Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dry to Wet conversion.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005 | 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

Default Dry to Wet conversion.

Ive always had consistancy issues with the 5177 kit. Now they offer a conversion kit to include a fogger and a lines with a fuel solenoid, and now offer a wet plate kit unavailable anywhere yet. I called summitracing several times and they are working on getting it available. NOS says the conversion kit will work better than the 5177 kit up to 125 hp and hit harder. Any more than that, they recommend the "new" plate kit up to 250hp, which includes bigger noids and a plate system w/jets. (behind the TB).
I am unhappy with the nos 5177 kit and sounds like they are too. (nos)
With out buying a whole kit, do any vendors here sell a wet conversion kit? I willing to buy now. Need more consistant torque increases. I want to also spray 150 wet without having to buy a complete kit.
Old 11-14-2005 | 09:26 PM
FormerVendor

Yes,WE offer a NX dry to wet conversion.
Dave
Old 11-14-2005 | 11:47 PM
FormerVendor

We also have a few dry to wet conversions. Here's a link to one of them, the others aren't up on the website yet, but they are available. Let us know if you have any other questions.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=337&page=1

Thanks,
Matt
Old 11-15-2005 | 12:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=191

$159 on sale
Cheers
Dan
Old 11-15-2005 | 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by z28viperkiller
Ive always had consistancy issues with the 5177 kit. Now they offer a conversion kit to include a fogger and a lines with a fuel solenoid, and now offer a wet plate kit unavailable anywhere yet. I called summitracing several times and they are working on getting it available. NOS says the conversion kit will work better than the 5177 kit up to 125 hp and hit harder. Any more than that, they recommend the "new" plate kit up to 250hp, which includes bigger noids and a plate system w/jets. (behind the TB).
I am unhappy with the nos 5177 kit and sounds like they are too. (nos)
With out buying a whole kit, do any vendors here sell a wet conversion kit? I willing to buy now. Need more consistant torque increases. I want to also spray 150 wet without having to buy a complete kit.
You can read what you want into any discussion, but I highly doubt that NOS is unhappy with the 5177. Does any broad group of owners reconize a kit by the part #, well most know the 5177. Why is this, probably because it's the most popular dry kit and maybe one of the most popular n2o kits period. I am sorry you don't have the skills to make it work, but don't make it like you are the authority on this and claim it's a bad kit. For less than a wet conversion you could upsize your injectors, so, I call BS. Now if you want to convert to wet, that's fine by me.
Robert
Old 11-15-2005 | 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you, I was waiting for your approval.

lol...laugh out loud. My claim is 100% accurate. If you think about it, our country has varying climate conditions. Down in Cali where the system was created and tested it may have been dry and warm. Here in Oregon, it is relatively cool and very humid. The 5177 system has worked great on some occasions, but very badly on other occasions. These being when it was cool and humid. The Maf freezes (humidity and cold equals FROST) and creates a very rich condition at about half track when the Mass air sensor reports way cold conditions and floods the cylinders with fuel. As most real hot rodders know, way rich equals less power. This is the downfall of the 5177 kit. Yes it works well in (most) places but it can create inconsistancy in other places. Im not speaking for NOS, Just claiming my experience. THEY told ME that their wet kit would work better for ME. THEY also sell the conversion kit to IMPROVE the performance of THEIR dry 5177 kit. Judge me if you want, im speaking from experience not bench racing. larry k
Old 11-15-2005 | 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

To prove my point, I have also raced in Bremerton WA, your home state. Where I experienced the same condition as mentioned above.
Its not that i didn't have skills to make it work, It just didn't friggin work. Thats it.
I still beat all your buddies bracket racing, but the system just did not work as designed. I just compensated for the times by watching the weather. All the mechanicals are there the way it is supposed to be. Exactly like the owners manual says. Maybe you should read up and learn on how an internal combustion engine works. Thanks for your reply.
Old 11-15-2005 | 11:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Your welcome for the approval. Now I am still calling BS. Our weather has nothing to do with it. As a matter of fact, go to the NW section and look for the thread on group N2O purchase, it's a dry group purchase. More guys are running the 5177 around here than any other kit. I'll bet you have nozzle placement error. If you beat all my buddies, how come your not on the Top 30 Run What Ya Brung List (check where I am running the 5177)? Even the lt1 guys running the dry kits are doing better than 12.x your running what's up with that. Come on up and I'll get ya squared away, really, nothing personal.
Robert
Old 11-15-2005 | 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

excellent. I like your approval. No really, I am open to info. Anything to help me be faster is always appreciated. If im totally wrong on this issue, please tell me. Im just saying the 5177 doesn't work for me. Could i have your phone number?
Old 11-15-2005 | 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

It could possibly be that I am all BS. Im open to that. That is why im here.