Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX MAF KIT vs TNT F1/F2 MAF?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very happy with my NX maf kit. Thanks Nitro Dave.
With a 100 shot jetted at 62 nitrous 28 fuel at 62psi with a race weight of 3650 pushed my sled to 10.80@128.15 on Mickey Thompson drag radials spraying about 10' out. I am pretty happy with the results. I am going to put the skinnies up front then up the shot to a 150 and change out the factory TQ arm and see what she will do.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David@TNT
Dave I have answered these question 4 you before again and again.. Do you want me to start pasting quotes of how many times you have questioned our jetting?? WE DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY, you can do that when you offer YOUR OWN product and are not just a sales man for someone else.. Hey btw I hear your "sales tatics" are in question, whats up with that?? Its like what you got in trouble for in Corral.net and I can post a link in case you forgot.. Please help me with these "Simple little questions to help me understand??" Ya know..
This is perhaps the most worthless respose to any thread question i've ever read.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dave I have answered these question 4 you before again and again.. Do you want me to start pasting quotes of how many times you have questioned our jetting?? WE DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY, you can do that when you offer YOUR OWN product and are not just a sales man for someone else.. Hey btw I hear your "sales tatics" are in question, whats up with that?? Its like what you got in trouble for in Corral.net and I can post a link in case you forgot.. Please help me with these "Simple little questions to help me understand??" Ya know..
Ok I see we can not have a grown up conversation. I Do not know what you mean by sales tactics in question I have never been in troble on the corral that I am aware of. Oh well.If you have only rocks to throw instead of technical information to back your post. I have nothing else to say. Im not scared post away. If I do something wrong Im man enough to say I was wrong. ARE YOU??????
Dave
Old 11-10-2005, 04:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 02 Pewter LS1
Very happy with my NX maf kit. Thanks Nitro Dave.
With a 100 shot jetted at 62 nitrous 28 fuel at 62psi with a race weight of 3650 pushed my sled to 10.80@128.15 on Mickey Thompson drag radials spraying about 10' out. I am pretty happy with the results. I am going to put the skinnies up front then up the shot to a 150 and change out the factory TQ arm and see what she will do.
Im glad to see you are happy with a product that we offer.Thank you very much for your service.
Dave
Old 11-10-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Ok I see we can not have a grown up conversation. I Do not know what you mean by sales tactics in question I have never been in troble on the corral that I am aware of. Oh well.If you have only rocks to throw instead of technical information to back your post. I have nothing else to say. Im not scared post away. If I do something wrong Im man enough to say I was wrong. ARE YOU??????
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXJeremy
David, as you know I have a limited amount of experience with TNT's systems so I am wondering about the jetting. How are you guys running the same jetting between the LS1 and the LT1 when the two motors operate at fuel pressures that aren't even close to each other?

To answer your question, we have allways targeted a more safe a/f @ 10.8-11.2 therefore giving a comfort zone, rather than running a motor on the "edge" tune, ie 12.5+.. The tune for the LT1 is set correct, and the LS1 with the same jetting using the higher fuel pressure tilts to the fat side, but is able to use the extra fuel due to eff of the LS1 design.. Thats why our 100hp setting usually makes 200-225rwtq @ 11.0 a/f.. Sure we could knock fuel out of the LS1 jetting to acheive a "edge" tune, but why?? Thanks for pointing that out though, this is why a dyno day will show the true colors of everyones design and educate everyone that is interested.. Thanks David@TNT

Do you not remember this conversation??
Old 11-10-2005, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Good reading/thread. Reading about some of the original guys in the nitrous field got me thinking. Do any of you n2o gurus know who started and ran 10,000 RPM, and where did they go? I used to run their stuff many/many moons ago. Also, talking about all the n2o companys, who's is the oldest longest standing company? Also, I do like the new vette MAF kit.
Robert
Old 11-10-2005, 05:29 PM
FormerVendor

I agree. I think 12.5 is to lean for Nitrous. We always tune ours at 11.8.This gives you the best of both worlds. Good torque good HP and all the way down the track performance.

So you have your kit jetted for 11.0 at 900 PSI? You do not think that would cause problems with the performance falling off after the 60foot when the bottle pressure drops even more causing the car to go even richer?
Dave
Old 11-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Ok this is old as always again and again he said she said.
Look the orignal post was.

Originally Posted by boostedrs
Right now I'm trying to decide which kit to go with. I want to make the most power as possible. What jets would be possible for me? Motor is fully built Diamond Forged pistons / Eagle rods. Will the MAF work with a 85mm SLP MAS? I tried to search but couldn't find the answer. I'm trying to decide what kit will make the most power and be the safiest for my setup.
Then I type in a joking manner with look at the install and ask yourself.

Originally Posted by NXRicky
Everyone knows the NX MAF is it. LOL Just kidding...... So chill everyone... Now back to the post... MAF vs Ring. Just look at the install pictures and ask your self which do I like.. See both companies can put enough power into an engine to put the crank on the ground.. I would recommend you start at 100hp and work your way up..
So if you go with the maf kit you will not be disappointed, and with the ring you will be fine, you may need a hammer to install it but once on your good...
I would rate the kits best to not the best.
NX, TNT, ZEX, Dynotune, NOS, Edelbrock, Compucar, Nitrousworks,
Now there are about 20 companies total got tired of typing.
Ricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXJeremy
David, as you know I have a limited amount of experience with TNT's systems so I am wondering about the jetting. How are you guys running the same jetting between the LS1 and the LT1 when the two motors operate at fuel pressures that aren't even close to each other?

To answer your question, we have allways targeted a more safe a/f @ 10.8-11.2

Do you not remember this conversation??
Jeremy did not ask this question Nitrous Outlet did. Mis qoute.
And the hole air fuel totally answers the questions and explains perfectly why your kit make the torque..

Now this thread has gotten way way off corse as is the case time and time again for some reason...
I am just to blame as all other non-sponsor vendors with in this thread.. IT old and non-helpful.

David I am the one that told you in the past fine lets dyno and to let me know when you have your list ready to go with all the companies you wanted...

Ok now Robert:
Give me a few days, I have a 10,000rpm catalog at the shop.. OLD OLD OLD but really some cool looking stuff... I will dig it up for you, bet you thought you had me on that one,

NOW as far as the hole power to the ground statement.. I will take nothing away from James. Just for the information, the nozzle that all are in question of who designed and when may never be proven.. But it did exsist before top gon was created. Not is a billet form that everyone is familar with yet it was 3 pieces, and made from brass, and then the fittings were screwed in,,, I do not have a picture but lets talk companies, since this thread in the sh-tted anyway.
how many of these have you never heard of,
NX, NOS, ZEX, EDELBROCK,DYNOTUNE,TNT,VENOM,COLDFUSION,TOPGUN, MAGNUM, I.C.E., CHETAH, NITROUS WORKS, 10000 RPM, HIGHPOWER, NYTREX,SPEEDTECH,NITROUSSPECIALITIES,BRAND X, AND THERE ARE A FEW MORE BUT MEMORY is failing me.. too many , now John Stewart was apart of 4 and those were before NX and TNT,,, I am forgetting the first one John was apart of so Yall deside...

It really pisses me off when people want answers to question, and somehow get the wrong information.

I would like to see this thread go away or be locked.

Ricky
Old 11-10-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ricky, don't forget, Nitrous Works, Wizards of NOS, Robert's Dry Systems etc.
Robert

Quick Reply: NX MAF KIT vs TNT F1/F2 MAF?