Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring for Mini-Progressive, 2step, transbrake?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 08:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiring for Mini-Progressive, 2step, transbrake?

I have been working on wiring my complete race car lately, and nows the time to start wiring up the nitrous system. On my previous car I had a single nozzle system, but this new car is a whole different animal when it comes to the nitrous.

I have an NX 4 solenoid system, FJO mini progressive unit, trans brake of course, and a Harlan 2-step. But I am wondering how to wire it all up properly.

What I want to do is launch the car off the transbrake with the progressive setup which will then ramp up the power by time. I would like to find out how to wire it all so when I press the transbrake button the 2 step is engaged, and when I let go of the button the nitrous system(progressive) takes over. And then the system will shut off once I let off or go away from WOT. Any wiring ideas or help?

With the new FJO mini controller, does the nitrous system need any relays, or is everything controlled by the FJO box?

IF theres any suggestionsor other ideas, I'd appreciate it
Old 12-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Ok working on giving you the drawing you are requesting, and ran into a glitch.. I need the drawing for a harlan 2 step. The one I have uses a momentary button but does not tell me if its hot or not, only lack that part and the drawing is done.
Ricky
Old 12-29-2005, 03:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Ok working on giving you the drawing you are requesting, and ran into a glitch.. I need the drawing for a harlan 2 step. The one I have uses a momentary button but does not tell me if its hot or not, only lack that part and the drawing is done.
Ricky

I got your email too

I dont have the paperwork yet on the Harlan 2step as mine is still in transit to me. But in your email you mentioned Mini progressive might not be enough to run the system? What do you recomend as I want to do this right the first time, but hopefully not have to buy the Maximizer 2. Let me know

-Brian
Old 12-29-2005, 03:30 PM

The unit is rated at 40amps, and that is a real rating all day long kind of thing, so a 10 second pass should be no big deal.. After looking over some note on other post I think I've got it, but you will need to check with harlan to make sure.
Ricky
Old 12-29-2005, 04:25 PM

Keep in mind this is not recommend do to the higher amp draw, but it should work since its only a 10second or so run... Do not use the second stage option in this mode.. 12volt system ONLY, and if you smoke the unit I will replace 1 .

This will only work for a 12volt system... do not use or try with 16volt at all..

Ricky

Last edited by NXRICKY; 12-29-2005 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:42 AM
TECH Resident

Thank you very much Ricky

I have just one question though, the trans brake button, does that disable the progressive unit while I am WOT on the brake and then enable the spray once I let go of the transbrake button being that I am already at WOT?

EDIT: I was half asleep when I asked this, I now know the answer that it will disable it(your second picture)

Last edited by SMKN TA 95; 12-30-2005 at 06:07 AM.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Resident

I have a question for ya Ricky, I tried ordering the mini progressive unit but supposedly they are all out of stock right now. I am able to get the previous FJO progressive unit and the separate box for the solenoid driver together for $15 cheaper than the complete mini setup. Should I just get this and not worry about the mini? Will the wiring be any different with the 2 boxes versus the 1 "mini" box?
Old 01-09-2006, 09:20 AM

Do not worry the two box set up is almost wired for you. There is a benifit to the 2 box, if in years to come you hurt the driver you can just replace it. Also 2 boxes you can put the controll box in the car ( tho not needed) and keep the driver near the noids. Both units single or dual box do the exact same job. And for a 15.00 saving man jump on that. Let me know if you need any help with it. I know you will be happy.
Ricky
Old 01-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Restricted User

Glad I seen this, answers my questions as well.

Quick Reply: Wiring for Mini-Progressive, 2step, transbrake?