Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

standalone tank

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 06:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default standalone tank

where can i get an under hood stand alone tank that will look clean i want to do a hidden nitrous setup also would you go plate or direct port for say up to 200 shot
Old 06-14-2017, 06:46 AM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Putting the stand alone under the hood isnt really going to help your hidden effort. Same thing goes for a plate set up.

Why not look into running the cell in say the T top well, and running a shark nozzle hidden somewhere
Old 06-14-2017, 09:21 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

What vehicle do you have?
Old 06-14-2017, 03:35 PM
Teching In

98 camaro ss
Old 06-14-2017, 05:21 PM
FormerVendor

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/gm-f-bo...el-system.html
I know you said you wanted an under hood dedicated fuel system but this bad boy right here is about as hidden as it gets. It mounts to the frame rail in your spare tire well. This with our money maker would catch some people off guard!
Old 06-15-2017, 06:57 AM
9 Second Club

as stated fuel cell under the hood is a dead give away for nitrous lol. The money maker is a very well setup, it's cool just to look how it was done. And that's the issue a very well hidden nitrous setup can get pricey. but if done right it actually can pay for itself in short time. Good return on the payouts
Old 06-23-2017, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by idowreckin
where can i get an under hood stand alone tank that will look clean i want to do a hidden nitrous setup also would you go plate or direct port for say up to 200 shot
You can relocate your battery to the back of the trunk and then make a custom box where the battery was and put your stand alone tank there. On the outside, it will just look like a shiny billet battery box. I've never seen this done, but it's an idea.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
You can relocate your battery to the back of the trunk and then make a custom box where the battery was and put your stand alone tank there. On the outside, it will just look like a shiny billet battery box. I've never seen this done, but it's an idea.
My stand alone goes where the battery used to but it looks like a fuel cell, regulator and gauge. It would take some work to hide all of that stuff but I like the idea.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Propane/NOS

Hi I-do, I am in California with many NOS users here fitting a Propane Tank, the fuel, in the trunk.

Thus no pumps, good pressure to the front AND 130 Octane Fuel

Lance
Old 07-27-2017, 08:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,218 Likes on 782 Posts

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/gm-f-bo...el-system.html
I know you said you wanted an under hood dedicated fuel system but this bad boy right here is about as hidden as it gets. It mounts to the frame rail in your spare tire well. This with our money maker would catch some people off guard!
I did a quick google search and didn't see any installed pics. Would you be willing to post up a couple pics of what this looks like in the car. Perhaps a customer that has bought this would share??

Thanks
Old 07-27-2017, 11:50 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MaroonMonsterLS1
I did a quick google search and didn't see any installed pics. Would you be willing to post up a couple pics of what this looks like in the car. Perhaps a customer that has bought this would share??

Thanks
I'll take one home with me this evening and mock it up on my car and post the pics tomorrow.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,218 Likes on 782 Posts

Thanks!!
Old 07-28-2017, 02:26 PM
FormerVendor

Here's a rough mock up. spare tire cover goes back into place and you can't tell its there. Has provisions for feed and return as well as a vent with roll over safety built in. I'll be doing official installed pictures here shortly and get them added to the website. If there's anything else specific you'd like to see just let me know and I can snap some pictures.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet

Here's a rough mock up. spare tire cover goes back into place and you can't tell its there. Has provisions for feed and return as well as a vent with roll over safety built in. I'll be doing official installed pictures here shortly and get them added to the website. If there's anything else specific you'd like to see just let me know and I can snap some pictures.
But then where do you hide the bottle if the tank is being hid where the bottle would normally be hidden? Is there enough room under the driver side rear cover for a tank?
Old 08-01-2017, 03:07 PM
FormerVendor

You might be able to modify this bracket and cut a hole in the middle to access the filler cap on the stand alone. That way you have it all hidden in the spare well basically.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/dual-ve...cket-1388.html

You guys have to remember that there is no prebuilt system that hides absolutely everything. You're going to have to get creative.

Quick Reply: standalone tank