Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

zex vs. NX....

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zex vs. NX....

anyone had experience with Zex? i've seen it work well on a lot of 4 cyl. cars, and they have a kit for the LS1... any thoughts?
i have basic mods and will probably add a cam at some point...
Old 07-20-2005, 05:58 PM
11 Second Club

NX all the way.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by terminaltsi
anyone had experience with Zex? i've seen it work well on a lot of 4 cyl. cars, and they have a kit for the LS1... any thoughts?
I second that, NX..
Old 07-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by David@TNT
I second that, NX..
reasons why?

i like to have as much factual info as possible before i buy something so i don't have to buy it again later....

thanks guys.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

Quality of hardware and Nx is very well known and has much more experince in nitrous.Id look into the MAF kit from NX call Dave a nitrous outlet he will hook you up.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do a search in this section. Many people have asked the same question before. There is a ton of info on both companies.

Old 07-20-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's seems that you may be new to the LS1 crowd. If so, I would recommend getting bolt-on parts before you get nitrous. Lid, catback, underdrive crank pulley, headers, etc. Then look into nitrous.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:05 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

NX all the way here, suprise there. Lifetime warratnty on solenoids, 1 year on electrical parts. My self and my co workers, visit this site on a regular basis to answer questions, even if its someone else product we try to help. You can email me directly if you have any issues with our products.
Ricky
Old 07-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by setxws6
It's seems that you may be new to the LS1 crowd. If so, I would recommend getting bolt-on parts before you get nitrous. Lid, catback, underdrive crank pulley, headers, etc. Then look into nitrous.
i should have been more clear, i already have all that stuff, just looking for the next big purchase...
i've been reading and it does seem that most people do prefer the NX, but besides the warranty, i'm trying to see what the actual advantage is.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the ZEX is a verygood system for small nitrous shots (under 150hp). But that purple color does not match my RED car. So I purchased the NX system with optional black bottle and black insulated bottle jacket that matches my black interior.

But I would also like to add. "ZEX Nitrous Systems have an advanced, patented feature called "Active Fuel Control". This feature monitors nitrous bottle pressure and adds or subtracts enrichment fuel so the engine never runs too rich, or too lean, when you engage the nitrous system".

The ZEX nitrous nozzle with "fuel shear" technology looks very interesting also.

Nitrous Outlet sells ZEX.

Last edited by gollum; 07-20-2005 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i should have been more clear, i already have all that stuff, just looking for the next big purchase...
i've been reading and it does seem that most people do prefer the NX, but besides the warranty, i'm trying to see what the actual advantage is.
Just guessing, Larger nitrous shots.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Whoops, sorry. Didn't see any mods in your sig. I would recommend TNT. Haven't used NX other than there bottle heater, but they look like they're top notch like TNT. Go with either.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gollum
I think the ZEX is a verygood system for small nitrous shots (under 150hp). But that purple color does not match my RED car. So I purchased the NX system with optional black bottle and black insulated bottle jacket that matches my black interior.

But I would also like to add. "ZEX Nitrous Systems have an advanced, patented feature called "Active Fuel Control". This feature monitors nitrous bottle pressure and adds or subtracts enrichment fuel so the engine never runs too rich, or too lean, when you engage the nitrous system".

The ZEX nitrous nozzle with "fuel shear" technology looks very interesting also.

Nitrous Outlet sells ZEX.
in my case that would be fine because i'm looking for about a 100 shot since i'm not interested in beating things up TOO badly and would like the car to last a while without having to fix anything. that's what my other cars are for!
Old 07-21-2005, 04:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by setxws6
Whoops, sorry. Didn't see any mods in your sig. I would recommend TNT. Haven't used NX other than there bottle heater, but they look like they're top notch like TNT. Go with either.
that's cool! yes, i've heard that TNT is excellent as well....
Old 07-21-2005, 09:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I personlay prefer the NX for these reasons.
1.Lifetime warrenty on the solenoids.
2.The free flow purge desighn on the solenoids,pluss there better made.
3.NX is rated at the rear wheel and will produce better track times.
4.The system is complete and well thought out from the 75 page detailed instruction sheet to the nozzle nut.
5.The customers service from NX is better than anyother nitrous company on the market.

The Zex kit is a good kit so dont get me wrong.We sell Zex also.
The zex kit is rated at the fly but in order to make more HP all you need is a jet change.There systems are great for the begginer and come all in one box.Makes for a simple install.
Dave
Old 07-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Teching In

I dont own an LS1 (pending bank approval tomorrow I might retract that statement), but I have been running a Zex kit for almost 4 years now on my 95 T-Bird 4.6L V8. I haven't had a single bad experience (except bottoming out and ripping the line last year) and like the fact it has the control box to keep things in order. Also like having it being controlled via TPS so I dont shoot at too low of an rpm and damage anything.

I know it is a response from a Ford guy (grew up GM and have owned a few too), but that is my $0.02.

Edit: The nitrous has been jetted at a 125 shot for about 3 years.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Teching In

good info, thanks guys. i'm leaning towards the zex right now because it does seem to be easier to install and use. now don't get me wrong, i can install anything, but i'm at a point in my life where i don't want to mess with anytyhing more complicated than it has to be and the zex seems to be easier. i realize that nx is probalby the most reliable, but i'm willing to go with something easier and neater. also, i'm not looking for the "most" power or the "fastest" times; someone is always faster and makes more power, rather i'm interested in fun to drive, ease of use and the ability to smoke mustang cobras at will!
Old 07-22-2005, 03:12 AM
TECH Resident

i bought the zex direct port because i also bought the fast 90mm intake and their both made(owned) by the same company and directly desighned for each other.

i asked this question a couple times in a couple diferent places and it pretty much comes down to; unless you care about warrentys the NX kit is a more popular name brand to the f-body crowd.

Quick Reply: zex vs. NX....