Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the line have to be under the car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does the line have to be under the car?

I'm getting ready to install my 5177 kit next week thats why I'm asking alot of questions. I wanted to know if I will get away with running it under the carpet and through the firewall near the batt. (c5), Or will a track tech notice and not let me run? I would be hidden very well and I have seen it in other vette's like this. Let me know?
-Steve-
Old 06-24-2005, 08:34 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I have mine running through the passenger compartment and thru the firewall, track hasn't said anything, but I don't think they've noticed. They just check to make sure my blow down tube is securely fastened to my bottle and it actually goes thru the floorboard.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Junkie

My track made me run mine outside the car.....after 2 years of running it inside the car. Others have had no problems though.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ran mine along side the passenger seat underneath the carpet.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

anyone get away with no blow-down? or having one that dont really go through the floorboard, i dont wanna cut anything on the vette ........ were is a good place to mount a 15lb bottle and where to put the blow-down tube?
Old 06-24-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

you can for the first run. they ask you if you have nitrous tell them no but when you run a decent time they will call you to re-tech. If you don't you'll wait in line and they'll make you go tech or they won't let you run.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Insanekamel
anyone get away with no blow-down? or having one that dont really go through the floorboard, i dont wanna cut anything on the vette ........ were is a good place to mount a 15lb bottle and where to put the blow-down tube?

not in a vette you don't lol
Old 06-24-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

Working on a 15lb bottle mount right now. I'll have pics in a day or so
Old 06-24-2005, 10:31 PM
Administrator

To this day I've never run a a blow down tube. I have one in the garage though. It'll probably stay there too. Some tracks won't let you run without one though. My last trip they made me pull the bottle out of the car before teching in...I put it right back after I tech'd in.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not to hijack the thread but....

if you don't want your blowdown tube, i might take it off ya
Old 06-25-2005, 01:33 AM
Staging Lane

I ran my line through the passenger compartment. I also think I saw somebody quote the NHRA rulebook on this site and it did not state that the line had to be outside the car. I could be mistaken though.
I do not have the blowdown tube installed, but that is because I filled the bottle before remembering the blowdown tube. I know a 10lb bottle fits in the middle compartment, not sure about a 15lb bottle though. Remember to cover up the line when you snake it throught the grommet; you do not want to rip any of those wires up that are bundled together. I used a piece of rubber hose. Sliced it open down one side(the fitting was to big to slip through the hose). Capped the fitting with a vacuum cap that you find in auto parts stores. Slid the hose(rubber) around the hose(nitrous) and snaked it throught the grommet. Then you can pull the hose through without chaffing the wire. I am sure there are other ways, but this is what worked for me.

P.S. leave the rubber hose in the grommet to protect wires from the nitrous line. Or you could rap the line with tape,etc...
Old 06-25-2005, 06:18 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ramairstyle00
not to hijack the thread but....

if you don't want your blowdown tube, i might take it off ya
It was only $20...not really worth the hassle of shipping.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by unit213
To this day I've never run a a blow down tube. I have one in the garage though. It'll probably stay there too. Some tracks won't let you run without one though. My last trip they made me pull the bottle out of the car before teching in...I put it right back after I tech'd in.
Was this at Milan? I havn't installed my kit yet but last time I went to Milan the tech asked if I had nitrous and I said no cause I did not if I say yes what do they do and if I have it on and say no can I get into trouble with the track?