in the spare tire well
62.70%
Voters: 764. You may not vote on this poll

where to mount bottle

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have pics of a bottle mounted on the top of the fuel tank in a f-body? I remember seeing a pic of a green camaro, serched but I can't find it.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gmpower
Tint them all. I live in Califronia The State Of Laws, and I have four-sided tint (ALL my window's are tinted, ALL four sides of my car).
got pics?
Old 11-23-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Regular

supposed you're stopped and the cop sees the no2 on the hump...what would you get? anyone know the virginia laws by chance?
Old 11-28-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
supposed you're stopped and the cop sees the no2 on the hump...what would you get? anyone know the virginia laws by chance?
If I remember correctly, VA outlawed the use of nitrous on the streets in June/July 2004 or June/July 2005. I don't remember which exactly, I'm just pretty sure it was outlawed sometime during the summer just before I either bought my kit or before I installed it. Anyway, as far as I understand, you can have the bottle and it can have the gas, but your feed line may not be hooked up. If your bottle is on the hump, get one of those 860 Performance or NX wing-man nuts and if you get pulled over, unscrew your line.

I don't know the penalty if you get caught, but you can get a ticket. I have, however, only heard stories of judges not knowing what nitrous is or not caring, and throwing the ticket out.

I'm just going to obey the law and not use nitrous...
Old 11-29-2006, 07:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATLHwyRacer
Hope SUX2BU chimes in and shows where he mounted his bottles

funniest post evar!!!
Old 11-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gi8e7oi825
...If your bottle is on the hump, get one of those 860 Performance or NX wing-man nuts and if you get pulled over, unscrew your line.
If you get pulled over, and your windows are tinted.. and you're moving around in your car (unscrewing the feed line) you're liable to turn around to a gun in your face.
Cops get REALLY edgy when the car is moving around and they can't see in. Been there.. done that.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

a fast car is not worth me getting my *** shot off! and just when i was close to a decision.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
I was stationed in Virginia and got pulled over with the bottle between the back seats. I have a remote opener and told him it was closed and the system was off and showed him. He said ok and gave me a ticket for my window tint
Old 12-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd157k
If you get pulled over, and your windows are tinted.. and you're moving around in your car (unscrewing the feed line) you're liable to turn around to a gun in your face.
Cops get REALLY edgy when the car is moving around and they can't see in. Been there.. done that.
IF your in Portland Oregon you'd already have been shot. Portland cops shoot first and ask questions later.

Running around with the bottle on the hump is asking for trouble. Be it from a cop or some punk your advertising and looking for the attention. Sooner or later your gonna get what your looking for but it might not be what you want. No reason to have a bottle on the hump in a street car unless your looking for trouble.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
i put mine on the back seat bracket on passenger side
fit perfectly
Pics?? I'm lookin on doing that. I NEVAR let PPL sit there. Ir behind the driver seat on the floor. If I have room for it, I'll do it there. but like was said, it's secluded in the spare well. -And I can rig a BD tube thru there easier. I'd rather not drill a hole in the floor of the main compartment.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by meatfoam
VERY NICE
Old 01-04-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
Pics?? I'm lookin on doing that. I NEVAR let PPL sit there. Ir behind the driver seat on the floor. If I have room for it, I'll do it there. but like was said, it's secluded in the spare well. -And I can rig a BD tube thru there easier. I'd rather not drill a hole in the floor of the main compartment.
im actually thinking about sticking it behind the driver's seat for now.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what... someone mounted the bottle in their bumper... Isnt that just a horrible idea or is it just me, or was it a joke?... Either way, just got my kit and mines going in the spare tire well b/c of all the times i get mr bad *** police man when i get pulled over..
Old 01-10-2007, 09:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I finally installed the 860 mount sometime last month. Very clean and nice installation, dosen't seem like it will be all that hard to get the bottle in and out.

I like having it in the wheelwell cause I like my cars really clean looking, mounting the bottle in the passanger space would eventually drive me nuts.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camar0corey
I finally installed the 860 mount sometime last month. Very clean and nice installation, dosen't seem like it will be all that hard to get the bottle in and out.

I like having it in the wheelwell cause I like my cars really clean looking, mounting the bottle in the passanger space would eventually drive me nuts.
Dont you have a stock 10bolt with girdle and micronite gears?Let me know how its holding up with that 6speed and nitrous and how HP/howmany runs
Old 01-10-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep thats me.
Will do, have to make a final decision on what setup I'm going to run. Should last a little while, I'm going to run a FJO controller. Deciding on wet or dry right now, all I know for sure is that my ZEX box is for sale.
Oh yeah and I haven't worked in 3 weeks, so have to wait for the money flow to start again also.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camar0corey
Yep thats me.
Will do, have to make a final decision on what setup I'm going to run. Should last a little while, I'm going to run a FJO controller. Deciding on wet or dry right now, all I know for sure is that my ZEX box is for sale.
Oh yeah and I haven't worked in 3 weeks, so have to wait for the money flow to start again also.
Thanks.As for myself Im going dry since I bought heads to go with my cam I upgraded to 42lb injectors(was80%duty cl) just on the cam,then started to research dry and to me it seems safer if yu got agood tuner,wich I do.I bought the Harris dry kit for$254 could not pass up that price it just came last night,but wont install till spring.I want to hear more from people with micronite gears.Im an A4 and I see some people go 10"s with an A4 not forever though,but they do,so I was just wanting to see how much abuse these micro gears will take.You and MR23 are the only ones on here I know that have it
Old 01-14-2007, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

I mounted mine in the spare tire well. I will get pictures of it when I have it completelt perfect.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is it possible, or has anyone mounted there bottle under the other panel in the back (the one that's opposite the spare tire)? Why not? Or is there just not enough space?

I'm thinking that if there is room there, that would be a better place for me, becuase my battery is relocated in the spare tire compartment. I could fit the bottle there but it would be a bad ratio of weight (right side would be heavy as ****).

Also, that is the first place someone would look to see if you have nitrous. (Going for the stealthy look.)

Thanks!!
Old 01-16-2007, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

I mounted mine in hte spare tire well and it cost me about $15 and an hour and a half by myself to get it done. I like hte stealth look also.

Quick Reply: where to mount bottle