Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Outlet LS1 Intake System..

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 11:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Im not real sure where you will fall in here. What kind of RPMs are you thinking this motor is going to twist.If you are not going to be twisting around 7400 the Fast may be a better set. This unit will be great for a big stroker with really good flowing heads twisting the higher RPMs.

THe spray bars are something we install. This basically a plate system with out the plate.The spray bars are just plumbed ionto the intake.This saves hood and cowl clearence issues.
Thanks
Dave
Right now, she seems too like 7000 - 7200 rpm shift points best, that's where i've gotten my best ET's on the 100/150/200 shots, haven't hit both stages yet, waitin for a track rental we got coming up, and only hit the 200 at an 1/8th mile track so far.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Blueballs ZZ.

This set up is not intended for your normal everyday street car. Heat soak is not a problem.The air travels through the intake plenum to fast. As stated many times through out this intire post.This intake will flow more at Higher RPMs.This set up is for a stroker motor that is turning high RPMs with really good high flowing equipment. Our elbow does not do a Direct 90 degree turn.It is curved to flow correctly.
We built this set up because many of our customers were having issues trying to go to this set up.They were having to machine parts,trim hoods,trim cowls and hours of searching for parts.We simply built this set up with those guys in mind... Just to make it easeir for them.We do not imply that our setup is any better than the one you can build yourself with countless number of hours of seraching for parts and machining them to fit correctly. We have no intentions of spending any more time or money up in testing this product. It is simply here for the guys that need it.
Thanks
Dave
See, probably wouldn't be good for me, I drive the car around on the street too much, not a daily, but I like too be able too drive her whenever I feel like it, which is often!
Old 12-27-2005, 11:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It will not make a difference as far as drivabilty.I am just trying to stress where the bennifits of a intake system like this will come into play. My 99 is still a street car and very driveable. This itake is also way to much intake for the little motor thats in that car.
Dave
Old 12-27-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 383ss
and no, you obvioulsy don't know what the hell you are talking about.
Hey no offense dude and I don't want to start ****, but i'd believe in what blueballszz tells me anyday over you. He's one of my good friends and he definately knows what he's talking about, doesn't just go by internet numbers! Also, he built my motor which has less cubes than yours, less compression, runs on pump gas, and is driven on the street all the time and driven too the track, runs 9's, and then driven home, all at a raceweight of about 3500 lbs. And that was only on the 150's, haven't hit it all yet! Just figured i'd let ya know he's not just some idiot that thinks he knows what he's talkin bout and has no clue, he probably has forgotten more stuff than you even know in the first place.

And I know Nitro Dave knows his ****, that's why I asked him what he thought about it for my setup, and from the looks of his reply, he seems too be leaning toward a 90/90 for my setup, and I think that's the way i'm leaning too unless some people get some killer results out of it over a 90/90 with a setup similar too mine with 7000-7200 rpm shift points and stuff.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Junkie

It will not make a difference as far as drivabilty.I am just trying to stress where the bennifits of a intake system like this will come into play. My 99 is still a street car and very driveable. This itake is also way to much intake for the little motor thats in that car.
Dave
Yeah, I hear ya, i'm just tryin too find the best setup I can for the car, ya know what i'm sayin. Cuz i've had friends pick up 2 - 3 mph with a 90/90, and then other friends pick up nothing! So I just didn't know if it was worth it too get the 90/90 over my ls6/stock ported throttle body setup and when I saw this, I thought maybe if it was that much better over the 90/90 and would work with my setup, maybe i'd try this route. But i'll probably just wait around till there's some results with it and see what's up with it. With the heat soak issue, how bad would it be if the car was driven too the track and then made runs, and not trailered there, i'm assuming with a car like that, that heat soak would definately come into play, right?
Old 12-27-2005, 11:33 PM
FormerVendor

Devon.
Yes I am leaning towards the 90/90s set up on your application.I feel that you will not see a bennifit to go to our intake with your application...

The car that I have this itake on is a stock sized bottom end with diamond pistons,arp bolts, some home ported LS6 heads and stock valves. T REX cam.. This is to much intake for it... However It still has a high 9 in it on just a 200 shot.
Dave
Dave
Old 12-27-2005, 11:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Devon.
Yes I am leaning towards the 90/90s set up on your application.I feel that you will not see a bennifit to go to our intake with your application...

The car that I have this itake on is a stock sized bottom end with diamond pistons,arp bolts, some home ported LS6 heads and stock valves. T REX cam.. This is to much intake for it... However It still has a high 9 in it on just a 200 shot.
Dave
Dave
Yeah, that's what I was figuring from ur post. And that's pretty respectable, anywhere in the 9's ain't nothin too sneeze at!
Old 12-28-2005, 12:43 AM
FormerVendor

I remmember when I was in high school if you ran 12s you were god.LOL
Its funny how fuel injection and technology ahs moved those times to times we could only dream about back then and be streetable.
Dave
Old 12-28-2005, 10:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Hey no offense dude and I don't want to start ****, but i'd believe in what blueballszz tells me anyday over you. He's one of my good friends and he definately knows what he's talking about, doesn't just go by internet numbers! Also, he built my motor which has less cubes than yours, less compression, runs on pump gas, and is driven on the street all the time and driven too the track, runs 9's, and then driven home, all at a raceweight of about 3500 lbs. And that was only on the 150's, haven't hit it all yet! Just figured i'd let ya know he's not just some idiot that thinks he knows what he's talkin bout and has no clue, he probably has forgotten more stuff than you even know in the first place.

