Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some Guidance?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Some Guidance?

I am newer to the board and new to nitrous. I have been looking around and reading and had a few questions.

As i have read a lot of preferences rest on WET kits. Thus I would need to upgrade my fuel pump.

Racetronix pump kit.(135-F98-FPK2) VS. Holley In-Tank pump(61-12-902)
I have saw more racetronix set-ups on our cars then the Holley.

Would a set of Fuel Rails Be wise in this endeavor? This would also require a PSI regulator correct?

I haven't heard much on the DynoTune Kit or the Cold Fusion Kit either any info more then the website would be appreciated as these look to be quality kits but I would prefer to go off good feedback and reputation so i am looking into the TNT kit and possibly the ZEX kit.

I appreciate all the help guys
Old 02-05-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

The Racetronix setup is basically a drop in deal with a new fuel bucket. With the walbro/holley, you have to modify the stock bucket . The Racetronix is more money but either will work fine. Here's a write up on the walbro in the stock bucket.
http://www.public.asu.edu/~nicolasd/...mpinstall.html

As far as rails you shouldn't need to upgrade those right away, I'd wait and see how far you wanna go.
Pretty much any wet kit will work ok, I like dynotune as they have great customer service, and they are local to me.

How much are you looking to spray?
Old 02-05-2006, 02:25 PM
FormerVendor

The biggest difference between the Racetronix kit and the Walbro pump is that with the Racetronix kit you'll retain all the functiontaly of the factory fuel system. With a Walbro you'll loose the venturi system that keeps fuel in the fuel pump bucket. The enginers at GM put it in there for a reason, it's up to you if you want to keep it or not.

Matt
Old 02-05-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

theres not much of a point of upgrading your rails. There good to about 700rwhp FI. what i would do is upgrade your main feed line and place a T in it to go to your nitrous systems fuel noid. this is really only if your going over about 800rwhp(FI runs alot richer than nitrous).
Old 02-05-2006, 07:23 PM
12 Second Club

I wouldn't really look to spray any more then a 100shot, just based on the sole fact of Safety. I have saw plenty of cars spray a 150shot but I'm not sure. I have just over 50K and the top end is all "new" and resealed. What is the typical/recommended amount to spray a mild cam+full exhaust?
Old 02-05-2006, 09:27 PM
12 Second Club

on the dynotune and harris kits where do you mount the nozzle? and is there any good way to make a clean install of the solenoids?
Old 02-05-2006, 09:33 PM
FormerVendor

In between the throttle body and the MAF. Both kits come with a nozzle nut to secure the nozzle in the rubber bellow. If you are looking for a real clean install consider our Brute Force kit.

Matt
Old 02-05-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

Cold Fusion is a high quality kit, the only kit to come with a step by step Free installation dvd, comes with a lifetime warranty, and they are coming out with some really cool new products too. We'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about them feel free to call, pm, or email us!
Old 02-06-2006, 07:03 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for all the help guys so i should be safe for a 150 shot after i upgrade the fuel pump? As for a tune what all is needed/involved? Can i spray before a tune or just be patient and get a tune first?
Old 02-06-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 93threefour
should be safe for a 150 shot
OHHH first it was just 100, now its a 150 shot!!!!

Thats how nitrous works,its a drug.

Oh and I now notice you have a cam...I would try to get a tune in there and go a little easy on the timing. then get some TR6's and spray away

Have fun

Last edited by hondo; 02-06-2006 at 10:11 PM. Reason: blind justice
Old 02-06-2006, 07:28 PM
TECH Junkie

all of our nitrous sponsors seem to produce quality systems, and seem to provide excellent customer service. i would call around to the different ones and ask their opinion on your setup, as well as get prices. it would be a good idea to get a tune. a tune is cheaper than a new engine, although you probably could get away without one
Old 02-06-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just a quick note. Change the plugs to TR6s and if you're approaching that 150 shot.
Yes the Racetronix is worth the money and HIGHLY recomended. As far as kits
my Cold Fusion/ Nitrous Direct has IMPRESSED me. So much that when it came time for another kit they were my FIRST and ONLY choice!!!!!!!!!
Hawk