Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nozzle shootout

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 04:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to see you're still around here David. Haven't seen you post much lately. Also good to see you guys are in for the comparison. I had a feeling that you would be game for this once you saw the thread on the forum.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:02 PM
10 Second Club

nxjeremy - i don't think we'll see no more than 5 rwhp difference between all the nozzles either. in my last deal, your shark nozzle made 8 rwhp more with a leaner .5-1 point a/f ratio. and when a/f ratios matched at 12:1, the shark still made 4.49 rwhp more. so, there is something in the nozzles.

the latest claim from cold fusion on their predator nozzle making more power sooner is one of the reasons for me wanting to do this. that and to stop some of the bickering amongst the crowd. while this won't end the debate, it will end some speculations. might create some more.

once this is done, i'm all for continuing the comparison of systems. i was working with ricky on finishing up comparing the ny-trex n2o solenoid, bottle valve and bottle nut adapter against the nx versions as the next step. unfortunately, the wife's car took a dump all over the race track. i will finish this test as well. then we'll have the first brand A to brand B complete system test finished. if any other vendor would like me to swap to their entire system, i will.

this is something that's been long in coming.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by David@TNT
I would think that you would use the exact same jet in all nozzles with only exceptions to nozzles that dont accept the typical shank, so just use that companys equal jet, just my .02

this is what i will be doing. the nx and ny-trex uses the nx jets. if your nozzle doesn't accept nx jets, please send me your .062"/.033" jets as well.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:09 PM
FormerVendor

mrr23- Exactly my thoughts on the hp differences between the top nozzles on the market right now. I'm am mainly interested in seeing the results of performing all of the pulls at the same point via the window switch and spraying for the same amount of time for each pull. I believe this will make the results of the predator nozzle drastically different than the graphs that were posted, and put it's curve graph more along the lines of the other nozzles. Also, by making the a/f the same between the nozzles I think it will bring the hp output of all of them to within +/- 4-7hp of each other.

The testing of complete system will be very interesting too I think. It will give some insight to the R&D that is put into making all the parts of a system work well together.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a predator nozzle to test yet?? If not I will "lend" you mine its all set for NX jets
Old 03-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Ok wow see I told yall 5 pages. but the jetting thing, keep the same set of jets no matter what. I might send you a special set just for the test is what we do not want to happen. If the other nozzles are the nos or some other style, just get a #10 bit and make them access the jets you currently have. Or if you have the nos style jets, you would need to use another drill bit to drill the NX fitting deeper... But I think the same jets no matter what should be used... just a thought....
NOW can we this get to 10pages... only time will tell....
Ricky
Old 03-02-2006, 04:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95ttoplt1
Do you have a predator nozzle to test yet?? If not I will "lend" you mine its all set for NX jets
sure, now you offer just after i ordered it last night. i'll keep you in mind if it doesn't show up soon.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Ok wow see I told yall 5 pages. but the jetting thing, keep the same set of jets no matter what. I might send you a special set just for the test is what we do not want to happen. If the other nozzles are the nos or some other style, just get a #10 bit and make them access the jets you currently have. Or if you have the nos style jets, you would need to use another drill bit to drill the NX fitting deeper... But I think the same jets no matter what should be used... just a thought....
NOW can we this get to 10pages... only time will tell....
Ricky
i will be using the same .062"/.033" NX jets that i used in the last test. i ordered the predator for NX style jets. the ny-trex comes with NX jets when you buy their system. the compucar is the screw in jet type. so, that one i will either not test it or just use it as a comparison over time in technology changes. it's well over 5+ years old. kinda see if what 383LQ4SS eluding to about technology over time. has it made the nozzles better or not much different.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is there any way you can make 100% positive that the jets are EXACTLY the same size? I would say run a drill through them all, but some might claim it screws up the flow design?? (I drill all my jets)
Old 03-02-2006, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

In the previous post he said he is using the same jets in all nozzles.
So if the same jets go from nozzle to nozzle, then it definetly rules out and jet tollerance.
*edit, except for the old-*** compucar nozzle

Originally Posted by ITSTOCK
Is there any way you can make 100% positive that the jets are EXACTLY the same size? I would say run a drill through them all, but some might claim it screws up the flow design?? (I drill all my jets)
Old 03-02-2006, 08:53 PM
10 Second Club

i will be using the same jets in each nozzle. i will only be changing the nozzles. nothing else. i will start off with the NX .062"/.033" jets. if there is an a/f ratio difference, then i will change out the fuel jet only to get the a/f ratio the same. this way, nitrous flow should be the constant. which is what the theory we are trying to test is about. the current claims of nozzles making more power and sooner with the same exact jets.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrr23
i will be using the same .062"/.033" NX jets that i used in the last test. i ordered the predator for NX style jets. the ny-trex comes with NX jets when you buy their system. the compucar is the screw in jet type. so, that one i will either not test it or just use it as a comparison over time in technology changes. it's well over 5+ years old. kinda see if what 383LQ4SS eluding to about technology over time. has it made the nozzles better or not much different.
5-years, try a nozzle from 25/30 years ago, then you'll see the nozzle development. A lot of the guys that have been responding to these nozzle posts probably weren't born or at least walking when the first nozzles hit the market. Can you say, spewing rather large droplets or nitrous inspired fuel.

On the many pieces of the puzzle thing, I htink if using a large enough orifice noid then the playing field will depend on nozzle. Meaning I think the same size jets should be used, and noting what the nozzle does power wise and a/f wise. Then do a picked standard a/f for another round. doing both will give much more insight into a nozzles performance. I think we will find that some nozzles are restrictive givin a set amount of n2o/fuel. and thus a major part of increased power, not to mention the atomization of different nozzles. let waring parties begin. How many think we will see some of this . Maybe some of this , and possibly some of this . Or do any think this may happen to mrr23's car testing all these wet dyno pulls. Just kidding mrr23.
Robert

Edit: I will beat Al's $55 and go a total of $56.02, but will be next week.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:23 AM
10 Second Club

the nitrous solenoid i will be using has a .125 orifice.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:38 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

If you want to use the CompuCar nozzle, send that puppy to me,,, I will modify the inlets to acept the new jets.... IF you want..Your nozzle might be 5 years olds, but its still the same design that is 15+years old. I use to sell compucar

Ricky
Old 03-03-2006, 02:38 PM
12 Second Club

I am very interesting in this as well. If you need a TNT nozzle you can borrow mine, but it looks like David@TNT will hook you up with a nozzle.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
If you want to use the CompuCar nozzle, send that puppy to me,,, I will modify the inlets to acept the new jets.... IF you want..Your nozzle might be 5 years olds, but its still the same design that is 15+years old. I use to sell compucar

Ricky
i want to test that as is. won't mean much in the scheme of things that we are comparing. just checking technology advancements.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

Sounds interesting. Reminds me of these guys http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/my...thbusters.html
Old 03-05-2006, 02:28 PM
10 Second Club

for those sending me stuff, it's time to do so. please let me know who's sending me stuff, and i'll PM you my address and phone number.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:59 PM
10 Second Club

I didn't feel like reading all of this, but what about the SPEEDTECH nozzle??
Old 03-07-2006, 07:23 AM
10 Second Club

if speedtech wants to send me one, or you send me one, or send me a link to get one, i can compare it as well.

Quick Reply: nozzle shootout