Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An Apology to our Money Maker Customers.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember when I first got into the "real world" after graduating college and my mentor at the time, a WWII veteran told me the playground and kids may have grown older, but they haven't grown up and won't stop throwing sand. OP, despite whatever creativity and quality you have brought and may continue to bring into the nitrous world, I think you're being childish...
Old 02-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dave , u guys are top notch . ya im sure ppl are a lil upset over it getting leaked but thats how it goes sometimes. just keep doing what u guys do u have a loyal fan base. Btw ill be lookin to upgrade my kit this year and this moneymaker looks pretty good.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Dave, if thats the MoneyMaker, then the way you designed mine, it should be called the F*** YOU KIT because the way you designed it is is right in your face.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:44 AM
TECH Addict

I dont see OP being childish. He stated he has received calls from his customers pissed off, so now he made a thread to apologize to those customers.

Its probably gonna backfire though unless a mod locks this up to avoid attention to a secret setup.

It really sucks that this happened though. Nitrous outlet clearly cares for their customers since they truly kept it a secret for quite a while. They didnt go advertise it to make a few more sales, thus ruining what their current customers already bought. If i ever spray my car, im going to Nitrous Outlet no doubt about it.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I originally saw this on FB.. It was brought to my attention by a friend that was going to purchase a money maker kit. When the majority of the people in our area were shown the link on lsxtvs FB page, he opted to not do it. A lot of people do know about it, many didn't. That ruins it COMPLETELY for a lot of people.

NX, I will never spend a penny of my money with you.. If you are this money hungry then who knows what BS you would consider feeding me to sell a product. IMO, that didn't help business it hurt business.

Shame on you and shame on lsxtv for posting it on their FB. I even sent them a message stating my opinions on the matter.. I also posted on your FB page.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
I should probably clarify something for the record. Nitrous Express is not saying that we were the inventors of hidden spray bar installs. 10,000 RPM was doing this back in the 70s. Mike Wood (the owner on NX) installed his first hidden spray bar system in the plenum of a tunnel ram in 1980. Mike Wood installed his first hidden spray bar in an EFI manifold (ford 5.0l) in 1988. Mike Wood did a lot of hidden spray bar installs (both in fuel injected and Carb manifolds) until NX was officially started in 1996. Since then, NX has developed and installed many hidden systems in LT1 intakes, LSX intakes and many others. In the beginning, NX did not publicly market hidden systems and mostly sold them via word of mouth. This year, we have begun to market the fact that we offered hidden systems. This decision was fueled by the fact that multiple other nitrous companies were publicly marketing that they offered hidden systems.

FYI for everyone that already has one of our hidden systems, We are not disclosing any names or info on who has them. We are simply letting the market know that we are also doing hidden spray bar installs as well as other companies that are currently marketing hidden nitrous systems.
Where are all these links of these companies showing everything you guys showed? Post of some links, I haven't seen it.

Did Nitro Dave advertise it? Kind of... Did they go to the lengths you guys went to, never even crossed their mind.

You let more than the market know.. You let our competitors know as well.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:58 AM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

Unfortunately, it's the American way and this has being going on forever. This is alot bigger than car stuff..

Though, I do think NX probably hurt themselves also by exposing a "confidential" product without realizing it. It's not so secret anymore.

I'm not sponsored nor getting payed by neither, so I could care less. My money won't be spent any different because of it.

Btw, I didn't know nothing about it, so thanks to the folks that posted where we can see the vids. A big mouth and don't even know it.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i could be incorrect here, but i really don't see the relevance of having a "hidden" kit be known about. It's no real secret to people at drag strips or tracks. Anyone who posts on LS1tech has the information at their fingertips, and most people you play with on the street aren't going to creep under your hood to see if you have nitrous... whether it's a hidden *** money maker kit that god himself couldn't see, or a kit you duct taped the bottle to your intake manifold... chances are you'll never see under the hood.

and trust me, if you have friends that are car guys, they knew you had that kit as soon as you did.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Qwkss
"Anyone who has had a hidden system install should not be worried; we will continue to keep the details of this type of install confidential."

So basically you lied to everyone that has bought your hidden systems over the years, as you showed exactly how your hidden kit works. "Details" would mean how the kit works, NOT who actually bought them. Unless Im missing something?
Excuse me, NX? Can you respond please?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

They are not going to respond.

At this point, it is better to not to respond at all because any post by them will cause more damage.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:36 PM
10 Second Club

Not taking sides but I don't see how any customers where done wrong. Just because NX posted a video of how their system works doesn't mean anything to the Money Maker customers. Theres no list posted of who has one and who doesn't. If you raced someone that had one of these hidden systems, how would any of you know unless the person with it told you they had one?

The fact that this thread was even made tells people that money maker is similar to the NX hidden system. The best course of action for N.O. would have been to say nothing about the matter. But by making this thread it brought attention to N.O. and the Money Maker. And this is coming from a happy N.O. customer!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:51 PM
11 Second Club

i would have probably never seen the video or even looked had i not seen this post. Just a FYI
Old 02-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

This is a strange ethical dilemma, the nitrous kit that allows you to "cheat" has been exposed and people are claiming business ethics violation. Does anyone else see the irony here?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:31 PM
10 Second Club

Why does it matter? I have seen threads on here where people were mounting bottles in the sail panel trim. If anyone really wants to hide a system they can, it just takes effort. Who gives a **** if its a packaged kit that a company laid out?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:04 AM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

Originally Posted by blacktransam
i would have probably never seen the video or even looked had i not seen this post. Just a FYI
Old 02-25-2013, 04:12 PM
TECH Resident

this

Originally Posted by JoeMama's GTO
This is a strange ethical dilemma, the nitrous kit that allows you to "cheat" has been exposed and people are claiming business ethics violation. Does anyone else see the irony here?
and this.

i do give you an E for effort in trying to make your competitor look bad though.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:22 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks Alot OBAMA!!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JoeMama's GTO
It is the old any publicity is good, way of thinking. Just an attempt to stir up some drama to bring more attention to one products.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JOHNBOY66
It is the old any publicity is good, way of thinking. Just an attempt to stir up some drama to bring more attention to one products.

That's funny!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:50 AM
TECH Resident

Ditto.

Quick Reply: An Apology to our Money Maker Customers.