Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous newbie...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default nitrous newbie...

sup guys im a nitrous newbie and need a few answers to my questions....first off i bought a MAF kit from NX and ive basically got basic kit ( MAF ends with nozzles, jets, noids, electric tps sensor) what i need to know is what else do i need to have a safe, efficient system...theres got to be some more wiring, etc that i need...ive heard things about window switches and all that stuff...if someone can compile me a list id greatly appreciate it...

thanks
bubba
Old 02-05-2006, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by groundpoundinlt1
sup guys im a nitrous newbie and need a few answers to my questions....first off i bought a MAF kit from NX and ive basically got basic kit ( MAF ends with nozzles, jets, noids, electric tps sensor) what i need to know is what else do i need to have a safe, efficient system...theres got to be some more wiring, etc that i need...ive heard things about window switches and all that stuff...if someone can compile me a list id greatly appreciate it...

thanks
bubba
You'll want a window switch (especially if going in an M6), fuel pressure safety switch, and probably a bottle heater to maintain consistent bottle pressure. If you race alot of tracks require a blowdown tube also. I'm assuming your kit came with basics like a bottle gauge, etc. A purge is nice as well although hardly necessary.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Regular

what i listed is all i have....heres the thread on what i bought

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/445433-brand-new-nx-gemini-maf-conversion-kit.html

so with that said, i need a fuel safety switch, window switch, heater, blowdown tube, and a bottle gauge...of course a bottle also...what else??
Old 02-05-2006, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

If I were you, I'd go to NX's homepage (or TNT, NOS, etc) and just download the instructions and packing list for one of their complete systems. You need a lot of small things and a few big ones.

Bottle w/ gauge
Bottle brackets
Bottle Heater
Main nitrous feed line
Fuel line
Fuel pressure safety switch
Arming switch
Window switch
Relays for your solenoids and bottle heater
Fuses
Wire for all your electrical connections

This is just off the top of my head...
Old 02-05-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Regular

thanks...ill try to round up the packaging list...if you can think of anything else let me know...do i need a timing tuner? i seen those mentioned in other post

thanks for the help so far
bubba
Old 02-05-2006, 11:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bubba,
I would look into a GENX2 package for all your accessories.
This kit will have a automatic bottle heater,purge,fuel pressure safety switch,nitrous pressure gauge,nhra valve and blow down tube. I would also suggest a windo switch for safety. Then you will need a set of NGK TR6 spark plugs. Depending on what MODS you have and ghow much you are looking to spray you may need to upgrade you fuel system. If I can help with any tech advice or pricing please pm me.
Thanks
Dave
Old 02-05-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Regular

ok ill probably be in touch with you...i bascially will have just a full bolt on car for now...i considered fuel system upgraded but didnt know if im in need of it...so the GENX2 has everything i need minus what i have correct?? the TR-6 are already taken car of...i bought those the same day as i bought the kit...

thanks for you help and ill keep in touch
bubba
Old 02-05-2006, 11:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes,
The GENX2 will give you all the accessories in one package other than the window swith.
Dave