Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inputs needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 08:25 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Inputs needed

Would yall like me to put up NX tech tips on the board. Like one a week or something. I want to make sure all nitrous users have a good time. Also give yall a chance to agree, disagree about nitrous issues and teach me about the different engine car combos out there.
I would also like people to pm me with any problems they had using nitrous. I want to know everything that you might of had a problem with. The system you are using does not matter, this will give me a chance to evaluate and make our systems better, and more user friendly. Even if you thought the packaging sucked I still would like to know.
Just an idea.

Wha/cha think.

Ricky
Old 12-30-2004, 08:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Sounds like a great idea.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One sugestion I have is to maybe start a Gen-x3 kit with everything that the gen-x2 has plus a window switch, and maybe a blanket, just so you can order it all at once from the same supplier and it comes in a kit. Also to make all bottles come with the blow down tube fitting and burst disk standard. that and make nitrogen push systems nhra and ihra legal
Old 12-30-2004, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Would yall like me to put up NX tech tips on the board. Like one a week or something. I want to make sure all nitrous users have a good time. Also give yall a chance to agree, disagree about nitrous issues and teach me about the different engine car combos out there.
I would also like people to pm me with any problems they had using nitrous. I want to know everything that you might of had a problem with. The system you are using does not matter, this will give me a chance to evaluate and make our systems better, and more user friendly. Even if you thought the packaging sucked I still would like to know.
Just an idea.

Wha/cha think.

Ricky
That a pretty good idea Ricky! Hows that truck coming along? I asked Mike the other day, he said he didnt know but you werent driving it yet. I need to check it out.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:10 PM

Ok I will look into making a complete package deal and try to save people some coin ($$$). This kit no doubt will be more money at one time but I like it.
The second option mmmm standard. not sure on that one, but I can create a part number for a 10lb. bottle that the customer can order, then NX can install the disc and blow in house.
nhra and ihra are probably not going to legalize a pusher system. But our new 45' vavle does have a provision built in for a pusher system.
Good ideas lets keep them coming.
Ricky

Originally Posted by cyipher
One sugestion I have is to maybe start a Gen-x3 kit with everything that the gen-x2 has plus a window switch, and maybe a blanket, just so you can order it all at once from the same supplier and it comes in a kit. Also to make all bottles come with the blow down tube fitting and burst disk standard. that and make nitrogen push systems nhra and ihra legal
Old 12-30-2004, 10:13 PM

Truck project is coming along nicely, should be driving it within a month. All Depends on Chuckl at performance coatings.
Ricky

Originally Posted by Rob@ASMotorsports
That a pretty good idea Ricky! Hows that truck coming along? I asked Mike the other day, he said he didnt know but you werent driving it yet. I need to check it out.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

i think thats an awesome idea Ricky.i also like the idea of a complete "system"...that would be very smart.you guys also need some more "DETAILED" instructions.lol!keep up the good work.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:02 AM
TECH Veteran

How about a plug and play dual stage system with a good integral rpm switch to control everything. Could be two stage wet or whatever. I know it adds to the cost...but for the average car that is in these forum..and dual stage 100/100 would probably be as easy on the motor as a single 150 coming on at 3000 rpm. But many people are afraid of dual stages because they think its "for huge shots" only.

That or a better progressive rpm basec controller like the Crane controler.

Also you could look into developing a diffrent kind of valve that is more like a "mass flow controller" that doesnt pulse the noids but rather has a "proportional" valve that opens and closes on a 0-5 volt signal. Then make this so it interfaces with a tach signal. That way as RPM goes up...more nitrous flows...and the noids are not pulsed.

But yeah...your idea of a weekly tech topic is great!!! I love tech!!
Old 12-31-2004, 09:44 AM

Plug and play, I did read some bad post against another companies plug and play unit. We offer a dual stage kit with everything that is needed to make connections. I need to think on this one.

