Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed from 75 shot jets to 100......now nothing!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Changed from 75 shot jets to 100......now nothing!

I got my NOS 5177 system up and running with the 75 shot jets installed.....worked great.

So.....last night I figure it's time to up it to the 100 shot jets. I perform the simple jet swap.....and leave it overnight.

Today on my way into work I try it......and NOTHING!

I haven't had time to troubleshoot it other than to check the purge (yep....there's nitrous) and verify the WOT switch under the pedal is working (at least I can hear it click at WOT). And the light on the master power switch comes on.....so there's power.

Obviously I'll check into it more in detail tonight when I get home......but I was just wondering if anyone has ever experienced anything like this???

I find it hard to believe that changing the jets has anything to do with this.....but it was literally working one moment (75 shot) and not the next (100 shot).......

Also......I'm a little concerned with the way the nozzles point away from the MAF in the Vararam.....can anybody verify that's ok?

Sorry for the dumb question......but I'm a

Car is '99 vette.....window switch is NOT installed YET. Pretty basic NOS 5177 install......
Old 07-01-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow that's weird...hope u figure it out.

maybe the jet is clogged???? I'm a nitrous too

good luck!
Old 07-01-2005, 12:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You mean something like this, first pic is my current set-up, second pic is my first set-up. A buddy has his nozzles even farther away from maf but same place as mine (I have quads know he has duals). Dry nozzle locating is very forgiving. I would look at mech failure: noid, fuse, fpss, relay, wiring. Or maybe a clogged filter (screen in fitting on 5177). You sure bottle was open, as I have done that more than once.

Old 07-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Robert.......I was hoping you would reply. I went by your pictures when I mounted my nozzles in my vararam.....

Here's what mine looks like......

And yeah......I'm sure my bottle was open......it was purging just fine.....and I shut it off when I got in to work. I'll check all the electrical when I get home tonight. I'm just a little bummed I didn't get to feel what a 100 shot feels like today........
Old 07-01-2005, 01:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend has his even a couple inches closer to the filter than yours and it works fine. He kocked off a base run 12.6 or 7, then a 11.48 with a 93rwhp hit.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Robert56
My friend has his even a couple inches closer to the filter than yours and it works fine. He kocked off a base run 12.6 or 7, then a 11.48 with a 93rwhp hit.
Well hot damn! Those times would be fine by me!!!

What else does he have? I've got 4.10's and LT's to go with the vararam......I would think I might be close to that....maybe a little slower.....but same ballpark??????

I eventually want to bump it up to a 125 shot......but I need to get my injectors in and a tune first.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it is purging then it is making it all the way up to the 2 noids. It would seem it is either your noid ground(s) or you relay fuse. Are you using a window switch.....if so check its ground to the micro switch and the chasis. Double check the position of the microswitch so that you know it is being tripped. I can feel mine through the gas pedal....but I drive a F-Body.....your vett is a survo controled TB correct?
Old 07-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by red fury
If it is purging then it is making it all the way up to the 2 noids. It would seem it is either your noid ground(s) or you relay fuse. Are you using a window switch.....if so check its ground to the micro switch and the chasis. Double check the position of the microswitch so that you know it is being tripped. I can feel mine through the gas pedal....but I drive a F-Body.....your vett is a survo controled TB correct?
No window switch (yet).....and I can hear the WOT switch mounted below the gas pedal click.....so I know it is mechanically functioning. The relay fuse "looks" good too. I guess I'll just have to troubleshoot it electrically tonight when I get home......
Old 07-02-2005, 11:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

any luck?
Old 07-03-2005, 04:34 AM
Launching!

Problem is you should have skipped the 75 and 100 jets and started with 150 nothing less.