Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Racetested/Wizards of NOS kits?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a chance to read the first linked post - Did anyone else find this phrase funny?

<<persoanlly for me, only the very best gets used in my celica.>>
Old 09-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Restricted User

Trev is ******* self-righteous ***. I haven't read the entire "debate" thread, but he linked to his post, on his site, where he states 10 reasons why his poly is superior, but gives zero technical support/data etc.. so even his own "fact" is his speculation. I actually talked to him once, and that was more than I could stomach. ******* *******.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by pigpen
I got a chance to read the first linked post - Did anyone else find this phrase funny?

<<persoanlly for me, only the very best gets used in my celica.>>
Yes.

Originally Posted by CAT3
Trev is ******* self-righteous ***. I haven't read the entire "debate" thread, but he linked to his post, on his site, where he states 10 reasons why his poly is superior, but gives zero technical support/data etc.. so even his own "fact" is his speculation. I actually talked to him once, and that was more than I could stomach. ******* *******.
Yes!
Old 09-02-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
He blatantly admits that he really doesn't know what is happening with the nitrous because he is not a chemical engineer in several other posts, yet all he talks about are phase changes and whatnot with the poly lines... constantly stepping on his own toes. lol
Old 09-02-2006, 06:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Somebody09
Ok it's not WoN, but I got this from their site, and...

http://www.midlandsnitrous.co.uk/con...en-uk/d12.html

Holy ****! lol look at the packaging of this nitrous kit. Are they freakin' serious? Do they actually send their crap out like that? My motherboard didn't even get all that foam and it's actually sensitive to shocks and vibrations. OVERKILL!

crap - have you bought one? crap compared to what exactly?

Hello board its Chris from Midlands. That foam is serious it presents the kit in a nice way - Its not for protection from vibrations that much is true - I mean the parts are robust enough - Could of stuck it all in a jiffy bag but then that would look naff but if its crap then maybe i should !. Image is everything isnt it?

Holy **** #2! $757.10 for only like 25 flywheel HP?! and a shiny 5lb bottle? I bet it's all that extra foam and the useless cardboard box. RIP OFF!

Thats a cool price - those hoses are the dogs too - The thing is if you take note then the kit can be updated by swap out of jets to 200 bhp so its just a base for beginners. I guess when you take into consideration that other suppliers like the Gizz are supplying just bottles at a price around £200 then the kit is suddenly starting to look attractive. Its a sad day when so called experts this side of the water see profits as being more important - I mean those bottles are obtainable new from luxfer for £50 - We try to look after our customers and that includes not ripping them off in the first place.

The only thing I like is the extremely shiny flow thru adapter they have:

PRETTY!

Why thank you - very shiney.

Oh, and wtf are "FIDDLY OLIVES"?
Fiddly olives are the ones that Gizz uses but im sure you ought to know that considering you are educated enough to say that our kit is crap!!
Old 09-02-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by midlands
Fiddly olives are the ones that Gizz uses but im sure you ought to know that considering you are educated enough to say that our kit is crap!!
Well I'm not saying your kit is crap as in poor quality, or piece of junk, etc. I haven't used it yet, so I can't begin to say that. Example: "After my shower, I just threw on some crap to go down stairs and eat breakfast." Do I wear excrement? No! Not after a shower I don't! I use crap like "stuff." To me, and many others (I'm sure), it's a very generic word with many meanings... like the F-word. (best audio recording ever btw) Either way, all that foam must be setting you back something.

I still think over $750 for a basic kit is a bit extreme, but maybe it's just me. I paid $499 for mine and it flows up to 300 HP with just a jet change and one hose change ($35 extra).

I still have no idea what fiddly olives are, and gizz??? Do I even want to know!?
Old 09-02-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
He has some valid points. However its really nothing we ALL havent discussed here before and all pretty much agreed on...besides the nylon line issue.

However...the issue with maximizing the density of the nitrous at all costs is not universal.

