Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new test:nx noid vs dynotune

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new test:nx noid vs dynotune

well i just tried my latest test, my last test was with both nx and dynotune large noids and they both worked well for me and gave me the power i needed, this time i was testing the smaller noids, i used a nx small noid with a .063 orifice rated at 150 rear wheel hp and a dynotune small noid with a .074 orifice rated at 175 flywheel hp, both were jetted with a .062 jet and pressure at 1000 psi, now the results , the nx noid gave me a max of 107 rwhp and it started tapering off slightly on the top end, the dynotune noid gave me 135 rwhp till redline, that just my results, its not to be biased in any way because there both good products but i just needed to check for myself in my aplication if the rating were real or not, once again both were tested with a .062 jet, i feel that if i had a larger jet in the dynotune noid i might have got a few more hp cause of the larger orifice in the noid, thank you for reading
Old 02-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

hmmm, interesting,,, Dry or wet.?
Ricky
Old 02-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

sorry forgot to mention it was with a single fogger dry kit, airfuel was around 11.6/1 and went slightly richer with the dynotune noid probally cause it was flowing more nitrous and the maf corrected for it
Old 02-13-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that's odd, and honestly something sounds really off.

Do you have the dynosheets?? I would like to see this....
Old 02-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Staging Lane

dont have printouts cause the dynojet i used was having printer problems, i always test and dyno different mods on my car and i ran each noid on the dyno twice
Old 02-13-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

things that make you go "hmmmmmmmmm"
Old 02-13-2006, 03:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This all seems sensible, two .062 in series is going to
restrict flow more than a .062/.073 tandem. Though I
have to question the sense of using a solenoid so close
in size to the fed nozzle, I would expect icing potential
as roughly half of the total pressure drop (hence temp
drop) is happening at the solenoid. Did you notice any
such thing esp. on the NX smaller-orifice one? Wonder
if there is any concern with condensation, icing keeping
the plunger from snapoing closed, esp. if you're in a
humid environment?
Old 02-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

i was thinking that with the nx noid that the reason it seemed to taper off on the top end was because it was freezing or icing if that is even possible im not sure, both noids felt to be the same external temp after use
Old 02-13-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What Jimmy said about tandem sized orifices is proven also in the 5177 redundant noids. they are about a .075 and are limited to about 140hp when running redundant, but can certainly push more hp when running just one.
Robert
Old 02-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by cbrtrx
i was thinking that with the nx noid that the reason it seemed to taper off on the top end was because it was freezing or icing if that is even possible im not sure, both noids felt to be the same external temp after use
No not possible inside the noid. At that location is nitrous only and the nitrous is moving. Now the out side may show signs of frost do to the temp drop, but inside the noid is only nitrous no water. The rating on the noid is on a wet kit, we have never tested the dry stuff YET. lol... Anyway still intereseting for sure.. Teh DynoTune with the larger orifice should have and did make more hp. Bigger hole more clean flow.
Ricky
Old 02-14-2006, 07:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Did you run the solonoids in line with each other? Or did you run one solonoid take it out and run the other? I was confused on the post and then the follow up posts? Thanks for posting we always like to see how are product does and the results say it all. If you can get the files we would be glad to post them. Just email them to us as we have the dynojet software. I knew there was a reason people keep buying our products - and I thought it was us

Dean
Old 02-16-2006, 02:14 AM
Staging Lane

i ran each noid by themselves, now my nitrous kit consists of nx and dynotune parts and i am very happy with it, thank you for good products
Old 02-16-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DynotuneN2O
Did you run the solonoids in line with each other? Or did you run one solonoid take it out and run the other? I was confused on the post and then the follow up posts? Thanks for posting we always like to see how are product does and the results say it all. If you can get the files we would be glad to post them. Just email them to us as we have the dynojet software. I knew there was a reason people keep buying our products - and I thought it was us

Dean
Dean the refernce to redundant noids came from the fact that the NX noid has an orifice of .063, then he was running a .062 jet. Meaning flow restriction, like what happens on the 5177 redundant .075 orifices in noids.
Robert
Old 02-19-2006, 03:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Yep, each and every orfice will create a pressure drop. Of course the size and also the design of the orfice will both contribute to just how much that pressure drop is....