Default A little help?

this has me boggled!

the setup
C5 zo6 H/C/I full bolt'on
N.O. 92mm wet plate kit
Two N.O. 10lb bottles
LNC-2000 timing retard box
Micro Storm progressive nitrous controller

so this is all setup and working so had the car tuned for a 150 shot but the car only picked up like 60rwhp tuner said i was out of injector and that i should upgrade talked to Brandon @ N.O. he also agreed its a fueling problem so i swapped to 42lb injectors back to the dyno jetted for 150 shot .28 fuel jet .62 n2o jet car made around 60rwhp more on spray worked upto a .34 fuel jet car picked up 110rwhp spoke with brandon again he said i'm probably out of fuel pump so i upgraded to the lingenfelter walbro C5 255 lph drop in pump then back to the dyno again (the highest n20 pull before fuel pump was 591rwhp 597rwtq ) so now i have upgraded injectors & fuel pump so the car should put down some good numbers right? WRONG! after a day on the dyno and playing with fuel jets (.35 fuel/ .62 nitrous) the car makes 600rwhp 599rwtq the 1st pull AFR was around 12.8 after playing with fuel jets we got it down to 11.5 AFR, heres what gets me every pull regardless of AFR or timing the HP & TQ on all the pulls was almost identical and the car would not make more then 600 to the wheels??? Brandon told me there kits are rated to the wheels not crank HP so i'm like 20 hp down witch is not my problem, i'm boggled at how changing time and fuel jets basically had no effect on the RWHP/RWTQ the car made and that even after injectors and fuel pump i still have to over jet the fuel side when brandon tells me with the .28 jet the car should be well into the 11 AFR range not 12's

fuel pressure is good the new pump has the setup recovering faster from the initial lean spike but thats about it

+ timing 59x hp 59x tq
- timing 59x hp 59x tq
12.8 AFR 59x hp 59x tq
11.5 AFR 600 hp 599 tq

all runs was less then 5hp & 5tq bottle pressure was in the 1050psi range, its like the car hits 600rwhp and hits a wall

what should i be looking for? why do i have to over jet the fuel side?
Old 11-04-2016, 11:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Youll need more info for better answers. Like what timing on motor and what timing on spray was tried? What heads, cam and exhaust? As far as injectors go, judging from your sig it ran fine before installing the wet nitrous kit. So why would you need bigger injectors for a wet kit? Fuel pump if stock did need upgrading. I believe a 255 even with a hot wire kit dont make it much past 600whp on NA/nitrous motors.

If you wasnt actually monitoring fuel pressure thats where I would start. In my opinion going from a 28 to a 35 jet should have made it fatter than what it did. Leading me to believe your still out of fuel pump. This is assuming there is no restriction in the fuel side of kit.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes the car is running pretty goon N/A but injector duty was @ 94% but stable

BTR Stage II Cam 227/234 .614"/.576" 113+2
PRC 2.5 243 heads
fast ported 92mm/ported tb
TSP 1 3/4 headers ORX
B&B exhaust

timing is set to 28* or 29* the LNC-2000 is pulling 4.5* or 5* of timing sorry i dont remember exactly we tried so much when it was on the dyno

if it was a fuel wouldn't it be going lean? injectors are in the low 70's % duty cycle the recovery from the initial lean spike before tool around 900rpm to over come it now its like 500rpm so the pump did help

i'm not upset over installing the pump or injectors n/a the car makes 475/415 so i was on the edge of what the stock system can handle it was needed, i never had a car on the dyno that felt like its not responding to changes lol all the other cars showed changes good or bad when something in the tune was changed especially going from 12.8 ARF down to 11.5 AFR

i'm going to check voltage at the pump to see maybe that will tell me something?
Old 11-05-2016, 10:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Spark Instant/Coil Energy

MY customer tests CONFIRM a normal advance of 26 degrees N/A with a -6 advance change when sprayed@150 shot on a similar application.

Most often they fit my IGN-1A coil kit, what coil is fitted ?
What spark plug wire is fitted ?
What is your plug gap ?
What is your Crankshaft TW count ? (24ex/58x)
What is the size of your tire ?

Lance
Old 11-05-2016, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Pantera EFI
MY customer tests CONFIRM a normal advance of 26 degrees N/A with a -6 advance change when sprayed@150 shot on a similar application.Lance
what coil is fitted? Stock coils
What spark plug wire is fitted? MSD 8.5mm
What is your plug gap ? gap is 28 non projected NGK BR7EF
What is your Crankshaft TW count ? stock 24x
What is the size of your tire ? 26.1 & 26.5 (have 2 sets)
Old 11-05-2016, 11:42 AM
FormerVendor

Default NOS Coil Dwell

OK, these are my concerns :

1. Stock LS-1 "early" coils may not have the required energy, to turn up the dwell would help though this coil has a "stall saver" of a MAX coil dwell limit.

Thus a stronger coil could help.

2. The MSD wire has a low resistance, a higher resistance SPW will allow a longer spark, GOOD for NOS.

3. Spark Plug Gap is TOO close, Spark Plug Heat Range is too high.

4. Tire Width is not stated and this is a pick-up ?

Lance
Old 11-05-2016, 12:19 PM
TECH Regular

its a 2001 C5 Zo6 corvette manual 6 speed monster stage 2 clutch, RPM lv5 trans and c6 zo6 upgraded diff

the car was running tr55 ngk's N/A and was told by the tuner and Brandon @ N.O. to change to the BR7EF plugs since they are 2 steps colder heat range and that the plugs should be gaped to .028 to .030

so your thinking my coils are maxed out?

tires are 11.5 to 12" wide
Old 11-06-2016, 06:19 PM
FormerVendor

Default Ignition Coils IGN-1A

OK, lets "rule out" tire slip.

Yes, I do though it would be of great help if you stated the specific coil fitted ?

One method is to "open" your plug gap, if miss-fire occurs, stronger coils could be of benefit.

MY concern is the Spark Instant being too ADVANCED though "weak" coils could allow for this value to be correct.

The "thread", a Sticky, GEN-III External, about coils, has my IGN-1A kit pictured at the end.

This coil has NEVER failed to perform, is required by NHRA Pro-Stock Rules, the #1 coil.

Just "Google" IGN-1A, there is a lot of information.

Lance

Quick Reply: A little help?