50.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

NX MAF or TNT F2?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 12:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NX MAF or TNT F2?

Simple NX maf or TNT F2 Car in sig and will be running a 150 or more on the wet along with my 5177 kit at 75hp. 2 stage set-up. Thanks guys Please give a brief discription on why you chose what you did. Are both kits ratted at rwhp or fwhp
Old 12-09-2005, 01:10 AM
TECH Regular

IMO I like the TNT looks clean and the HP #'s are RWHP. But the NX looks clean to. I guess just buy what you like.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neither, I would run another stage of dry, but I am kinda a dry guy, or a direct port. I would do this cause I just don't like gasoline in my intake track. Both are rwhp, with TNT generally putting down a little more.
Robert
Old 12-09-2005, 02:52 AM
TECH Regular

why not consider a plate system like the one from nitrous dave ?
Old 12-09-2005, 10:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Out of these two. I would run the maff kit. It makes a cleaner looking intsall with no fitment issues.The jetting is accurate.You can use the same plate as a dual stage.It comes with a TPS switch.The customer service is awesome.NX also has more matching accessories.

With that said.THe TNT is also a good kit so you really can not go wrong on either. I just favor the maff kit.
Dave
Old 12-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I think you should choose the one you think fits your world. Both units can give you lots power....
Ricky
Old 12-09-2005, 10:51 AM
FormerVendor

I would opt to run the MAF system with both stages, AND run the dry for a THIRD stage. But I tend to like being overkill on things, lol.

Seriously, both will deliver lots of power and once installed both look pretty clean. The MAF does have the ability to run two stages if that is an option for you in the future. Just pick which one best suites your goals and run with it.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:41 PM
10 Second Club

NX MAF...I looked at them both. NX MAF has the clean setup for the dual stage feature. It makes a great first and second (if you wish) stage. Well supported and well liked.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1999TransamWs6
Simple NX maf or TNT F2 Car in sig and will be running a 150 or more on the wet along with my 5177 kit at 75hp. 2 stage set-up. Thanks guys Please give a brief discription on why you chose what you did. Are both kits ratted at rwhp or fwhp

All I can say is look at the parts that your getting, the design and material its made of.. There is alot of info in previous threads that is quite benifical.. Thanks David@TNT
Old 12-09-2005, 02:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1999TransamWs6
Your poll has been done before. NX usually wins the vote count. That doesn't make the TNT kit bad by any means. But it sure says a lot about NX MAF Nitrous System. I'd reccommend other NX products to go along with your purchase too. I like having the NX purge to load that puppy up. The NX bottle warmer is an excellent accessory too. Now, I only use NX, I'm not involved with them in any other way, but the NX as described to me is a System to give you the most enjoyment and fun. You will love it. I rate it 5 purges!!
Old 12-10-2005, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

TNT is a good kit
Old 12-10-2005, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why would anyone want to spray at the massair? i just don't get it. the T.N.T kit puts it right into the th-body where it should be. my bud has the nx 100 shot to 100 shot my T.N.T out did his on the dyno and at the track. goodluck to ya.
MACON-your right,its all been done before.getting kinda old seeing the same shi* on this site.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by mike c.
why would anyone want to spray at the massair? i just don't get it. the T.N.T kit puts it right into the th-body where it should be. my bud has the nx 100 shot to 100 shot my T.N.T out did his on the dyno and at the track. goodluck to ya.
MACON-your right,its all been done before.getting kinda old seeing the same shi* on this site.

Niether of those spray AT the MAF. The NX MAF kit doesnt...the TNT doesnt. The NX just uses the MAF housing as a place to integrate the nozzles.

As far as a 100 shot TNT vs a 100 shot NX and one "outperforming" the other on the dyno or track?
Ill never understand the logic really.

If you spray a TNT thats labeled a 100 shot and get 130 rwhp...then what shot where you spraying again????

If you spay an NOS kit that calls it a 100 shot and you get 75 rwhp to the tires...what size shot is that?

Does your motor care what the shot was labeled?

If a motor will hande exactly 600 rwhp and 700 rwtq before it pops and you make 400 on motor and spray a TNT "200" shot and get 250 from it (650 total) will the motor not pop because the jets were labeled a 200??

These are the questions Id like to know.

