Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carter01 Moved on up today... Video inside!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeanPocket
My tune is fine, I upped my fuel jets and my plugs look where they needed to be. Its only a 150 shot. The initial hit was a big difference compared to before, the traps, 60' and 1/4 times were improved with my experience.

Stangkilr basically sold me on the NANO fwiw... however;
Chris from nitrous outlet told me it was as advertised
Theres also a 100 nano shot stock heads cam and ls1 intake camaro running 11.1
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...t=70660&page=4
^^ Thats a good read too..

I'm not trying to sell carter on it, I was just wondering if he had considered it and if he had any opinions on it. Either way, even if he did try the nano I don't see it being counter productive with his setup. I value his opinion so I thought I would ask.

I question what is "right where the plugs need to be " LOL
Old 12-04-2012, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
I question what is "right where the plugs need to be " LOL
i'll take a pic next time i take the hit on the track, but it wasn't leaning out last time around.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:25 PM
9 Second Club

My tune is fine, I upped my fuel jets and my plugs look where they needed to be. Its only a 150 shot. The initial hit was a big difference compared to before, the traps, 60' and 1/4 times were improved with my experience.

Stangkilr basically sold me on the NANO fwiw... however;
Chris from nitrous outlet told me it was as advertised
Theres also a 100 nano shot stock heads cam and ls1 intake camaro running 11.1
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...t=70660&page=4
^^ Thats a good read too..

I'm not trying to sell carter on it, I was just wondering if he had considered it and if he had any opinions on it. Either way, even if he did try the nano I don't see it being counter productive with his setup. I value his opinion so I thought I would ask.
Only thing its good for is running your bottle until its just about empty or If you run in a class that has a small jet limit.
It will pass more nitrous thru the same size jet as a system without it but it cannot keep up once you get to the really big jets.
So all your really doing is making your 150 shot a 175 shot but still calling it a 150 shot.

In your case you say the tune is "fine" then all you had to do was add some nitrous jet to accomplish the same end result.
Alot of guys get hung up on the number stamped in the side of there jets.
Its a "150" shot well I have had some big 150 shot jets in my car before. LOL!

Good luck with your Nano.

Now back to the Congrads on the new best Carter thread.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:27 PM
9 Second Club

i'll take a pic next time i take the hit on the track, but it wasn't leaning out last time around.
Ya, he really need to see what a good tune up looks like.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

You car is badass and congrats on the new PB. I've been thinking about pulling this yank SS3600 out for an FTI unit.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I pm'ed you so this thread wouldn't get hijacked.. I'll leave it at this and be done with it.

-I didn't gain an extra 25 hp on the dyno when it was being tuned, it actually read as a 125 on the 150 pill. Infact I dynoed the exact same number without the nano.
-I didn't lean out
-I wasn't implying what a good tune up looks like, just saying i would post a simple picture next time around for y'all to judge
-I Pm'ed you asking why you thought it 'doesnt keep up' because i was seriously curious
-I'm happy with the outcome along with alot of other people
-If the nano is not as advertised, please I insist that you prove me wrong so i have a reason to take it off

I really didnt want to get off topic at all, and I really dont want to argue with someone like yourself since i value your opinion too about nitrous.

Last edited by LeanPocket; 12-04-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think what ATVracr is saying is the Nano doesn't work as well when you have a 400 on the plate and 300 on the fogger. A nano with a 150 might work but not with a BIG hit. Congrats Carter on the runs, that TV2 sure does like the spray for a small cam. I am stepping up the hit on my TV2 with some factory cast heads this coming Jan. Looking for .70 if the setup works.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1320king
wow your car is so impressive. Its legit crazy fast, and the combo just seems to WORK amazingly together. If you dont mind could you pm me how your nitrous is activated I.E wiring through trans brake and such. I was thinking a interupt relay when transbrake on and as soon as i release its instantly on at 3700-4000rpm. How is yours done?
Thanks man! basically like this, window switch set from 35-69, wot switch on the throttle body, button on my shifter is tied into the transbrake. When i set the transbrake, foot goes to the floor, when I release the button on the TB she is turned on and spraying.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:27 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by StrokerTA
Great job Carter! Good to see you getting her sorted out!
Thanks man, trying to get down there with you top dogs!!!

Neal@NitrousOutlet congrats on the new times !
Thanks Neal, Dave and I have a few plans up our sleeve for January, hopefully we will see some even faster times!

ShiznityZ28 Congrats. keep an eye on timing as the weather cools. if your adding fuel because the air gets better its making more power and probably needs less timing. if you were conservative before than it will just get closer to that edge. if you were on it it can bite you.
Thanks Steve! I only added fuel due to the plug readings being too lean for my taste. The weather actually got worse as the day progressed. However I appreciate the advice because the next time out I am looking at some negative DA which will bite me with the quickness!!

Kingc8r You car is badass and congrats on the new PB. I've been thinking about pulling this yank SS3600 out for an FTI unit.
I don't know much about yank but i can tell you FTI doesn't play!

