Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 with Nitrous guys come in (and C5's)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pakisho
I raced this car this weekend. Its fast!!! Ive never had such an even race before. I mean, neither of us even got a fender on each other.
What were the times? You nitrous also?
Robert
Old 06-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This did not happen at the track.

My z06 has a low comp motor, procharger, stock heads, stock cam, no meth, longtubes with cats, etc.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pakisho
I raced this car this weekend. Its fast!!! Ive never had such an even race before. I mean, neither of us even got a fender on each other.
Hey that was an awesome race............it was the highlight of the drive up!!

It's rare that I actually have a car stay with me let alone fender to fender!!

Let me know when you get the video posted.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Where's them there pics at Noyzee? Also, there must be more installs and/or new guys to add to the pics? I will have new set-up pics soon (Hybrid multi stage).
Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 07-15-2007 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Remove non sponsor info
Old 11-18-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

Time to update your pics Robert

I rerouted the dry, and created a GIF showing my bottle install, here are the updated pics and animated Gif

Old 11-25-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by terry s
Robert:
I will try to get some install pics. I've really almost finished the install. I can't get 12V to the solenoids when I am in the window and at WOT
I am working on trouble shooting it but no luck so far. I'd hate to post pics of something that doesen't work.
Ok Robert, I finally got this sucker finished. I bet you gave up on me. I got it working earlier this summer and have been tinkering with it a little at a time. I had the wife make a bottle blanket for me and that was the last thing I had to do.

I need some one to tell me how to post the pics. I would like to put them in like Beer did with captions for each pic explaining the pic. Also what size do I need to get them down to so they are not too big?
Old 11-26-2006, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok Robert, I finally got this sucker finished. I bet you gave up on me. I got it working earlier this summer and have been tinkering with it a little at a time. I had the wife make a bottle blanket for me and that was the last thing I had to do.

I need some one to tell me how to post the pics. I would like to put them in like Beer did with captions for each pic explaining the pic. Also what size do I need to get them down to so they are not too big?
You need a place to host pics, and there are sites that do it for free, or ahve your your own web site-like through comcast. You can also use the manage attachments when posting and get them off your comp, but they have to be the right size. a 600 x 400 usually works pretty good and not to big.
Robert
Old 11-26-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Robert56@NitrousDirect
You need a place to host pics, and there are sites that do it for free, or ahve your your own web site-like through comcast. You can also use the manage attachments when posting and get them off your comp, but they have to be the right size. a 600 x 400 usually works pretty good and not to big.
Robert
I saw the manage attachments but I don't know how to get them attached with added comments.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

I saw the manage attachments but I don't know how to get them attached with added comments.
You would have to set them up in a program, like MS Word, Works, excell and then save new pic for uploading. I just type my comments above the pic, much easier.
Robert
Old 12-10-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

I put my pics in a word document and tried to up load through manage attachments, but I keep getting an error message. I copied the error message and sent it to the webmaster about a week ago but I have not received a response.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

email me your pics I will host em and send you the links. See my profile for email address.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

I put my pics in a word document and tried to up load through manage attachments, but I keep getting an error message. I copied the error message and sent it to the webmaster about a week ago but I have not received a response.
I may described it incorrectly. Once you have pics on computer, when you hit the browes button in manage attachments, it goes directly to your my pictures or such in MS. then yopu just click the pic you want and it loads address into manage.
Or you can set up an account here, it's free and just follow the directions, but you'll still will be down loading pics from your comp the same way, but they won't be minimized like using the sites manage attachments. It's basically a free Personal Web Site. here's mine.

http://www.fquick.com/robert56
Robert
Old 12-23-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Terry's Pics

Old 12-23-2006, 03:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

A big thanks to Beer for putting the pics up for me. Nothing fancy and a first time nitrous guy so nobody laugh. I did not try to hide it but just tried to keep the install neat and somewhat factory looking.

The solenoid bracket bolts to the head but has 4 silicone insulators so the solenoids stay so much cooler than they would without the insulators.

I have the nozzle mounted in the angled part of the coupler so it sprays at the center of the throttle body instead of down the side. The nozzle is also rotated up slightly so the spray is pointed just above the throttle shaft.

The switch plate is homemade for the fire & ice heater, arm switch, bottle opener and purge button.

I have a micro switch on the shifter. When I hold the button down it keeps the nitrous off for those times when traction is a problem such as 1st gear.

The LED next to the nitrous guage is bright blue and comes on anytime the solenoids are activated. The LED next to the fuel guage is red and comes on if the solenoids are activated and the fuel pressure falls below the psi the fuel pressure safety switch is set at. The FPSS is to the right of the solenoids.

The next pic is the right side of the driver's footwell. The toggle switch on the left turns the high speed fans on and the rocker switch is for the orange bottle heater. The clear LED's are blue on the left tells when the high speed cooling fans are on, the center one is yellow for the bottle heater and the right one is red for the low speed cooling fans.

My FJO 2 channel wideband control box is under the pass. seat with a piece of cheap auto store carpet over it.

The bottle blanket is home made from grey ironing board material with 1" fiberglass insulation inside. It completly wraps the bottle except for where the fire & ice unit is.

The car is a stock 02 Z06. I did run a bottle through it with a 50 shot. After some data logging and a couple of jet changes everything works as planned. The FJO was a life (engine) saver. The NX recomended jetting was much too lean. It was nice to see the blue LED go out and know the solenoids were closed anytime the AFR got out of the limits I have set.

I'm just waiting for spring to refill the bottle and put in the 100 shot jets.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nice job, congrats, and all the bells and whistles.
Robert
Old 12-26-2006, 02:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vettjunky
Yes I did the install myself (would have it no other way). I ordered everything from Nitro Dave in Texas.

The 200 shot is all at once, and I also have an acumalator to keep from draining the fuel rail. When I first installed it I would get a huge stall and then a major blast. Once I added the acumalator it's as smooth as can be. Right now I have Nitto's on it so I break loose half the track. On the 1/8th I did a 7.00 even with a 1.72 60ft at 102mph. I haven't had a chance to get out to the 1/4 mile track yet. It's an automatic with a 3200 stall. I'm putting the 225cc AFR heads on it tomorrow, and my slicks should be here sometime next week. I'll let you know what the times are when I get it to the track.

Oh and the nitrous fires at 3,000 rpm at full throttle only.

Is that better on the size..........

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Greg,
Your car is still one of my favorites.

I need to get some info from you to update your area on our website.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/custome...ails.asp?id=20
Dave
Old 12-26-2006, 02:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Terry,
Your install turned out real nice. I sent you a pm...
Dave
Old 07-15-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Noyzee
i'll get some good pics asap
Been over a year now?
Robert
Old 07-15-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well I guess I should add my pics, seeing I started the thread. Better late than never.

Command Center: HP Tuner, LM1 WideBand, Beer Sw panel

Cobalt Gauges, Shift light

1st and 2nd stages on custom SS mount, and all Polished SS fittings

3rd Stage Wet, mock up pic (being converted to dry)

Dual 15lb'ers view from trunk

More to follow
Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 07-15-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Quad Dry nozzles on Vararam

1st gear lock out micro sw for 2nd and 3rd stages

"Bull Nostril" purge (low bottle)

Beer Z06 sw panel

Bottles from front

Wiring center

More to come
Robert

Quick Reply: Z06 with Nitrous guys come in (and C5's)