Both kits in question will get the job done and spray the full amount of whats considered "safe" down an intake. As a matter of fact most kits will. Pick the one you like, the one you feel has good customer support, and the one you generally get that warm fuzzy feeling about

Last edited by 383LQ4SS; 12-10-2005 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
Niether of those spray AT the MAF. The NX MAF kit doesnt...the TNT doesnt. The NX just uses the MAF housing as a place to integrate the nozzles.

As far as a 100 shot TNT vs a 100 shot NX and one "outperforming" the other on the dyno or track?
Ill never understand the logic really.

If you spray a TNT thats labeled a 100 shot and get 130 rwhp...then what shot where you spraying again????

If you spay an NOS kit that calls it a 100 shot and you get 75 rwhp to the tires...what size shot is that?

Does your motor care what the shot was labeled?

If a motor will hande exactly 600 rwhp and 700 rwtq before it pops and you make 400 on motor and spray a TNT "200" shot and get 250 from it (650 total) will the motor not pop because the jets were labeled a 200??

These are the questions Id like to know.

Both kits in question will get the job done and spray the full amount of whats considered "safe" down an intake. As a matter of fact most kits will. Pick the one you like, the one you feel has good customer support, and the one you generally get that warm fuzzy feeling about
THANK YOU!! A month ago I was trying to make the point that a 100 shot should yield 100 hp rating if its NOS, Zex, TNT or NX. I said, I believe that it is dangerous for any company to say one thing and deliver another. The difference is that Zex, before I understood it to be flywheel rating, as opposed to rear wheel rating, simply "let me down". It under delivered. The flip side is if I expect to get 100 additional hp and get 130, there is in fact a level at which this may become a serious issue. To further my point, so eloquently made above, what if we bought a shirt that said it was a 16x32 and it turned out to be a 16x35...your sleeves would be too long. You wouldn't wear it.

Put a 100 hp shot next to a 100 hp shot and the driver will be the difference.

If it always sounds like I don't like TNT, you are misreading me. It's okay. I know people who swear by it. I've beaten them in races with my old Zex kit. Big deal...I had 150 shot they may have had 75, I don't know? I do like NX. I just like running nitrous. But I like to know what i'm running. PLEASE STOP SAYING THAT TNT MAKES MORE HP. It is labeled liberally It is incorrect to say. It is a lie in a certain context and misleads. If you want TNT buy it. But it sounds to me like you may be buying a 125 shot and simply getting a mislabeled 150 shot. I'll take NX quality any day. I know what i'm getting.

Last edited by Macon; 12-10-2005 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Resident

My tnt 100 shot kit made 125rwhp. Yes it made more power but that A/F was DEAD ON all the way across with a stock tune.
Car's dyno on spray looked like it was tuned, but it was not.

I am impressed.

Customer service with TNT is excellent also.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Var
On The Tree

The only way the TNT is making more power

1-dumping more cfm of nitrous than the NX kit
2-NX kit runs too much fuel vs nitrous so it runs rich.
3-Atmoization of NX kit is horrible(which i highly doubt)

If A/F is identical and CFM of nitrous flow is identical, power should be also.

The word "shot" is just a reference to how much power you're making. There's no chart for "shot" vs flow or jetting size of nitrous.

If you're running "x" amount of nitrous on a honda, and it makes 40hp, then it's a 40shot. Move that same kit over to an LS1. If it make 75hp then it's a 75 shot.

The power gains should always be at the wheels. Flywheel horsepower is irrelevant. how many people put their stuff on an engine dyno? Horsepower is at the wheels.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Ive owned the TNT F2 was a great kit...The kit came with quality pieces and the peformance was outstanding.... That being said I recently switched to the NX MAF kit for two reasons:

1. Lifetime solenoid warranty.
2. Ease and IMHO cleaner install than the power ring.

Both are better than an NOS kit in terms of quailty and customer service, IMHO.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:51 PM
11 Second Club

I run a NX MAF.

Don't chose a kit by HP ratings. HP is only a jet change away.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok, guys, if you take a NX kit and a TNT kit and jet them how the respective company does it to reach the same RWHP, the TNT kit will put out more torque by design. This is where nozzle design/location, bottle pressure and a/f ratio come into play. So, I contend, rwhp rating is only part of the story. Now what? Which will win more races?
Robert
Old 12-11-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe they rate them at the engine because of the different drivetrain losses, makes sense to me