Now the progressive rpm based controller. I'm hurt lol. The maximizers is the most techincal progressive unit on the market. It always different ramps per each gear, o2 sencing safety, rpm protection, and so many other things I can not rememer.
I like the mass flow idea, a company tried it about 7 - 8 years ago and had trouble making it fly, but the technology back then was nothing like today's. It biggest draw back other than function at that time was cost.

Thank you for your input.
I am amazed no pms with problems
Ricky

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
How about a plug and play dual stage system with a good integral rpm switch to control everything. Could be two stage wet or whatever. I know it adds to the cost...but for the average car that is in these forum..and dual stage 100/100 would probably be as easy on the motor as a single 150 coming on at 3000 rpm. But many people are afraid of dual stages because they think its "for huge shots" only.

That or a better progressive rpm basec controller like the Crane controler.

Also you could look into developing a diffrent kind of valve that is more like a "mass flow controller" that doesnt pulse the noids but rather has a "proportional" valve that opens and closes on a 0-5 volt signal. Then make this so it interfaces with a tach signal. That way as RPM goes up...more nitrous flows...and the noids are not pulsed.

But yeah...your idea of a weekly tech topic is great!!! I love tech!!
Old 12-31-2004, 10:07 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the NX dig maximizer, I have no trouble with noids either. I wouls like to see a genx-3 also, a window switch would be great thing to add to the kit.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:08 AM

About this Gen3. What do yall think about the spark plugs being in there. Anyway just ran the numbers on a system,gen2,11107 opener,15945jacket,and 15963-pda maximizer.

Did I miss anything.

Ricky
Old 12-31-2004, 12:04 PM
12 Second Club

Ricky, I think that is a really good idea. I just bought a used NX wet kit and I know I will need some help with that. Also, do you have a link or something where I can get the install instructions for it? I looked on the site, but don't think I got the right ones.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ricky,

How about updating the NX window switch to the new digital style, they are so much better and, the best part-- no more RPM pills --
Old 12-31-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Ricky...I love the maximizer...I just about purchased one last month. I just didnt see anywhere in there that it had rpm based functions. I love the Maximizer if you are doing anything at the track or from a stop...obviously there is nothing better. The only thing I would like to see is somithing in the programing more rpm based. Like...grab any gear at any rpm..at any time and the nitrous flow will be proportional to rpm, time would have no effect. You could really lean on a motor IMO that way...especially in the higher rpms. Then you could skew the % per gear. If it had this one function I would be running it now.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:34 PM
8 Second Club

Im with 383 on the RPM based proggressive controller. I have worked in industrial facilities all my life mostly chemical and oil refineries. There are a number of proportional flow devices that should work for controlling the flow of nitrous. I just cant get used to the idea of pulsing the noids. I know it appears to work but it just doesnt appear to be stable. What about an injector controler that ran 2 or 3 fuel injectors that hooked into the maf end like the maf kit or in the manifold like a second set of injectors. That should atomize the fuel and add it incrementaly on an rpm basis. better yet have it fine tune the fuel off of a wideband? Ya I know James Bond big money stuff. I think people would spend more on something that would allow a true proggressive power output. look at what the other power adders cost (turbo, S/C) imagine direct port that would change the A/F with a controller in the car. turn the dial up or down the computer and wideband does the rest. no more changing 8 jets. or the 50+$ for each set of jets.

Last edited by koolrayz; 12-31-2004 at 05:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-31-2004, 07:30 PM

Thank you I really like hearing from people and there ideas. On our website home page there is an instruction booklet picture to the left. Click on that and it will take you to a complete line of instructions. From systems to accessories, all are PDF form.
Ricky

Ricky, I think that is a really good idea. I just bought a used NX wet kit and I know I will need some help with that. Also, do you have a link or something where I can get the install instructions for it? I looked on the site, but don't think I got the right ones.

formula87350
View Public Profile
Send a private message to formula87350
Send email to formula87350
Visit formula87350's homepage!
Find More Posts by formula87350
Add formula87350 to Your Buddy List

The window switch. Well NX does offer a digital one from MSD right now Nitro Dave seems to be the only one purchasing it. I am working on a complete new style that does several things. Release date is unknow.
Ricky

How about updating the NX window switch to the new digital style, they are so much better and, the best part-- no more RPM pills --
Old 12-31-2004, 07:47 PM

Funny you mention fine tuning off of wideband. We call it self tuning, and that is in the mix right now for the maximizer. Once available all you will have to do is down load the software no need to buy a new maximizer. tell what a/r you want to run at and the box will try. It is like the fuel managment system FJO has, you get it close to what you want tell it the a/r and push a button for self tuning. It right all the table from that point, pretty cool.

