Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynotune purge MALFUNCTION!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynotune purge MALFUNCTION!

okay i used my purge last night for when i was racing the mr2 and now today it wont even work- its getting voltage i check all the wires the switch is working the ground is fine- SO WHAT COULD it be? the solenoid mabe fubard?
Old 03-07-2006, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

Maybe the solenoid is messed up...ugh that makes me a little uneasy about hooking up my dynotune wet kit. The kit is new and all, but if one solenoid gets stuck I'm F***ed. :/
Old 03-07-2006, 02:24 PM
FormerVendor

If you are getting power from the push button to the solenoid and it's not opening, then check the ground, check the solenoid for debris (unlikely that debris would keep it from opening though), and check to make sure the coil is not fried. If it's fried, it will smell burnt and you most likely won't be able to remove the coil from the tower. How long did you have power going to the purge solenoid?
Old 03-07-2006, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

i only purge it once every run not 3 times like suggesteed- only had power go to for about a second @ a time- so take out the purge solenoid- remove the top nut and see if something is burnt in their? This solenoid is only like 6 or 7 months old does dynotune have some sort of warranty?
Old 03-07-2006, 02:46 PM
FormerVendor

It shouldn't be fried then, but you never know. To take a look at it just remove the nut from the top of the solenoid. Once that's off, you should be able to slide the black can with the coil off of the tower. However, if the can/coil won't move then it is fried (the coil basically melts itself to the tower). You'll also be able to smell if it's burnt.

I'm sure Dynotune will work with you on it, they're great guys to deal with.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

well for now im gonna sue one of my old zex solenoids until i can get another dynotune solenoid
Old 03-07-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hope you mean 'use' a zex noid...

Originally Posted by 02Vortech
well for now im gonna sue one of my old zex solenoids until i can get another dynotune solenoid
Old 03-07-2006, 03:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by B.W.
Maybe the solenoid is messed up...ugh that makes me a little uneasy about hooking up my dynotune wet kit. The kit is new and all, but if one solenoid gets stuck I'm F***ed. :/

B.W.
We have 1000's of solonoids in the field - no need to worry. Especially not knowing the cause. The only solonoids we have gotten back that failed were either wired wrong giving the solonoid constant power for an extended period of time or getting some sort of debris in the solonoid. I am sure the other companies would agree.

Jeremy, Thanks for the good words!

Dean
Old 03-07-2006, 05:43 PM
TECH Veteran

did you have a very high bottle pressure? If its much above 1250-1300 many times the noids just wont open.

And no worries....if the noid fails shut it wont do much besides make you run rich.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Launching!

Are you sure it was not install error again? You sure do have lots of problems with nitrous installs. Did you open up the noid and check the coil?
Old 03-07-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

okay now it works i have no idea what is wrong- thanks
Old 03-07-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

bad ground or wiring
Old 03-07-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Veteran

too much bottle pressure..you said you had good voltage and a good ground. At what PSi did it stopped working? At what PSI did it start working?
Old 03-07-2006, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 86MC_SS
Are you sure it was not install error again? You sure do have lots of problems with nitrous installs. Did you open up the noid and check the coil?
I noticed this too. I applaud you for diving in head first, but I hope you are mapping all this stuff out on paper before you start installing. The more you do the better you will get. Just be careful. You do seem to have your fair share wiring threads.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

you cant beat my dumbass mistake of wiring the purge-both wires to ground (i did this at 2am) but dean knows i pm'ed him like 10 times all of which were wiring errors on my part. just have a friend who has installed them before. also, a part you might want to think of upgrading is the inlike 15 amp fuse, i blew mine instantly
Old 03-07-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Hennytime
you cant beat my dumbass mistake of wiring the purge-both wires to ground

LOL...it happens. I have done this EXACT same thing. I check the system out and it doesnt work. So I get my trusty mutlimeter and retrace my steps. Man...when you figure out you double grounded something you just want to bitch slap yourself
Old 03-07-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Addict

LOL 02 Vortech, ya might wanna change the thread title...since its not a defective noid.

I can see the vendors cringing when ya call up and say "Hey this is Vortech from the LS1tech boards I need some electronics..."
Old 03-07-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Macon
I noticed this too. I applaud you for diving in head first, but I hope you are mapping all this stuff out on paper before you start installing. The more you do the better you will get. Just be careful. You do seem to have your fair share wiring threads.
yea i will admit my wiring IS SHITTY- but i have no one to really help me @ home i do everything bye myself + limited supplies and other crap but this next time im soldiering all connector to the the FJO harness and it will be a damn clean install! now that i have done a couple installs i know what im doing once i get my FJO im rewiring the whole system- and will post pics-

thanks for all the help- im rewire it again when i do the FJO and make sure it is right now that i know what im doing

BTW WHERE SHOULD I MOUNT THE FJO- under the dash- in the glove box- under the hoood - ash tray? i dunno where do yall mount it most of the time

Last edited by 02Vortech; 03-07-2006 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
LOL 02 Vortech, ya might wanna change the thread title...since its not a defective noid.

I can see the vendors cringing when ya call up and say "Hey this is Vortech from the LS1tech boards I need some electronics..."

my bad- well @ first i thought i was the noid- b/c i checked all the connections and everything had 12volts going through it the switch is working and everything- Sorry im just trying to figure everything out right now- i dont have anyone in my family to follow when it comes to wiring and nitrous- im the first and my friends they are just waiting for me to blow up -
Old 03-08-2006, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02Vortech
my bad- well @ first i thought i was the noid- b/c i checked all the connections and everything had 12volts going through it the switch is working and everything- Sorry im just trying to figure everything out right now- i dont have anyone in my family to follow when it comes to wiring and nitrous- im the first and my friends they are just waiting for me to blow up -
all my friends are the same way, but you know its just they rent ready for the juice and are either envious or scared of it

Quick Reply: Dynotune purge MALFUNCTION!