Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 block. How much N20

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Canada
Managed to pick up a few useful facts from this thread, thanks ATV and Roger. I plan to spray nitrous at some point this coming season and I've never sprayed before so it'll be interesting. Built this new motor for nitrous so I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions in the near future. I have (2) 10lb bottles and running a -6an feed that is a "Y" split for both bottles and a valve and gauge installed on the feed line. Looking at a 4 solenoid direct port kit from n2o outlet and use a standalone fuel cell eventually. I figure while I'm working my way up in the pills and getting it dialed in I can get away with running it off the rails. I still have a lot of learning to do like pill sizes and which plug and reading plugs and how to figure out what the limit really is. I went to an iron block with hefty parts so I can spray a decent amount of nitrous.
Good luck with the build. Nitrous is a very likable kick in the azz
This is a good place to learn and get help....... Most of the time.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here's a list of all of NGK PLUGS part numbers
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
NGK Spark Plugs.pdf (299.8 KB, 235 views)
Old 12-20-2013, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of the violent nitrous backfires is from plate systems , were nitrous & fuel is spray directly in the intake where fuel can puddle and if you have any type of timing issues or the wrong heat range on the plugs (Hot) ground strap can overheat and turn into a glow plug , weak valve springs or weak hyd. lifters can cause a backfire , with the fuel puddle in the intake and the extra oxygen from the nitrous can cause a catastrophic explosion , With a direct port the fuel and nitrous never see the intake, it sprayed directly into the head intake runner and if you have a backfire its not as destructive. I spray a 500 shot and never had and problems with backfires, I run a 250 direct port and a 250 dry system threw the TB. on a progressive controller , and I run the NGK R5671A-10 heat range because the plugs told me to. read your plugs they will tell you just what you need and also don't run the long ground strap ,use the short strap.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roger Blackmore
Good luck with the build. Nitrous is a very likable kick in the azz
This is a good place to learn and get help....... Most of the time.
Are we talking pharm grade nitrous or the car kind haha. So I guess the plugs will tell me what my limit is to how much I can spray. The system I'm building will max out at 600 which would be a hell of a ride if it hooked. Just going to start small and work my way up the pills and watch my afr and check the plugs all the time. Thing I liked about nitrous over the turbos or superchargers is 1. Its the only power adder i've never used and 2. Is I can have my regular good old 550rwhp but if i want more just open up the valve and let the bottles flow. Going to be an interesting process. Can't wait to play with the NOS Launcher when it gets here tomorrow though. One of the cool little play toys I picked up for the build.

Quick Reply: LS3 block. How much N20