Just like past discussion here about a TNT kit with 100 jets making 125 rwhp vs an NOS kit with 100 jets making 95 hp. Can the NOS kit be jetted to make 125 rwhp? of course it can. Its all just a question of MASS flow. So in each case if your objective is to gain exactly 125 rwhp it can be done with both.
This is where his arguments really don't hold water. Yea, he may have valid facts, but do they really matter? If want 175rwhp, then jet it that way, regardless of kit or type of line.

Same goes for nitrous density. If you are atempting to squeeze out every last drop of HP when you are limited on VE then by all means apply the things he is talking about. But if you want a 75 shot.....hook a kit up and spray it until you get 75 hp. You can do that with a $350 kit as well as a $2000 kit.

On the subject of combustion temp reduction vs detonation...I think he may have something there. The less transfer of energy wasted on cooling the lines, noids , intake tract, intake manifold, intake port, back of intake valve....has to aid in cooling combustion temps...in turn possibly reducing detonation.
Man, I must have some of the wizard's gene pool in me, as I figured this out seemingly on my own. I have been wrapping in insulation my main feed line and some of my noid area for some time to fight the heat issue. I also believe if you can keep things cooler in the begining then less n2o will be needed to reduce temps when spraying. However, when purging most of the transfered engine heat is displaced anyhow, at least upto and through your nitrous noid.

However those principles can be applied to any kit....and really only will work with a direct port IMO. It will work with a typical 150 shot in the TB but the differences in keeping cross sectional area and exxpansion areas within the lines,noids, nozzle, distibution block IMO would pale in comparison to the physical location of the nozzle.
Robert
Old 09-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Somebody09
Well I'm not saying your kit is crap as in poor quality, or piece of junk, etc. I haven't used it yet, so I can't begin to say that. Example: "After my shower, I just threw on some crap to go down stairs and eat breakfast." Do I wear excrement? No! LMAO - how true im always throwing crap on Not after a shower I don't! I use crap like "stuff." To me, and many others (I'm sure), it's a very generic word with many meanings... like the F-word. (best audio recording ever btw) Either way, all that foam must be setting you back something.

Sure dude that foam is Hell expensive but when you open up that box its like when you run downstairs on christmas morning and cant wait to open your first present and when you do ..........

I still think over $750 for a basic kit is a bit extreme, but maybe it's just me. I paid $499 for mine and it flows up to 300 HP with just a jet change and one hose change ($35 extra).

Life in UK is not cheap - we do free jets and the system can take up to 200 anyway - most peeps over here are happy with 75 shots in street cars...Example if i buy a book in the UK which is priced at $30 in the US it costs £30 - hmm??? never did quite work that one out but anyway....

I still have no idea what fiddly olives are, and gizz??? Do I even want to know!?
The great gizz or wizz or wizard or just plain old Trev - Fiddly olives is what you buy from the plumb center to stick on your nylon pipe - Watch out its going to go massive in the US sometime soon lol...
Old 09-02-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by midlands
The great gizz or wizz or wizard or just plain old Trev - Fiddly olives is what you buy from the plumb center to stick on your nylon pipe - Watch out its going to go massive in the US sometime soon lol...
I surely don't see that happening in my lifetime.
Robert
Old 09-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Launching!

Fiddly Olive is british talk for compresion fittings I think. But then again it could be a made up word.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by farnoush
Haha, I dont even frequent this nitrous section very much but I knew how this thread would turn out before clicking on it. I cant believe I actually read that jackasses book. That guy has his head so far up his *** its not even funny. Heres the cliff notes from the book to save you guys some time and money. "My WON products are the best. I created nitrous oxide. NOS , NX, zex, any company besides mine sucks. Stainless braided line for nitrous isnt good, use my cheap plastic hoses. I quadrupled the horsepower on my james bond gokart with the power of NAAWWWSSS.
LOL!!!
Old 09-06-2006, 12:57 PM
TECH Veteran

what a bunch of clowns. Roberts debate thread was deleted. As well as all my replies in a thread in the advanced discussion area.