And I know Nitro Dave knows his ****, that's why I asked him what he thought about it for my setup, and from the looks of his reply, he seems too be leaning toward a 90/90 for my setup, and I think that's the way i'm leaning too unless some people get some killer results out of it over a 90/90 with a setup similar too mine with 7000-7200 rpm shift points and stuff.
good for you. sounds like your car runs decent. if you want to take advice from a guy that says this is the same thing as the aluminum holley intake, go ahead. that is a rediculous comparision.
no doubt, the 90/90 is better for your application from what I have seen. I know you don't want my 'internet' advice though.
if you care, I've had the LS1, LS6, Holley, FAST 78 and FAST 90 ported and unported on my car. all with track and dyno graphs.

Last edited by 383ss; 12-28-2005 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Junkie

I remmember when I was in high school if you ran 12s you were god.LOL
Its funny how fuel injection and technology ahs moved those times to times we could only dream about back then and be streetable.
Dave
Yeah I know, tell me bout it. The funny thing I remember from highschool was the longer you could spin ur tires from a stop and the more smoke you could make the cooler and faster ur car was, then I got into racing and spinning the tires and smokin 'em started too suck and I had too start doin **** too get her too hook! Cuz of course after I started adding power, the traction started getting worse and worse!
Old 12-28-2005, 08:58 PM
FormerVendor

Ok call me stupid...LOL What intake are we calling a holley intake? THe alluminum for the LS1 is the weiland correct?
Dvae
Old 12-29-2005, 10:05 AM
10 Second Club

Ok call me stupid...LOL What intake are we calling a holley intake? THe alluminum for the LS1 is the weiland correct?
Dvae
it can be called holley/weiland/lingenfelter, they are the same thing. its just an aluminum LS6 intake.

there it is.
http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=3&pcid=177
Old 12-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

show me a single plane EFI carb style composite intake.

waiting....
get the newest hot rod mag. you will see that g.m is making them for thier new ls7 also
Old 12-29-2005, 08:48 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

it can be called holley/weiland/lingenfelter, they are the same thing. its just an aluminum LS6 intake.

there it is.
http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=3&pcid=177
/

Really its an LS1 not and ls6. But the hole heat thing, just finished dynoing our intake again, and while HOT VERY HOT yeilded the same power as if it was cold and a little better than the composite one... I should be able to post up the dyno sheets next week..
Ricky
Old 12-30-2005, 06:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

one other thing, the edelbrock vic jr has a HUGE airgap between the plenum and the valley cover, this will HELP mitigate heat soak. the holley intake was essentially sitting right on the valley cover sucking in all that heat.

There is no way a LSx style intake with the massive air turns to get in the runners can match the STRAIGHT line from the plenum to the intake runner that the vic jr offers.

Here is something to munch on...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/311005-spm-hptuners-dyno-results.html

+51 hp for the GMPP single plane intake over a LS6 intake. Best gains I've ever seen personally from LS6 to LSX 90/90 was 20-25

Also...the #7 lean issue that hurts so many LS1 pistons should be alleviated with the carb style intake too
Old 12-30-2005, 08:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
/

Really its an LS1 not and ls6. But the hole heat thing, just finished dynoing our intake again, and while HOT VERY HOT yeilded the same power as if it was cold and a little better than the composite one... I should be able to post up the dyno sheets next week..
Ricky
When you say your intake, ur talkin about a setup like this one nitro dave made with the vic jr? I'd like too see some results, definately show us the comparison too the 90/90, give us the setup, and results cold and hot, thanks man, some results would be nice too see.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:02 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
When you say your intake, ur talkin about a setup like this one nitro dave made with the vic jr? I'd like too see some results, definately show us the comparison too the 90/90, give us the setup, and results cold and hot, thanks man, some results would be nice too see.
No we have our own LS style intake made from aluminum with nitrous injection holes already drilled tapped ready for some jets and noids.. Been working on and off with it for a couple of years now. 85mm inlet, with our 85mm throttle body. Still working to get the machine shop squared away on it, but my testing is done..
Ricky
Old 12-30-2005, 09:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
No we have our own LS style intake made from aluminum with nitrous injection holes already drilled tapped ready for some jets and noids.. Been working on and off with it for a couple of years now. 85mm inlet, with our 85mm throttle body. Still working to get the machine shop squared away on it, but my testing is done..
Ricky
You talkin bout this one? http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/LS1Intake.htm

I had seen it on ur site a few times, never actually read the part there that said it was aluminum though, I just assumed it was composite like the rest.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:17 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

The NX alum intake was a neat looking piece, and with the 85 mm size, it fits right in the middle of the fast setups.

Still intrested in how these intake setups are working on BIG ci motors, 430+.

Last edited by JL ws-6; 12-30-2005 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BLUEBALLS ZZ
get the newest hot rod mag. you will see that g.m is making them for thier new ls7 also
that is not compatible with LS1 heads nice try

Quick Reply: Nitrous Outlet LS1 Intake System..