Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Using The Leash Single Stage Nitrous Board?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LsoneGT
They are fused by the wire from the fuse box that feeds it. I had a spare place in my fuse box that I created just for this. I have a ls1 in a mustang so my fuse box may vary from yours, but the same concept should apply
I see. What amp fuse did you use to power it? Really appreciate all the help!
Old 04-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It has a 10 in it right now.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

I really like your idea of running the two strips and connecting the wiring there. It's clean and seems like it's an easy and less confusing way of doing it. You and slammin86 have similar ways of going about the wiring. He's running the Leash single stage nitrous board too, but he's also got the Leash big dog fuse block. I guess the fuse block and the two strips you're using really do the same thing in the end because your 12v+ strip is fused via the fuse box, where his fuse block is obviously fused, but that fuse block also allows him to run wires to and from it like the strips do. All this wiring stuff confuses me. If I can visualize it in my head, I'll be fine, but mine is going to be a little more complicated with the purge, NOS Mini and my switch panel (nitrous arm, purge, heater and opener).

Last edited by Rise of the Phoenix; 04-01-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Launching!

Ill check his thread out, you can run wires in and out of these blocks also. I have nothing that draws alot of amps going to them. Randy has great products.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah, the Leash nitrous board is nice because it's pretty damn simple to figure out because it says right on the board what wire goes in each port. It's the other accessories that seem hard to wire up.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I really like your idea of running the two strips and connecting the wiring there. It's clean and seems like it's an easy and less confusing way of doing it. You and slammin86 have similar ways of going about the wiring. He's running the Leash single stage nitrous board too, but he's also got the Leash big dog fuse block. I guess the fuse block and the two strips you're using really do the same thing in the end because your 12v+ strip is fused via the fuse box, where his fuse block is obviously fused, but that fuse block also allows him to run wires to and from it like the strips do. All this wiring stuff confuses me. If I can visualize it in my head, I'll be fine, but mine is going to be a little more complicated with the purge, NOS Mini and my switch panel (nitrous arm, purge, heater and opener).
I will have terminal strips in my setup also...I am using them as a quick disconnect point. Let's say for whatever reason I have to take my switch panel out I can simply undo all the spade terminals rather than cutting wires. I will probably incorporate 2 10 spot terminal strips. Mine will not be located on my main panel in the glovebox though.

I am going to have a relay for the fuse block also but it will be located on the bottom of the glovebox board. I will pull main power from the battery and use an accessory to activate the relay when the car is running.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

For me, being a wiring novice, setting it up like LsoneGT has it seems to be simpler. Slammin86, you see any negatives to doing it that way? I don't want to overcomplicate things, but at the same time, I don't want to fry something.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

For me, being a wiring novice, setting it up like LsoneGT has it seems to be simpler. Slammin86, you see any negatives to doing it that way? I don't want to overcomplicate things, but at the same time, I don't want to fry something.
I like to keep a dedicated fuse for each device I run. I'll have a single fused lead coming off of the battery and going to each relay. Then as you can see from my thread I have an individual fuse for each item. This makes it a lot easier to troubleshoot items imo. If a wire shorts out somewhere it only takes out that single item and the fuse pops. Then you track down the issue and correct it.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well, I'm going to begin wiring up the switch panel tonight. I'm going to wire mine up like you did yours, as we have the same switches. I'll have the NOS Mini, so the green wire would run to the NOS Mini, as opposed to the Microedge like you have. That is the only thing I see that I'll need to do differently.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

I bought one of these boards last year with the intent to rewire my kit, and never got around to it. It's on my list this year - after I decide which direction to go trans wise.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Could anyone tell me if I need the 12v activation or the ground activation in regards to the Leash single stage controller? I want to make my order today. I e-mailed Leash, but haven't heard anything back yet.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Launching!

If your going to use a window switch to create your ground get the negative. I have the negative trigger
Old 04-04-2014, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

If your going to use a window switch to create your ground get the negative. I have the negative trigger
The window switch I'll be using is built into the NOS Mini. So the ground one is what I need then?
Old 04-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Shoot Randy a email just to double check. For mine that was the case
Old 04-04-2014, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Shoot Randy a email just to double check. For mine that was the case
Thanks, just waiting to hear back from him. I ended up getting my switch plate wired up last night and it looks really good. I'll start up a build thread with more pics though.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Thanks, just waiting to hear back from him. I ended up getting my switch plate wired up last night and it looks really good. I'll start up a build thread with more pics though.
Sweet man looking forward to the build thread!
Old 04-04-2014, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah, I'm looking forward to diving more into it. I think I've got it all planned out in my head. The Leash board makes it much easier because there is a port I can wire the purge wire coming off the switch plate, as well as a port to wire in the arm wire coming off the switch plate. I'll then just tie in the NOS Mini white wire into the arm wire so I'll be good to go there. I'll get a fuse panel that I'll put in the glove box area with my Leash board that I'll tie into the battery positive and have 12v+ sources for all the 12v+ switch panel switches. The heater will go to a 12v+ source and then to the actual heater itself. When I wired up the switch panel, I y'd in all the 12v+ and ground wires, so there is only one wire coming out of it, which makes it cleaner looking and simpler to install.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well, Randy just e-mailed me back and said I'll need the 12v+ option.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Glad my advice wasn't taken lol
Old 04-04-2014, 02:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Got it ordered. I'll be using this wiring diagram I got from Leash:
Attached Files

Quick Reply: Anyone Using The Leash Single Stage Nitrous Board?