Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX accumulator questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX accumulator questions. *Update*

I got my accumulator after work and do not have time to jack with it tonight. I do however have a couple of questions. How does it work, does it just store fuel? Do I have to install it up above my rail or does it matter? I do not have an NXL kit so the instructions don't do me any good. I will install it between my fuel rail and the N20 feed line to the solenoid, will this be alright? Any other suggestions?
Thanks alot. If I had known a DP would be this big of a pain I would have just got another single nozze system.

Last edited by StupidFast; 08-17-2004 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why exactly do you have an accumulator if you don't have the NXL kit? Maybe share a little more information about your kit and we could help you out a little more.

To answer your question, yes the accumulator stores excess fuel until your fuel system has a drop in pressure, at that point the accumulator sends in the extra fuel so your fuel pressure doesn't drop but for just a split second.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I posted my problem last thursday. I have an 80000EFI kit. When it "hits" there is a half second delay, my fuel pressure drops from 60 to 30 psi. After the delay the system works fine. I called NX and they said that the accumulator would fix the problem. So I ordered it and it arrived.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

You can plumb it anywhere onto/near your fuel rails. The closer to the rail the better. When you install it, you want to first get it filled with fuel -- crack open the line with the pump on until you purge all the air out of the line, and get the top of the accum. itself filled with fuel. Then tighten up the lines. As the fuel system pressurizes, fuel will being to fill the accum. and move the spring-loaded piston down the bore. When you hit the nitrous, the sudden demand for fuel will be covered by the accum.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks alot, I just hope it fixs the problem. I guess the spring is rated for 50 psi?
Old 08-17-2004, 07:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

I asked when I got mine, but can't remember -- its actually rated much higher, since the piston area is quite a bit bigger than 1 sq. in.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by StupidFast
I posted my problem last thursday. I have an 80000EFI kit. When it "hits" there is a half second delay, my fuel pressure drops from 60 to 30 psi. After the delay the system works fine. I called NX and they said that the accumulator would fix the problem. So I ordered it and it arrived.
Do you have the rail upgrade or the dist. blocks?
Old 08-17-2004, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got the accumulator on and bled of air. Now the "hit" feels like there is air in the line and lasts for a split-second, ALOT better than it did before. The fuel pressure drops down to 45psi but, the A/F ratio goes from 12.8 directly to 10.5. No more 20.0 on the wideband, which is a serious improvement.
Of course I have 3 bottles and after all of this testing, I now do not have 1 that is full. I will have to fill the bottles tomorrow and see what the A/F goes to with a fresh bottle. I will change the pills and try to get the A/F up to 11.3ish.
I will update again with even better news I hope.
Thanks alot.