Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous and n/a timing 110 octane

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by swoop
I have the LNC-2000 it works perfectly. I have it hooked to my HPtuners so I can see it pulling the timing also. It's a nice unit.
thanks man i don't have a speedometer i was scared that it wont dis engage the 2step once i launched. but brandon@nitrousoutlet says ill be fine with it.

Originally Posted by Gary Z
You seem to be thinking that: “Higher octane allows more timing which makes more power”. This idea is not correct.
yea i had a talk with my tunner he kinda explained it to me thanks
Old 05-03-2013, 02:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lsxTAlemy
...yea i had a talk with my tunner he kinda explained it to me thanks
Great! I was kinda afraid I was going to have to explain it. Good luck.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:43 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LNC and running lean

The LNC-2000 did include several improvements over the LNC-002 including increased electrical noise immunity along with added features but none of these products can cause the engine to run lean (not our 2-steps or the MSD 2-step). The LNC is connected between the ECM and the coils. It has no interaction with the fueling side of the engine control system and the ECM/PCM is unaware that our module is in the system.

i was looking at the lcn-002 but alot of people have had problems with it is the lcn-2000 better? im looking to get one soon seen people haveing problems with the 2tep disengaging and the car runs lean after install
Old 05-07-2013, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gary Z
Great! I was kinda afraid I was going to have to explain it. Good luck.
thanks man

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE
The LNC-2000 did include several improvements over the LNC-002 including increased electrical noise immunity along with added features but none of these products can cause the engine to run lean (not our 2-steps or the MSD 2-step). The LNC is connected between the ECM and the coils. It has no interaction with the fueling side of the engine control system and the ECM/PCM is unaware that our module is in the system.
but it work with the injector wiring or the coil. any misfire can cause a rich or lean spike. i went threw it wit an alarm and was wired to my injector and it was causing a miss it was reading lean or rich not sure now don't remember.

i am looking in to getting the lnc2000 tho my only concern was how dose it know when to disengage the 2 step when i don't have a a speedometer. i don't want to launch and not disengage. i have th400 with trans brake and no speedometer?
Old 05-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Launching!

I cant understand why people get so interested in running the most timing they can and being on the ragged edge, timing does not make power, it only controls when the fire is lit, the goal should actually be to run as little timing as possible to make the motor happy, adding beyond that will just hurt parts.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 10secZ28
I cant understand why people get so interested in running the most timing they can and being on the ragged edge, timing does not make power, it only controls when the fire is lit, the goal should actually be to run as little timing as possible to make the motor happy, adding beyond that will just hurt parts.
that's the first time i hear that timing doesn't make power. maybe beyond a certain amount of timing ur wasting ur time. but i have seen plenty of motors make more power with a couple degrees thrown at it.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Launching!

that's the first time i hear that timing doesn't make power. maybe beyond a certain amount of timing ur wasting ur time. but i have seen plenty of motors make more power with a couple degrees thrown at it.

efficiency makes power (proper air/fuel) and completely burning the mixture is what makes power. so if a motor is happy at 28 degrees and you throw 34 at it you think you will pick up power?
Old 05-07-2013, 05:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2-step

Both the LPE and the MSD 2-steps operate by disabling the coils. They are not connected to the injectors and don't impact the firing the injectors.

Neither of our products should be wired to the injectors. Both use plug-and-play connectors to the coils and get the RPM signal and power from those connectors.

How do you plan on activating the 2-step? Do you have a line-lock or trans brake? If so you can have the 2-step active when ever the line-lock or trans brake is active.

If you are just leaving off the foot brake and the 2-step then the 2-step will activate every time you apply the brakes so if you don't want this to happen you will have to have another switch in the system to disable the 2-step once you are moving.

thanks man

but it work with the injector wiring or the coil. any misfire can cause a rich or lean spike. i went threw it wit an alarm and was wired to my injector and it was causing a miss it was reading lean or rich not sure now don't remember.

i am looking in to getting the lnc2000 tho my only concern was how dose it know when to disengage the 2 step when i don't have a a speedometer. i don't want to launch and not disengage. i have th400 with trans brake and no speedometer?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE
Both the LPE and the MSD 2-steps operate by disabling the coils. They are not connected to the injectors and don't impact the firing the injectors.

Neither of our products should be wired to the injectors. Both use plug-and-play connectors to the coils and get the RPM signal and power from those connectors.

How do you plan on activating the 2-step? Do you have a line-lock or trans brake? If so you can have the 2-step active when ever the line-lock or trans brake is active.

If you are just leaving off the foot brake and the 2-step then the 2-step will activate every time you apply the brakes so if you don't want this to happen you will have to have another switch in the system to disable the 2-step once you are moving.
oo0o ok now i get it. i have a trans brake so ill have to wire the 2 step for when he trans brake is engaged to work. when go then it turns off

Quick Reply: nitrous and n/a timing 110 octane