Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TNT 150 gave me alot more..:)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 12:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TNT 150 gave me alot more..:)

dyno'd my car this past weekend...heres the numbers.

n/a...393rwhp 380rwtq

tnt 150shot....582rwhp 595rwtq on stock heads and 224 cam.

thats 189rwhp and 215rwtq from a 150 shot

Last edited by TWINTURBORAMAIR; 04-01-2005 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DAMN! Something I always wondered, if the F2 kit has bigger solenoids and lines, does it hit harder and/or make more power then the F1 at the same level (150 shot for example)?
Old 04-01-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Resident

what size are the tnt n2o jets? kick *** #'s
Old 04-01-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Resident

I dont understand what is so good about being over what the jets are rated at? You used 150 shot jets because that was what you wanted and got more, but if you wanted more why dont you just go with bigger jets? Either way you are spraying 37 extra RWH of nitrous into your engine. Any ways glad to see it is working well for ya, I love my little 100 shot, but it seems like you get used to it after a while and want more
Old 04-01-2005, 01:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by OrlandoFL4.8
I dont understand what is so good about being over what the jets are rated at? You used 150 shot jets because that was what you wanted and got more, but if you wanted more why dont you just go with bigger jets? Either way you are spraying 37 extra RWH of nitrous into your engine. Any ways glad to see it is working well for ya, I love my little 100 shot, but it seems like you get used to it after a while and want more
I hear ya about the extra hp and just being able to jet up. What I would really like to know (and I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone) is if the TNT kits make more power because they are actually spraying MORE nitrous into the engine, or does it have to do with the design of the kit (specially designed solenoids or jets or something)? Because for example, in the case above, those are some great gains, BUT the engine might be receiving a ~200 shot worth of nitrous (and stress). Not flaming intended (I'm a TNT user myself and I love them), I am just really curious to know.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back when i had my TNT wet kit, there was a HUGE discussion/thread about it on this board. It was RIGHT when the board was first started up. May check into a search although it could take awhile. I remember the argument, but forgot specifics on it so I don't speculate

Chris
Old 04-01-2005, 02:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by OrlandoFL4.8
I dont understand what is so good about being over what the jets are rated at? You used 150 shot jets because that was what you wanted and got more, but if you wanted more why dont you just go with bigger jets?
What is so good about being over what the jets are rated at is that some kits are more effecient than others. Usually it is a mixture of parts and overall design.

Why go with bigger jets and spray more N20 if you don't have to? If you can make more power because the fuel and N20 atomize better then why not do so rather that upping the jet size? Cheers !!!

Jim C.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Ummmmm...

What was your bottle pressure at with regard to what the jets were rated at. I can get a huge amount more from a jet rated at 150 @ 900lbs by upping the bottle pressure to 1200lbs.

Jets are just holes... Pressure determines flow.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Turo
What I would really like to know (and I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone) is if the TNT kits make more power because they are actually spraying MORE nitrous into the engine, or does it have to do with the design of the kit (specially designed solenoids or jets or something)? Because for example, in the case above, those are some great gains, BUT the engine might be receiving a ~200 shot worth of nitrous (and stress). Not flaming intended (I'm a TNT user myself and I love them), I am just really curious to know.
One would have to flow rate several different kits to actually answer that question acurately. I tend to believe that it is more of a matter of atomization and effeciency more so that simply more N2O. That is not to say this could not be the case but one must keep in mind that N2O technology has made improvements by leaps and bounds in atomization and overall effeciency and as such one has the potential to make more power depending on the volumetric effeciency of the motor itself (As well as other issue like camshaft design; etc.). Hope this helps. Cheers !!!

Jim C.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Homeslice (tm)
Ummmmm...

What was your bottle pressure at with regard to what the jets were rated at. I can get a huge amount more from a jet rated at 150 @ 900lbs by upping the bottle pressure to 1200lbs.

Jets are just holes... Pressure determines flow.
This is also true but can be hazardous as it can lead to locking up the solonoids. What I am saying is that I have seen smaller solonoids lock up (would not open) with too much line pressure against them. Cheers !!!

Jim C.

PS- Allot of N2O questions can be answered by digging around the Pro-Mod, NSCA, PSCA (and the like) sites. The N2O users there are usually on the leading edge of N2O technology.

Continuous Pressure will optimize flow.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:20 PM
11 Second Club

jets are #25 for fuel and #42 for nitrous.

i dont know if the noids are any bigger but the feed line defenitly is.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:51 PM
11 Second Club

my bottle pressure on the first run was around 870ish psi...had the heater on for awile but couldnt get her up to 900 psi in time for it was my turn on the dyno...so i went with it anyway. my second run, bottle pressure dropped to about 820 or so and it showed...only got 539 on the second hit. and its not like my bottle was overfilled an extra lb so it got a nice boost, it was actually 1 lb low. bottle kept getting hot when we were filling it so i left it 1lb short.

i allways wondered the same thing about the extra power gains, if they're actually havin you jetted for a 200 shot and tell you its a 150...i dunno...the world may never know...but im pretty damn happy with my numbers.

Thanx for the kinda words fellas!!
Old 04-01-2005, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Big Geek
This is also true but can be hazardous as it can lead to locking up the solonoids. What I am saying is that I have seen smaller solonoids lock up (would not open) with too much line pressure against them. Cheers !!!

Jim C.

PS- Allot of N2O questions can be answered by digging around the Pro-Mod, NSCA, PSCA (and the like) sites. The N2O users there are usually on the leading edge of N2O technology.

Continuous Pressure will optimize flow.
I guess the little ones might lock under extreme pressure. I have an NOS Cheater solenoid and haven't ever exerienced it locking up although I've seen some itty bity teeny weeny ones that looked like I'd break them tighening the fittings lol.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the extra gains are from a little of both. A more effecient kit and some extra nitrous on top of it gives it a nice number over everyone else. And FWIW I've had my old powershot solenoids lock at ~1900 psi before. They finally started opening around 1400 psi. I just assumed it was pressure related but never really knew for sure.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:01 PM
12 Second Truck Club

those are some sweet numbers! congrats.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Generaly, TNT is underated, NX is right on and NOS is overated. Imo, they do this because, TNT likes to be known as the most powerful, NX is quality based and says what it is and NOS has a tendency to be overly safe. But for the most part, all three if sending the same n2o with same a/f will make the same gains. N2o noids are designed to work at greater pressures than we see, the real problem is dirt/moisture and a bigger noid has a better chance of overcoming additional resistance upon opening. I have left pressure on noids for months at a time. The only time I had a problem was due to contaminates, now I am not saying that a noid can't just go bad because they do, but not that often.

Nice gains on the giggle gas.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

How is that good? If you wanted 190rwhp you should jetted it with the intentions of getting 190rwhp. I hate TNT's pill-n-pray philosophy.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey twinturboramair. When you got those numbers, what were your stats: spark*, O2 mv, bottle pressure, gas octane?
Old 04-02-2005, 02:06 AM
11 Second Club

Damn impressive numbers Rick, congrats. Im also curious on the whole issue of wether or not its just spraying more n2o.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Magic Chicken
those are some sweet numbers! congrats.
agreed, esp those n/a numbers with a 224 cam! Awesome