Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nxl Re-testing Complete

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That does look rich, but not too bad. I would consider that a safe tune for nitrous. Especially with that big of a shot. What happened to the A/F when you put in the 12 jets? It is really strange how 14 jets work on that car with the 38 nitrous jets and I have to run 14 fuel with 20 nitrous.

Also GVZ06, I believe your power loss came from the fact that you were running rich. If you had leaned the mixture back out, I almost guarantee you would have gotten your power back. The NX rails may just flow more fuel than the stock rails.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:42 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Nothing strange just what the car and dyno show. A 14 fuel jet with a 20 nitrous sounds more like a nozzle direct port then a NXL tune up. The reason we have such a large spred in the number is, the NXL injector will pull more full throu it. It cause a vaccum right under the injector.

Originally Posted by marlowchris
That does look rich, but not too bad. I would consider that a safe tune for nitrous. Especially with that big of a shot. What happened to the A/F when you put in the 12 jets? It is really strange how 14 jets work on that car with the 38 nitrous jets and I have to run 14 fuel with 20 nitrous.

Also GVZ06, I believe your power loss came from the fact that you were running rich. If you had leaned the mixture back out, I almost guarantee you would have gotten your power back. The NX rails may just flow more fuel than the stock rails.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ricky - Will NX offer to recall the kit, and offer us another kit that is proven to work such as the MAF kit?
Old 08-23-2004, 05:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BigPlanTransAm
so what would one have to do to get thier kit "up to par"? i have one of the first ones that came out, no accumulator, fragile fuel/N20 lines, and original jets. should i call NX directly or the sponsor i bought the kit from? i would love to run a dp instead of the wet shot i had to get when the NXL didnt work but im worried about how much money ill have to spend on top of what i paid for the kit.
PM Ricky.He is taking care of the guys that do not have the new kines jet pattern etc.
Dave
Old 08-23-2004, 06:04 PM
FormerVendor

Ok Im confused, How many people actually have a problem.And how many people are just jumping on a band wagon.I have received 1 PM From Mike (93LS1RX7) And a phone call from Chris Marlow.It looks like there are only 3 people actually having a problem at this time.Please correct me if im wrong.

93LS1RX7-Was not making track times that were expected.Has been sent new jet patterns and is going to try it.

Chris Marlow-Running Lean.Not making expected HP.Has recently upgraded fuel pump and has new jet pattern.Is sending in dyno logs to see if problem can be located.

MeanWS6-Running Either rich or Lean.Not making HP.

Mean Can you pm me your problems so I can study what you have going on?

These 3 guys seem to be the only ones that are actually having TUNING issues.All the other issues such as lines jetting brackets etc have been resolved.If you have not been helped on those PM Ricky so he can get you taken care of.

Guys dont get bent out of shape on this post Im just trying to see were we are at on this.

Mean send me some info.
Dave
Old 08-23-2004, 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've been working directly with Ricky, but I'll add my info. I'm running a built motor combo on a very conservative tune -- in car wideband reads ~12.8:1 on motor right now, ~10.8 on 26/14 jetting pattern. Recently my kit has developed a no-fuel condition, and I'm trying to do more research rather than just swapping out parts to figure out WHY its happening. I already traded off my stock rails, so I can't send these up to Ricky just yet Anyone got a set of stock rails laying around I can beg/borrow/steal/buy?
Old 08-23-2004, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

Rick just hooked me up with a sweet deal on the Accumulator fix! I will install it right when it gets here and let you guys know how she feels! Maybe this weekend instead of going to the track again I will go put her on the dyno Saturday morning and see what she can throw down on the 120 pills..... and maybe if I feel gutsy 180 pills!
Old 08-24-2004, 08:20 AM
10 Second Club

pms sent
Old 08-24-2004, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dave I pm'd you about this but Ricky is sending a 12 jet to me for the 180 shot. That isnt the shot I am running right now I am only running the 120shot so the new jets arent going to help me out. I may just make a trip to the dyno and see what kind of numbers I make but the track results lead me to believe something isnt right.

