Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TNT dyno challenge

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 03:28 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert56
N2o jet/ratio=Fuel jet, I have more info on the math if you want. This comparison was for the 150hp kits. So, a .062 n2o jet divided by .033 fuel jet equals 1.878787879 or 1.88, this is NX (jets changed?). Or, .065 n2o jet/.035 fuel = 1.857142857 or 1.86 for TNT.
Robert no disrespect but your math does not fit the nitrous world.(and my math is just fine thank you for your help thou. )
You are looking at hole size, not lbs it flows. I got it. not relvent. Also doubling the hole size adds more than double flow. You need to look at lbs flowed.

So lets see if I use a .062 nitrous (489.6 lbs per hour) to the .033 fuel (81.29lbs per hour@60psi) the ratio of square inches between these two are 3.529843893 and that is just dealing with the size only. Again we must look at the flow, ( lbs per hour) ( 489.6/81.29=6.02 A little aggressive but nice. )
The numbers on all mfg jets are just that numbers to help the customer put the combination together to make X horsepower. That is why we do not like when people mix and max jets. Does it work? it can work but not on all jet combos. Is it right? no, because a problem can happen but that little piece of information is always left out during the tec call.

So back to the jet .062 to a .065 .065 larger jet. Same as the .033 to .035.
I guess people are wondering why does one company use smaller jets and make the power?

Ricky
Old 05-25-2005, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So when does the shootout begine? I have a TNT but would still like to see this test. Test out jets from both kits on both kits to see if they make the same HP to see if both jets from the kits flow the same and make the same HP with opposite jets.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So your saying, a comparitive ratio of n2o/fuel jets means nothing? If you say it means nothing in the nitrous world, I'll take your word for it, but thought I found something interesting. No disrespect takin.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:38 PM
10 Second Club

So your saying, a comparitive ratio of n2o/fuel jets means nothing? If you say it means nothing in the nitrous world, I'll take your word for it, but thought I found something interesting. No disrespect takin.
I'm just saying if one makes more power than the other than you can't blame it on the jets if there using the same ones, then that would mean that one is designed better.Bottom line is power,installtion,quality
Old 05-25-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Well...the real way to test a kit would be to test flow over time. That will take into acct all aspects of the kit not just jet orifice size. In addition to how much HP each kit makes I would like to know how much each kit flows fuel/nitrous over a timed period. Then I would like to know the limit of max flow from both fuel side and nitrous side to the point where increasing jet size makes no difference and see what size that is.

I think you would find that the HP figures match the actual flow not necessarily jet size. The only place I see this helping would be a race class where only one power adder is allowed and those running nitrous are restricted to one stage with a specific max jet size. But there are tricks to do for that even with the best kits out there.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:53 PM

Hey Robert I am saying that for each company it means everthing, but to compare this jet to that jet without knowing the flow is another story. Exp. If one company has to use a larger fuel jet to make the power as another companies fuel jet then there flow rates are not the same per jet size. That sall. Does that make one better then the other if both got to the power level, Better no, more effecient yes. Same goes for the nitrous side. The benifit is a larger room for more power later in life.
Ricky
Old 05-25-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the cars, dyno and will donate the time and even provide other nitrous kits to make this a larger test.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Hey Robert I am saying that for each company it means everthing, but to compare this jet to that jet without knowing the flow is another story. Exp. If one company has to use a larger fuel jet to make the power as another companies fuel jet then there flow rates are not the same per jet size. That sall. Does that make one better then the other if both got to the power level, Better no, more effecient yes. Same goes for the nitrous side. The benifit is a larger room for more power later in life.
Ricky
Oh, I get your point.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:32 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BTL FED
This who's kit makes more power I never understood

If I run a NX kit with 100 horse pills and it makes 100 horse, then it is jetted at 100rwhp, correct?

If I run a TNT kit with 100 horse pills and it makes 125 horse, then it is jetted at 125rwhp, correct?

There are only a couple ways to make more power with a nitrous kit:
1. More Nitrous and More Fuel
2. Leaner A/F ratio, Lean is mean but can hurt parts

So if 2 kits are jetted both at 100 horse, and one is making 25 more horsepower than another on the same car, then the kit making more power is either flowing more nitrous into the motor, or running a leaner a/f ratio.
I spent 7 hours on a dyno dialing in my tune and three hours of that time was on my nitrous jetting and never once did I go by any manufacturers "suggested" jets. We played until we had the desired HP and best A/F ratio. Ended up with 2 jets that aren't in any HP listing but went from 526 w/out the juice to 654 RWHP with, so I guess I'm running 128 HP jets.
To me the test I would more like to see is who's noids fail quicker or more often, I can make any HP I want but a failed noid is going to ruin my day, so prove who's got the best noids and I'd be on them in a heartbeat
Old 05-27-2005, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think the whole shbang should be tested. HP/TQ appearence,ease of use and install,etc.. And why doesnt each company test all their nozzles that are relivent!
Old 05-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
I am not speaking for NX here.....I would personally like to see a VIABLE test performed with the various nitrous company's products. BUT (there is always a but isn't there,lol), I don't think what you are proposing is a viable test. Basically you want to compare the various company's nozzles. To me that proves nothing since every company has their own solenoids, bottle valves, etc. Some companies use very high quality products that will definately out flow other companies products. So I personally would propose comparing entire systems, instead of just nozzles.