David Q I think what ATVracr is saying is the Nano doesn't work as well when you have a 400 on the plate and 300 on the fogger. A nano with a 150 might work but not with a BIG hit. Congrats Carter on the runs, that TV2 sure does like the spray for a small cam. I am stepping up the hit on my TV2 with some factory cast heads this coming Jan. Looking for .70 if the setup works.
Thanks David! Honestly I don't think many people believe how far the TV2 has gone. It has surely impressed me these past 5 years! lol... Good luck on your .70!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by David Q
I think what ATVracr is saying is the Nano doesn't work as well when you have a 400 on the plate and 300 on the fogger. A nano with a 150 might work but not with a BIG hit. Congrats Carter on the runs, that TV2 sure does like the spray for a small cam. I am stepping up the hit on my TV2 with some factory cast heads this coming Jan. Looking for .70 if the setup works.
i getcha
Old 12-04-2012, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

are you still on stock fuel rails?
Old 12-04-2012, 07:43 PM
9 Second Club

are you still on stock fuel rails?
Yes sir, stock rails, stock 28lb injectors, stock maf, stock TB, stock ls6 intake.

Last edited by Carter01; 12-04-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Big time CONGRATS!!!

You make it look so easy in the video. The car is putting it down for sure!

N2
Old 12-04-2012, 07:56 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by N2RACINGLS1's
Big time CONGRATS!!!

You make it look so easy in the video. The car is putting it down for sure!

N2
Thanks N2! Lot's of practice, trial and error! lol..

Can't wait to see you and DBN down here real soon!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Carter IMO, your combo is SUPER impressive for what it is... Very cool deal you got going on there..
Nicks isn't as impressive as I want it to be yet.... By Bradentons LSX race, it will do something crazy.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:03 PM
9 Second Club

Carter IMO, your combo is SUPER impressive for what it is... Very cool deal you got going on there..
Nicks isn't as impressive as I want it to be yet.... By Bradentons LSX race, it will do something crazy.
Thanks man! That means alot coming from the fastest Stock Cube Nitrous ls1 on tech!!! I've been talking with a few friends the past few days and they seem to think I am leaving some 60ft on the table. I hope to get into the high 1.2s next outing and high 5s.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Carter01
Thanks man! That means alot coming from the fastest Stock Cube Nitrous ls1 on tech!!! I've been talking with a few friends the past few days and they seem to think I am leaving some 60ft on the table. I hope to get into the high 1.2s next outing and high 5s.
I think you could probably get to 1.28 territory, but you are heavy still.. And I like to focus on the 330' a little bit more sometimes. In traction limited stuff like we run, stock suspended and 10" tires, sometimes the 60' is not always there. But if you can make the car accelerate hard from 60-330, you are onto something.

Nicks car at just shy of 3100 only went 1.33&3.79 on the record pass... I would like to see 1.26-1.29 at his weight, but more so I would like to see it run the 330 @ low 3.60's.. I think we can do that without adding anymore power to it.

Long story short, don't always focus on the little number @ 60'.. Make yourself work to improve all over, sometimes you have to give up somewhere to make up elsewhere.. EX: dead hooking the tire could result in a great 60', but a less than stellar 330'...

Congrats man, and good luck! You should try and truck down to Bradenton and meet us for the first LSX race.. We all might be out gunned in Real Street, but it would be cool for a bunch of us stock cube guys to show up and race!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 PM
9 Second Club

I think you could probably get to 1.28 territory, but you are heavy still.. And I like to focus on the 330' a little bit more sometimes. In traction limited stuff like we run, stock suspended and 10" tires, sometimes the 60' is not always there. But if you can make the car accelerate hard from 60-330, you are onto something.

Nicks car at just shy of 3100 only went 1.33&3.79 on the record pass... I would like to see 1.26-1.29 at his weight, but more so I would like to see it run the 330 @ low 3.60's.. I think we can do that without adding anymore power to it.

Long story short, don't always focus on the little number @ 60'.. Make yourself work to improve all over, sometimes you have to give up somewhere to make up elsewhere.. EX: dead hooking the tire could result in a great 60', but a less than stellar 330'...

Congrats man, and good luck! You should try and truck down to Bradenton and meet us for the first LSX race.. We all might be out gunned in Real Street, but it would be cool for a bunch of us stock cube guys to show up and race!
Interesting theory for sure. I see where you are coming from and it make sense. I have never had my car on a dyno but I have plans in Jan to do so. I think there is still a good bit left on the table before i swap on my new heads and intake.

Bradenton sounds like fun!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Carter01
Yes sir, stock rails, stock 28lb injectors, stock maf, stock TB, stock ls6 intake.
, just unreal how perfect that car is hahahaha i just dont understand it. gotta love when good parts come together perfectly.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:01 AM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

Carter, your car is gettin' it!

I can't believe the fuel pump is able to keep up with that size shot!

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
You car is badass and congrats on the new PB. I've been thinking about pulling this yank SS3600 out for an FTI unit.
Remember, he has th400 in his ride, a whole different ball game. I don't think a converter swap will make much difference with a 4L60E

Quick Reply: Carter01 Moved on up today... Video inside!