Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should the nitro dave plate system make a noise?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 03:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phoenix 5.7
i think he ment that they quit tuning it cause they thougth they had a vacuume leak, not that the plate caused it to run bad
that is correct.

Dave, we did try spraying carb cleaner all over the place,but we found nothing. since I had swapped to a FAST intake we were thinking that it could only be leaking from between the different parts of the intake. i ment nothing bad about the plate what so ever, i just wish i had seen this post before i went to the dyno to get a tune. not the plate's fault at all. nor me or my tuner for that matter, we were just playing it safe and didn't want to continue pounding on the engine without knowing exactly where the sound was comming from. especially since we were unsure if it was a vaccuem leak or not. but as i said in my first post thanks to all for posting this info, prevented me from taking my intake back off. i took the plate off, and let it run for a while at different RPM's . no noise. so the plate went back on, and the intake remained on. now i just have to get the car back to the tuner so we can finish what we had started.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Taking your time and double checking is the best smartest way to play this game. It works out a lot cheaper in the long run.

Seeing this post blows me away. I know its not a big deal and is common but I never heard it on the cars we tested the plate on.
Dave

Quick Reply: Should the nitro dave plate system make a noise?