I guess he didnt like the fact that someone else could enlighten him to a fact or two that he was wrong about. I was even very courteous....and held back ALOT. Next time I wont be so nice and expose him for the real retard he is. I was giving him alot of benifit of the doubt. His principles that he so dearly holds on to amount to nothing on the average street car. IMO his kits are a comlpete rip off and his bashing of US companies has ZERO basis. He has alot of experiance...unfortunately its not all correct or applied in a logical even manner. Too much emphasis is placed on obscure notions.....just to be different. It doesnt make that kit any more effective....just overpriced and VERY limited.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yea, when i got the notice that site was down, and oh by the way we lost some threads, I knew exactly what he was up to. I am suprised they haven't banned us yet for actually debating the wizard. Man I don't like to be judgemental, but man what a bunch of AZZCLOWNS. They prob relised that many were following the posts and would see them for what they are, You out there be your own judge. I never really fell for none of it, but they can talk a load, that's for sure. Now how much real knowledge is there, well some for sure, but how much is circle talk? I don't think I'll be wasting my time till this winter, when I can really play word tag , as I usually like to think before I type.
Robert
Old 09-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Teching In

lol - you guys kick ****....

The WIZ has a scrapyard next door to his empire (which he owns) and he had some clown call me when i posted some photos saying that it was some other business and threats were thick and fast - like i didn't do my homework lol...Anyhow ALL posts that call into question anything that HP do or say are deleted from their site - the guy is totally out of touch - UP **** SUCKS.

Olives are basically compression glands - yep..

Incidentally has anyone ever heard that PTFE is permeable to nitrous?

If you can say ME, I, MINE, 25 years EXPERIENCE, PULSOIDS, DENSITY and ME, MINE, and I three times whilst juggling olives under a bonnet and using the other hand to fix in place flimsy nyloubbish and without taking an additional breath or dropping anything then TREV will be your friend..............maybe

Poor Robert you didn't stand a chance no one ever does - well it is his site so what would you expect...lol - very interesting posts though dude just hard work for the GIZZ
Old 09-08-2006, 06:38 PM
TECH Veteran

your right...that was a complete waste of our time. I had about 10 long posts with good discussion in there...all gone and replaced by his SPEWING crap!!!!!

well thats ok...they will be stuck in thier own little world with blinders on.

And for the record....I think that ****** copied my on demad nitrogen push setup using a pressure switch and 3000 psi noid and sells it now. He may have had a setup long before me...with a REGULATOR....but I am pretty certain he ripped tha idea for the pressure switch/3000 psi noid from right here on this site. And i wouldnt care except he claims its all his idea. My posts on that design where much older than anything he ever had.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yea, all they seem interested in is alienating those who would be interested and/or help get a positive word out for them. Who would want to deal with "slithering tonged bunch of know it alls"?
You know what else I find funny, the fact that when you get an e-mail notice of a reply, it dose not show what was said. Most all sites let you read what was typed, and then it's on record even if the original poster deletes. They seem to have all the bases covered for their propaganda.
Robert
Old 09-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Teching In

I bought some of racetested's nifty little bottle brackets with the ***** on them so I didnt have to mess around with grabbing wrenches every time I replace the bottle. Soon after that I learned of their philosophy and wished I hadnt even given any money towards their cause
Old 09-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Back from the dead, but did anyone else see this?

Old 09-21-2006, 12:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Helmsdini
Back from the dead, but did anyone else see this?

The noids and lines I use would empty his go-kart bottle. I wonder if he has any real experiance with American Muscle?
Robert
Old 09-21-2006, 02:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

LMAO at that Celica comment.

Then like a ******* tool in the thread where all of 383's posts got deleted he says, "I'm not much for laws" or something to that degree. You ******* idiot, I hope you read this and realize how much of an arrogant douche you are. Not much for laws..... hmmmm, they're called that for a reason, it's not like they change or anything, it's fact, physics, permanent, whatever you want to call it. Not even your NOS wizardry can change it.

Not to mention his name Wizards of NOS.... Congrats, you're the wizard of just one of many reputable nitrous system suppliers in the U.S. That doesn't mean you know dick about NITROUS which is the element used for amplifying a motor's performance. Maybe you should make sure you don't look like a ricer before you go bashing them like you did with your F&F comment.

Goooooooooood God I can't stand those types of people

/rant

Quick Reply: Anyone using Racetested/Wizards of NOS kits?