Again, these are my opinions and not those of NX

Keep the shiny side up....

Jeremy,,,you back with NX again?
Old 05-27-2005, 10:31 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by stangsteve
Jeremy,,,you back with NX again?
Yea, I've been back for a couple of months now. I took a break for a while, but just can't seem to stay away from this place. It's all good though.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:44 AM
12 Second Truck Club

If you all do this test, I'd also like to see dry vs dry and wet vs wet. Also, get the whole thing on video.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:36 AM
Restricted User

By reading this .....We have made the offer to compare the difference using the same bottle, feed line, solenoids and even the same jetting with "other" nitrous companies.. Sounds to me like all you want to chage is the nozzle and jets. But I think what you meant to say is keeping it relative, each kit using their -4 line, etc?

Ok, I said this two years ago and will say it again. TNT does not make anymore power then CFN, NX, NOS, Edlebrock, or anyone else. Its horseshit to say that. If you want to test the **** out, try using a super small pair of jets, drill them out to 1.8lb ratio N:F as stated above with Roberts math, and plug said jets into each system. It is simple to anyone messing with the different jets the assumed standard is not just that, a standard. Jetting to most people is the size, in drill bit numeric...but its not. Its a # as stated to let the user say ok this one and that one make XXX. If you use a standard orifice diameter and test the makers Noids, lines, fittings, valves, and nozzle cool. I would think you could suffice and use anyones -4 feed, and noid to/from lines, and only swap out noids and nozzles. I have a collection of jets here, NOS, TNT and NX, and using a drill to check the orifice one's #50 is not the same as others!
Old 05-28-2005, 07:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Magic Chicken
If you all do this test, I'd also like to see dry vs dry and wet vs wet. Also, get the whole thing on video.
I'm going to be doing that soon. I'm switching to a dry 1st stage with a wet 2nd stage & I plan on dynoing with each one seperate to see how they act with the same HP jetting. Then I'll dyno with both stages . It's gonna be about 2 month's before I get it all setup though. I will post results with dry vs wet on my car.

Just gotta get my new motor built first.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Robert no disrespect but your math does not fit the nitrous world.(and my math is just fine thank you for your help thou. )
You are looking at hole size, not lbs it flows. I got it. not relvent. Also doubling the hole size adds more than double flow. You need to look at lbs flowed.

So lets see if I use a .062 nitrous (489.6 lbs per hour) to the .033 fuel (81.29lbs per hour@60psi) the ratio of square inches between these two are 3.529843893 and that is just dealing with the size only. Again we must look at the flow, ( lbs per hour) ( 489.6/81.29=6.02 A little aggressive but nice. )
The numbers on all mfg jets are just that numbers to help the customer put the combination together to make X horsepower. That is why we do not like when people mix and max jets. Does it work? it can work but not on all jet combos. Is it right? no, because a problem can happen but that little piece of information is always left out during the tec call.

So back to the jet .062 to a .065 .065 larger jet. Same as the .033 to .035.
I guess people are wondering why does one company use smaller jets and make the power?

Ricky
Just curious Ricky since you are comparing jetting, are your kits jetting set at 900psi or 1050psi? So is NX accepting this challenge? The customer responce so far has been favorable to this idea, and if so lets get some other manuf involved here..
Old 06-01-2005, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Just curious Ricky since you are comparing jetting, are your kits jetting set at 900psi or 1050psi? So is NX accepting this challenge? The customer responce so far has been favorable to this idea, and if so lets get some other manuf involved here..
All base test and flow data is at 1050 psi. I thought you knew that. Yea customer really want to see. I am still curious at what they will see or what they are wantinmg to see?
interesting.
Ricky
Old 06-01-2005, 03:54 PM
12 Second Truck Club

All I know is regardless of the results of this challenge, my business will remain with NX because of the support I've received from Ricky and the others that I have talked to when calling NX for help.

Old 06-01-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

All base test and flow data is at 1050 psi. I thought you knew that. Yea customer really want to see. I am still curious at what they will see or what they are wantinmg to see?
interesting.
Ricky
Well I was just curious as to the whole, we use a sq area of a .065 jet for 150hp @900psi to your .062 jet for 150hp @1050.. U do use a smaller jet but are you saying that the nitrous flow is dramatically less than our jetting @900psi?? Hp is a setting of course based on the amount of nitrous that is put in the motor but the tq #'s are a different story.. The tq would be the ablility to deliver the fuel efficiently via nozzle design, do you disagree with that opinion??
Old 06-01-2005, 04:28 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

get a motor, a dyno, and a big bottle, lets go dyno racin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!