Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fire & Ice bottle heater blanket?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fire & Ice bottle heater blanket?

This question has come up sometime ago and I do not think it was ever answered. What is available or what can be used for a bottle blanket with a NX Fire & Ice Bottle heater/cooler?

It there any reason to or not to use one?

Ricky, Jeremy, Dave anyone??
Old 02-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

i have that thing and i was wondering the same thing.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by redbullapril23
i have that thing and i was wondering the same thing.
Come on Nitrous Express guys---a little help here please.
But don't decide to make one for us and charge us an arm and a leg.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This has been asked before, but no answers? maybe they are working on it to suprise us?
Robert
Old 02-03-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

I am the one who asked and recieved no response at all. Thanks for bringing this back to my attention though.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:54 AM
10 Second Club

Everytime I posted or seen a post about the Fire and Ice, it's like no one whats to talk about it? Either no one is using it or they are to upset that they spent that much on a heater and don't want to talk about it.

It's like the Reps won't even acknowledge it exsists???
Old 02-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

i agree i wish i hadnt bouhgt it it was too expensive and all the Tech on it was simply not need IMHO...

i love NX and i love twhere they are going with their products.
i give them credit with leading the way in N20's future.
so a round of applause.

but i just wish i had bout a regular heater.. not faulting ne one but myself.

i might get some exhaust wrap and wrap my bottle.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

We all know there are several NX reps that frequent this site, and this nitrous board in particular, but why will none of them post a response?
Old 02-05-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BackinBlack02SS
We all know there are several NX reps that frequent this site, and this nitrous board in particular, but why will none of them post a response?
Ok NX reps where are you?? How about some of your great customer service please. A little help here please.

Can we take a regular blanket & cut it to fit around the Fire & Ice unit? Or will it fray and come apart? Other vendors---Your comments on cutting your blankets please.

Not only would we like to know about the blanket issue but give us the low down. Does the Fire & Ice REALLY work and how well? Honest answers only. Please no BS.

I will send a PM to Ricky & Jeremy just in case thay have missed this thread. Please read the entire thread and answer all of our questions. Thanks guys!!!

Last edited by terry s; 02-05-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:12 PM
Banned

I'm interested also
Old 02-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Sorry for the delays guys, just missed this one. Thanks to terry s for bringing to my attention. The fire and ice works well, and at this time we do not have the jacket out yet.
1. problem if I build one to work with the unit, cutting a hole in the Jacket and stitch it up then it force you where to mount the fire and ice. ( not all will like that).
2. If you want to cut the material and stitch it up, I recommend you stitch it first then cut it. between the 2 lines of stitching.
I have never done that but that is what I will do.

Now the facts as I see it. Fire and Ice is a wondering thing for a given application. The smarts allow the user the peace of mind that the unit will shut down if the parameters are not met.

You can not put the bottle in the back of a truck in 40' temps, and expect it to warm up the bottle. Nope it just not going to happen.
Too much service area in the cold, to try and heat.
A jacket will be a big helper with this type or any bottle set up. Current there are not that many units out there, the price point maybe???. But it does work as it is suppose to and it is the only unit that can chill a bottle also.
Hope this helps.
Rcky
Old 02-06-2006, 09:46 AM
FormerVendor

Sorry for not answering sooner Terrys and others. I just read your pm terry. As Ricky said the F&I works well for it's given application, but it isn't for everyone. Yes, it will heat AND cool a bottle to keep it within the correct operating pressure. However, it does take a little longer than a normal heating pad simply due to less surface area making contact with the bottle, but a normal heating pad cannot cool the bottle like the F&I does. So it's a trade off of what you want out of a heater. If your car can get pretty hot inside during the summer, and you don't mind it taking a little longer for the F&I to do it's thing, then it might be a good option for you to help keep the bottle from reaching too high a pressure. Like I said, it has it's applications that it works well in just like any other product.

As far as the bottle blanket issue goes, Ricky handles the R&D around here so his answers are what I'll go with, lol. I usually have to bug the hell out of him to get the low down on what he's scheming up next, haha.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ricky & Jeremy:
Thanks for the replies. I knew you guys would come through for us.

I have the sending units for the Fire & Ice and my pressure guage in my pod mounted directly to the outlet on the bottle, so it they are reading bottle pressure even when the bottle valve is closed. Is it ok to just turn the unit on and let it heat or cool as necessary so the pressure will be correct when I am ready to open the bottle valve & spray? Or will this significantly reduce the life span of the Fire & Ice unit?

Terry
Old 02-06-2006, 05:14 PM
FormerVendor

Terry- The way you have it setup up is good. Your idea of turning it on before you are ready to open the bottle is a good one if you know you will be going to the track or will be going out looking for something on the street.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Terry,
Thanks for the call today. I had not seen this post. Ofcourse I have not had much time to visit the boards until late at night lately.
I have been wondering on the Blanket thing as well.IM glad the question was answered above. I guess the solution would be what I said today while talking to you.
THere has to be away to build a jacket that just mounts the unit in the middle...

AS far as my dealings with the Fire and Ice
I have sold maybe 5 fire and ices since they came out. I have talked to people that have them that flat out loved them and I have talk to a person that had it ion the bed of his truck in bone chilling weather expecting a miracle.LOL

I think the unit is expensive. However I do not think it is to expensive for what it is.Its the pimpest bottle heater on the market..
Old 02-06-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Dave. As always it was good to talk to you today. As soon as my wideband shows up I will try to get my nitrous set up finished. I just hope I am smart enough to get it hooked up. Thanks for all your help.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Same here. Thanks for calling. Im sure you can handle it just fine..
Dave

Quick Reply: Fire & Ice bottle heater blanket?