Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help figuring out wiring relays

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 12:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help figuring out wiring relays

I can't find the diagram I had. Must of been lost in the fire. Anyways can someone draw one up. I need it disable the nitrous when on the transbrake. When I let go of the brake I want it to engage the the nitrous. And if possible tie it into the fjo mini progressive controller I got. Any help would be great. Also can you do it with the pin #'s instead of color cause my colors are different than the ones I've seen in direction to nitrous kits. Thanks.

Srun
Old 02-12-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Junkie

I don't have a diagram, but can tell you exactly what to do:

Get urself a 5 pin relay. Run the power wire that comes from the nitrous arming switch and usually goes to the wot switch to the pin labeled 30 on the relay. Then run another wire from the pin labeled 87a to where that wire would've gone on the wot switch. Then run a ground to 85. And last, use one of those piggy back connectors to tap a wire into the wire going from ur transbrake button down to the transbrake solenoid and run that wire into the relay pin labeled 86. That should do it, but use a test light to test it. Just arm ur nitrous and put the test light on the 87a pin that has the wire goin to the wot switch, it should light up, then while holdin it there, hit ur t-brake button, the light should go out and while holdin the button, move the test light over to the 87 pin, and that should light up and when you let go of the t-brake button, it should go off and back to 87a. Hope that helps!
Old 02-13-2006, 01:25 AM
TECH Addict

thanks
Old 02-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by red90cobra
I can't find the diagram I had. Must of been lost in the fire. Anyways can someone draw one up. I need it disable the nitrous when on the transbrake. When I let go of the brake I want it to engage the the nitrous. And if possible tie it into the fjo mini progressive controller I got. Any help would be great. Also can you do it with the pin #'s instead of color cause my colors are different than the ones I've seen in direction to nitrous kits. Thanks.

Srun
If you have a mini controller from FJO no relay is needed. You will use the Trigger wire and set you stage to disable while power is on the trigger wire.
Ricky
Old 02-13-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
If you have a mini controller from FJO no relay is needed. You will use the Trigger wire and set you stage to disable while power is on the trigger wire.
Ricky

I thought the FJO needed a relay? Thats what was in the diagram you made for me a while back
Old 02-13-2006, 10:33 AM

No need for a relay to interupt the signal as in a transbrake. The system does need a relay but only the system

Ricky
Old 02-13-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

Ricky
now I'm confused.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:57 PM
TECH Junkie

now I'm confused.
Sorry I can't help ya with that one dude, I know nothing about controllers, my kit is dual staged and i'm using a digiset timer to control the second stage.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:59 AM

now I'm confused.
Sorry about that I have been told I can confuse poeple from time to time. lol
Ask Jeremy about that
take a look at this picture it might explain it better.

Ricky
Old 02-14-2006, 11:18 AM
TECH Addict

now I understand thanks.!!!
Old 02-14-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Ricky

Can I set to where it comes on when there's power to that or does it not work this way?
Old 02-14-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

Can I set to where it comes on when there's power to that or does it not work this way?
okay never mind since I run a relay for the transbrake I can just splice the the wire going to the transbrake to the trigger wire. I was just going to run a wire from the 87a to the trigger wire that way it would have power when I'm not on the brake but when I do it switches the power to 87. CAn I run it either way or does the fjo not support it that way.

Srun
Old 02-14-2006, 01:05 PM

The \FJO unit trigger wire give you 3 options if power is applied.
No change
Disable
Enable

These options are per stage. In the case of a transbrake, make sure you power on the trigger wire, while on the t-brake, And set the stage to Disable... That way you can floor it, while on the t-brake, will not fire the system. Once released the system will fire.

Ricky