional stage 6 plate mainly because we machine the spray passages in to the plate that way it would keep the manifold divided where as if you used one with spray bars in it it would create an open space between the two sides.

Here is a link to a system with that plate in it so you can take a look.
http://nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=967

We do make that system with different options if needed.

Trey
Old 10-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks that looks like what I need. Have y'all tested the plugs after a few runs on every cly with that setup on a rpm intake setup? Id like to know how good the cly distribution is and how even it is across the board. Thanks for the replies as well
Old 10-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

We have done some testing on a dual plane manifold and with the lower setting (up to 150hp) we generally still have good distribution but it starts to taper off with anything above that.

Trey
Old 10-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

Default similar scenario here

Trey,
I am looking at the stage 6 kit myself. The link you posted below appears to be for a conventional spray bar setup, not the stage six. Am I missing something here? The price is $628 vs $679. I take your logic to mean that with a dual plane manifold a perimeter spray like the stage 6 is prefered over a spray bar like on other brands systems. Set me straight here please.

Anyway I am in the same boat, stock bottom 5.3 with a Performer and 750 carb. My plan was a stage six setup so I didnt have to go Vic Jr. I dont see going past the 15-200 range anyway. Would you be able to put together a kit with a purge and a bottle heater safety setup and PM me a quote when you have a moment? I would buy a package deal.

Thanks,
Sean
FL

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
On a dual plane manifold I would not go above a 125-150 hp shot bad thins tend to happen after that on a dual plane.

As far as a plate I would highly recommend one of our conventional stage 6 plate mainly because we machine the spray passages in to the plate that way it would keep the manifold divided where as if you used one with spray bars in it it would create an open space between the two sides.

Here is a link to a system with that plate in it so you can take a look.
http://nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=967

We do make that system with different options if needed.

Trey
Old 10-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Hi Sean,

Well the stage 6 part is our term and denotation that means the plate only goes up to 300 hp and our Pro Power means it goes up to 500hp.

Now the plates themselves are called our "Conventional" and our "Gemini Twin". The conventional one is the one with the billet spray bar that is machined into the plate, and out Gemini Twin is the one that has the perimeter spray pattern.

So the one that i quoted him was our conventional stage six so that is has the bar in the middle so that it keeps the plenums separated under the carburetor.

I will send you a PM shortly

Trey

Quick Reply: What would be thebest nitrous plate for performer rpm lq4?