Mike
Old 08-24-2004, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are the 180's safe with a stock motor and a 255lph fuel pump? How about with a TREX cam added in there? I would like to try the 180's but I dont want her cooked either.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 93LS1RX7
Are the 180's safe with a stock motor and a 255lph fuel pump? How about with a TREX cam added in there? I would like to try the 180's but I dont want her cooked either.
If you have an in tank Walbro 340 or something equivalent you should be good up to 600RWHP. It's definately pushing it on a stock bottom, but as long as the tune is safe you should be ok.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:55 AM
FormerVendor

Hey guys Ricky just called me and asked me to make a post on his behalf.As of 2 am this morning his wife and him gave birth to alittle girl.He will be out of commision for a few days and will not be back on the board untill he gets caught up so if you do not receive a pm back from him please do not think he is dumping on you.He will be back as soon as they get settled back down.
Thanks for your understanding.
Dave
Old 08-24-2004, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Child schmild, we need our kits fixed!! HAHA JUST KIDDING I think we all can wait until he gets back it isnt life or death for these kits.

Congrats Ricky!
Old 08-24-2004, 12:43 PM
12 Second Truck Club

All I know is my NX N2O pressure gauge sure works good. lol
Old 08-24-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ricky,
Congrats on the new addition!
Old 08-24-2004, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Werd!! Congrats!!!
Old 08-24-2004, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dave, i didnt get my kit from you which is why i deleted my post in your problems thread.
i broke two of those dinky connectors at the end of the fuel/N20 lines and paid $80, yes EIGHTY dollars to get new ones from NX. then after replacing 4 torn o-rings from those sharp seats in the fuel rail where the injectors sit i finally got the kit on the car and took a drive when the fuel rail pops off and starts spewing gasoline onto my hot *** engine! ok, maybe i did something wrong so i check all the o-rings and re-install the fuel rail on the car, clean everything up and take it for another drive... after about 8 minutes the car starts sputtering and smoking again!
after the fuel rail popped off the second time i wasnt going to risk burning/blowing up my engine so i havent even had the chance to spray it and feel the huge lag or get the extreem lean spike. my kit was one of the first ones so i can only assume i have the bad jets too.
thats my problem and now it looks like im going to have to pay MORE money to get it fixed.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:51 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BigPlanTransAm
Dave, i didnt get my kit from you which is why i deleted my post in your problems thread.
i broke two of those dinky connectors at the end of the fuel/N20 lines and paid $80, yes EIGHTY dollars to get new ones from NX. then after replacing 4 torn o-rings from those sharp seats in the fuel rail where the injectors sit i finally got the kit on the car and took a drive when the fuel rail pops off and starts spewing gasoline onto my hot *** engine! ok, maybe i did something wrong so i check all the o-rings and re-install the fuel rail on the car, clean everything up and take it for another drive... after about 8 minutes the car starts sputtering and smoking again!
after the fuel rail popped off the second time i wasnt going to risk burning/blowing up my engine so i havent even had the chance to spray it and feel the huge lag or get the extreem lean spike. my kit was one of the first ones so i can only assume i have the bad jets too.
thats my problem and now it looks like im going to have to pay MORE money to get it fixed.
It doesnt matter if you bought your system from me or another vendor.Im here to help.Make sure you pm ricky for the new lines jest and brackets.Let me know if you need any help.This thread is for everyone.I am just trying to help you guys get back to the enjoy of nitrous..
Dave
Old 08-25-2004, 09:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool thing that Dave and Ricky are doing here.. Dave is helping people that are not his customers, and Ricky could have easily just ignored all of this.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Has NX answered a yes/no to our requests of a MAF kit? At this point, I just want my kit to perform safely and consistently. This has not been the case so far.

Quick Reply: Nxl Re-testing Complete