It is a long way off since we are having to figure out, duty cycle to flow ratios. 25% duty cycle does not mean 25% power.

Now the rpm base systems:
The main reason for any progressive controller is traction. And the most problems with traction is the launch. Going 60 and hitting it, not sure about traction being a problem. We will look at what it would take to make the current maximizer do both time or rpm from an rpm signal. As my programmer always says "hey it is just programming".

I can honestly say I do not think you will see a varible valve for a nitrous system. There are so many things that make the final flow different, it will take a lot of flow data,money, and trial and error to get that to market. I would like to see it.

Keep the ideas coming.
Thanks
Ricky

Originally Posted by koolrayz
Im with 383 on the RPM based proggressive controller. I have worked in industrial facilities all my life mostly chemical and oil refineries. There are a number of proportional flow devices that should work for controlling the flow of nitrous. I just cant get used to the idea of pulsing the noids. I know it appears to work but it just doesnt appear to be stable. What about an injector controler that ran 2 or 3 fuel injectors that hooked into the maf end like the maf kit or in the manifold like a second set of injectors. That should atomize the fuel and add it incrementaly on an rpm basis. better yet have it fine tune the fuel off of a wideband? Ya I know James Bond big money stuff. I think people would spend more on something that would allow a true proggressive power output. look at what the other power adders cost (turbo, S/C) imagine direct port that would change the A/F with a controller in the car. turn the dial up or down the computer and wideband does the rest. no more changing 8 jets. or the 50+$ for each set of jets.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

great ideas boys.i like the maximizer updates,LOL.i would buy it if it did that much.
Old 01-01-2005, 02:06 AM
12 Second Truck Club

my biggest complaint about the maximizer is the lack of transmission input, it has RPM input and Wideband or Narrowband input, but no trans. the way it calculates shifts is only useful if you're at the track or starting from a stand still. if it had tranny inputs you could program the flow rate for each gear and it would work no matter what gear you were in when you armed the system. i talked to FJO about it and they said they had no plans to do anything like this, maybe you could talk them into it Ricky.

happy new year
Old 01-01-2005, 09:13 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXRICKY

Now the rpm base systems:
The main reason for any progressive controller is traction. And the most problems with traction is the launch. Going 60 and hitting it, not sure about traction being a problem.
For me the main reason to buy a progressive system is to maintain a smooth power level. The only way to reliable do that that I can see is with rpm. althogh I do admit that the snow MAF based alcohol system is very interesting.
A linear rpm based progressive system would allow the initial torque spike to the limits of the bottom end and traction. It would then progress at the torque limit of the bottom end. This would allow much higher horepower while still staying within the boundries of the bottom end. technicaly if you can perfectly log the time spent in each gear. then look at the time at each rpm in each gear you would be able to apply the nitrous in an even manner but you would have to go through that every time you changed jets or made any mods that effect your ET.

To explain what I want it to do in an other way lets look at exactly how nitrous works. It increases the amount of oxygen as a percentage and the density of the charge to the mix allowing more fuel to be burnt. The engine pulls X volume of air in with each revolution of the motor. By adding a specific amount of nitrous that is in direct relation to the amount of outside air you can tailer the power to the motor. Maybe MAF based controll is the answer?

In addition I would really like to see a system that pulsed auxillary fuel injectors not noids and jets. ideally this would be 8 injectors on the manifold direct port style. in a less perfect world it would be 2 apposing injectors in front of the TB. The automanufactures left fuel jets to the wayside along time ago its time we did to.

Quick Reply: Inputs needed