Old 08-25-2004, 11:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Greg whats wrong with your kit?
Dave
Old 08-25-2004, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Evidently my fuel noids are not working. NX says the pistons have swelled, but I have looked and they do not look like they have. I have also had the following problems...

o-rings cut due to no chamfering of orifices
rail popped off, fuel everywhere, tow bill

My main concern is the extreme lean condition. I have ran only 93 octane amaco, which is the 'best' around here. I never had problems with my TNT kit pistons swelling, and none of my friends do either.

Regardless, I will try the replacement pistons. But, I have little confidence in this kit. I just want to make some power, consistently and reliably at this point.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Greg Fell
Has NX answered a yes/no to our requests of a MAF kit? At this point, I just want my kit to perform safely and consistently. This has not been the case so far.
I just PM'ed NXRICKY regarding this, he is gone with his baby so it may be sometime before he responds. I will keep everyone updated. I have also been working via PM with Nitro Daves to troubleshoot the NXL kits problems. Its AWESOME that he is helping us so much with a manufactures issue

But ultimatly, NX will have to make the executive decision on how to handle it.

Just curious, How many of you would offer to trade in your NXL kit for credit towards another kit? Or what result (other than getting the kit to work) would you like the outcome to be?
Old 08-25-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would not settle for a MAF kit. I want to get this one working, if not I want to convert to a full direct port with stand alone fuel system. I know I can get that to work properly.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am with marlowchris, I would like to keep a direct port. I would be willing to buy a fast intake, and trade in my nxl for the direct port nx has for this. NX? Would you do this?
Old 08-25-2004, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

i like the nxl i just do not trust it
Old 08-25-2004, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Trust is all but gone.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Greg Fell
I am with marlowchris, I would like to keep a direct port. I would be willing to buy a fast intake, and trade in my nxl for the direct port nx has for this. NX? Would you do this?

I like this idea.

But right now I think my kit is working perfect! We will know tomorrow if the lag is killed and air fuel is good on spray. If so I might hit the track friday night and see what numbers I can pull. Im shooting for 120+ traps on the 120 pills with fully stock internal motor and all the bolt ons with no converter or underdrive pulley. If I can do this then I will be happy.

I will be more than happy if after a dyno tune and 180 pills I can run 125+ on a fully stock internal motor.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

are you going to the dyno, if so good luck
Old 08-25-2004, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Im going to try anyways. If not I will autotap it.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

just got the PM from NXRICKY, not going to do anything as far as exchange

I am going to take off the NXL and send it to NX for testing, they can keep it as far as I am concerned. They are going to continue to try to work out the bugs.

LESSON LEARNED
Old 08-25-2004, 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chrisrokc
Im going to try anyways. If not I will autotap it.
Without wideband dyno tuning, you are taking a big gamble with this kit. Get it on the dyno and post your findings. The HP/TQ along with the A/F curve will tell the story. It is too hard to know what is happening from trap speed alone. The kit might feel great and put down a good track run, but what if you are running 15.0 lean. Also Autotap is good for checking for KR, but the O2 readings are not reliable at WOT.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by MeanWS6
just got the PM from NXRICKY, not going to do anything as far as exchange

I am going to take off the NXL and send it to NX for testing, they can keep it as far as I am concerned. They are going to continue to try to work out the bugs.

LESSON LEARNED
Mean if you do not want me to test your kit please do not send it to me. As far as bugs go, I am working with each person one on one with there set up to try to find a problem. I still have not found any bugs with the kit.

Ricky
Old 08-25-2004, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

ricky - I said i am going to send it to you, like you asked in your PM. Hopefully it will help others out also when you see all of the problems with it
If you get it to work, great, I will put it back on.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by marlowchris
Without wideband dyno tuning, you are taking a big gamble with this kit. Get it on the dyno and post your findings. The HP/TQ along with the A/F curve will tell the story. It is too hard to know what is happening from trap speed alone. The kit might feel great and put down a good track run, but what if you are running 15.0 lean. Also Autotap is good for checking for KR, but the O2 readings are not reliable at WOT.
I got the EGT to tell if im running to lean.

But I will soon put her on a dyno for a dyno tuning.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by MeanWS6
ricky - I said i am going to send it to you, like you asked in your PM. Hopefully it will help others out also when you see all of the problems with it
If you get it to work, great, I will put it back on.
Great I will test it. I took your other post as " no matter what they find I do not want it back:. My bad. Hopefully I see something with your rails right off the get go. Guys I am running on 4 hours of sleep so I might jump before I look. Please be patient with me.
Ricky
Old 08-25-2004, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Great I will test it. I took your other post as " no matter what they find I do not want it back:. My bad. Hopefully I see something with your rails right off the get go. Guys I am running on 4 hours of sleep so I might jump before I look. Please be patient with me.
Ricky
Just wanted to say thanks Ricky for helping us out like you are. MUCH, much appreciated. I was wondering, if some how something (and I don't know what) was found to be a problem with the fuel rails/solenoids/wiring maybe a quick fix could be just to exchange the rails with the NX Pirhanna DP rails and solenoids? Just an idea in a "what if" scenario..... there may be nothing at all wrong with the rails, just throwing stuff out there.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by JF WS6
Just wanted to say thanks Ricky for helping us out like you are. MUCH, much appreciated. I was wondering, if some how something (and I don't know what) was found to be a problem with the fuel rails/solenoids/wiring maybe a quick fix could be just to exchange the rails with the NX Pirhanna DP rails and solenoids? Just an idea in a "what if" scenario..... there may be nothing at all wrong with the rails, just throwing stuff out there.
"what if's" are very dangerous area to talk about in a public layout. Let me say this. If a smoking gun is found either with "MY product" or My product on a certain combination; I will offer a solution to those people that have that problem. EXP. if your rails were not drilled properly then I would give you an option. If your computer programming, or injectors are found to be the problem I would still give you an option. I must find a problem to give an option. In my world more times than not when a problem is found it was a very simple fix or correction. I want everyone that uses my product to be happy with it. This is why I am here trying to find out why some have no problems at all and other do. With everyones input I will find the solution. I want to thank everyone who has PM'ed me and posted there inputs, it all helps.
Ricky
Old 08-26-2004, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn Ricky why do you guys make me sign for everything from UPS? HAHAHA JK

The replacement jets arrived at my house last night but I wasnt home so I will have them today. They are for the 180 shot but I am going to take the car to the dyno with the 120 shot to make sure everything is ok and it isnt a track variable or something causing the problem. Hell it may have been piston slap causing false knock retard that was causing the 4° of timing to be pulled hurting my times.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well correction to my last post my jets did NOT show up.

I got the UPS package today and opened it and there was a NX Tshirt in there but no jets. hahaha No big deal I called NX and talked to Josh and he is sending out the jets today. I just thought it was funny when I opened it looking for some jets and I get a Tshirt. I do appreciate the shirt though.

Quick Reply: Nxl Re-testing Complete