Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock fuel pump with cam and 75 shot?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 04:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock fuel pump with cam and 75 shot?

im getting my dyno tune soon.. the 10 bolt is doing fine for the cam only, but ill prolly only do a 75 shot anyways becuase i dont think it will handle much more.. do i really need to go thru the trouble of pulling the rearend out again to install a pump or will i be fine for now and can i just upgrade the pump when i go to a 12 bolt.. then i will be spraying loads more lol

had a 150 rwhp tnt shot on the car with the stock pump before the cam.. did aight i beleive
Old 08-14-2005, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1_PNYTAMR
im getting my dyno tune soon.. the 10 bolt is doing fine for the cam only, but ill prolly only do a 75 shot anyways becuase i dont think it will handle much more.. do i really need to go thru the trouble of pulling the rearend out again to install a pump or will i be fine for now and can i just upgrade the pump when i go to a 12 bolt.. then i will be spraying loads more lol

had a 150 rwhp tnt shot on the car with the stock pump before the cam.. did aight i beleive
You should probably upgrade the fuel pump just to be on the safe side. I have a minor bolt on car w/ cam that I'm in the process of putting a TNT F1 kit on and I upgraded the fuel pump. I know some people don't like it, but I used the access panel method of putting the fuel pump in and it was really easy. No dropping the exhaust, fuel tank, or rear end, plus if you ever need to get in there again, it's there. I went with the Racetronixs and it works great.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:07 AM
Import Patrol

with a 75 shot I would not worry about upgrading the pump, if you go over a 100, I would def upgrade the pump. I was lazy and did want to go thr all the bs of dropping the tank to do the pump, i have done alot of pumps by dropping the tank and I am personally sick and tired of doing them. So i cut me a access hole on the rear deck of my ta. When I was dont installing the pump, (took all of 1/2 hr thats including cutting the access hole) and put a cover over it, and flipped the carpet back over it, you could never tell, that I cut the hole out of it.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm running cam, heads, ext., and a 100 dry shot on the stock fuel pump, not had any problems so far. Already have a replacement though a Walbro 255 lph just waiting to get it put in.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:41 AM
Import Patrol

running a 100 shot dry, without even a large pump is asking for trouble. With that big of a dryshot you should get larger injectors and a larger pump. It's better to have insurance then to be without
Old 08-15-2005, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ImportPatrolWS6
running a 100 shot dry, without even a large pump is asking for trouble. With that big of a dryshot you should get larger injectors and a larger pump. It's better to have insurance then to be without
Was running a 125 dry shot on stock injectors and fuel pump, before I had my head & cam install done with no problems. When I had my h/c package done I did go with bigger injectors just haven't gotten around to installing the bigger fuel pump yet.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:59 PM
Import Patrol

damn, that was risky running a 125dryshot with stock injectors and pump, But good thing you at least got larger injectors
Old 08-15-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have a cam, pulley, lid, intake, and sprayed the 100shot on the stock pump and the fuel trim lean code came up. could be the restriction of the inline pump inline, just not on. will turn the pump on and try it again.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ImportPatrolWS6
damn, that was risky running a 125dryshot with stock injectors and pump, But good thing you at least got larger injectors
Risky, yes. When the shop took the motor apart the guy said you couldn't tell it had even been sprayed on. I told him I had been spraying a 125 dry shot and he said about the same thing you said. Guess I'm lucky.