Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

when you street race do people get mad that you use nitrous??

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Most people get pissed off when I spray them only cause they lost.

-Chris
Old 10-19-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Run whatcha brung if thats not enough change the jets.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love when people get pissy when i have spray hooked up. They say they won't run me and all that jazz.. so i take the bottle out and tell them i'm ready.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:06 AM
11 Second Club

Not like a turbocharger or supercharger? A "power-adder" is just that regardless of how it does so. As a matter of fact it was one of the first power adders used on hot rods not to mention planes during WWII. A motor is essentially just a big azz air pump and introducing more air into it makes more power hence "power adder". Who really gives a **** how it gets into the cylinder so long as it does? As for being N/A that is fine for the "all motor" folks but bang for the buck; there is no way you are going to beat the gas - PERIOD. To do it N/A you will be spending $$$ on heads and cam (At least), turbo kits = $$$$$$ and superchargers = $$$$, nitrous = $$. Nitrous has gotten a bad rap for years over mainly stupid **** done and said by people that blew stuff up. I love hearing some of the supposed nitrous horror stories, there are always the same caliber of people. I have owned and currently own both nitrous and turbo cars and have made mistakes with both but I will always have a soft spot in my heart for nitrous powered cars (We like anything that will cool us off here in the South. Besides, some of us like our power adders like we like our women - WIDE OPEN or off!!! J/K

Jim C.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Resident

i agree with most of you. run what you brung, or pack up and go home. fast is fast is fast. no matter how you do it. my friend with a evo wont race me cause he says spraying is cheating, then i say take off your turbo, he says but you have a V-8, then i say you have AWD...etc. a win is a win. i have beat him before without it(before his cams went in), now its just a matter of grinding him into the floor in front of his other evo friends. you cant complain about cheap power. besides, building a forged motor that can handle a 300 shot, is more than fine with me.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jamesSS
i agree with most of you. run what you brung, or pack up and go home. fast is fast is fast. no matter how you do it. my friend with a evo wont race me cause he says spraying is cheating, then i say take off your turbo, he says but you have a V-8, then i say you have AWD...etc. a win is a win. i have beat him before without it(before his cams went in), now its just a matter of grinding him into the floor in front of his other evo friends. you cant complain about cheap power. besides, building a forged motor that can handle a 300 shot, is more than fine with me.
exactly what i said earlier
Old 10-19-2006, 02:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

the reasons people hate racing nitrous cars is cuz u can have a pretty much stock car with nitrous and u can only guess what size shot he's not so much with a turbo or supercharged car. . nitrous is just too tricky to guess what the car is REALLY putting down . .
Old 10-19-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

peopl;e are always mad when they lose, who cares.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

If they were smart, they would be sure the car was NA before the run. If they find a kit and still race, they only have themselves to blame. I hate all these stories you here about people getting pissed because they lost and then found out the winner was spraying. Do your ******* research first then numb nut! This is why I have yet to run for money. You never know what the other guy has. Sure you can think I am a wus or something, but money is tight. I would rather spend it on the track or another mod.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't hate the sprayer,hate the game
BTLFEDSS
Old 10-19-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I look at it like this:about 10 years ago I use to get in alot of street fights and on a few occasions when I win thet would send their friends after me.On one particullar occasion I was confronted by a buddy of a guy I beat,well he was WELL over 6ft tal and about 250 at the time I was 5ft10 and about 180 well as he was beating the snot out of me and kicking me on the ground I picked up a handfull of dirt and threw it in his eyes and kick him a few times between the legs,well you get the idea.Alot of people out side the bar said it was cheating unfair,but hey he was alot bigger ,taller stronger,but did what I had to do.So in a street fight or in this case street race winning is winng.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by we_todd_did
nothing beats nitrous on the street.
At the risk of sounding kinda dumb, does everybody here endorse street racing? Isn't there any respect for your car and lives?

I guess it's just culture shock from the other car forums...
Old 10-19-2006, 03:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Silver1969Camaro
At the risk of sounding kinda dumb, does everybody here endorse street racing? Isn't there any respect for your car and lives?

I guess it's just culture shock from the other car forums...
Please dont get that started again that is all we need is this to turn into 20 pages of blah blah blah.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have nitrous but I rarely use it. The thing that I hate about having it is that if you don't use it and you win, then everyone says you HAD to have sprayed. Even if the bottle is at the house and you let them see the feedline RIGHT before the race And if you DO use it, then you had to have the spray to win

On the other hand while I was just bolt-ons I had a run lined up with what was suppose to be a small stalled, bolt-on LS1 car with a 100 shot. He was upfront that he had juice, so was I. We agreed to run a few on and off the bottle, just for fun.

Well when he starts the car he NEVER let it idle Well we line them up and he just kicks my *** on the "motor" runs Then we run on what is suppose to be bottle-bottle and with mine only having 3lbs in a 15lb bottle I didn't do much better, and neither did he to my surprise.

End of the runs and the car idles and sure enough, chop, chop, chop. Has a cam, and also was rolling on ET Streets, and the guy never runs less than a 200 shot, stall was nowhere near small. Yeah he sprayed me everytime

But I didn't whine or make excuses, just said good runs, fast car, and went on my way. It did **** me off that the guy lied about EVERYTHING, and for what reason? So yeah, you got spray, cool, but I hate when people lie about it over a friendly race
Old 10-19-2006, 06:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by So-GT0071
I disagree completely.

Power all the time > power sometimes

People can say it is "like" a turbo or supercharger all they want, but I still disagree, and that is ok. Everyone has their own opinions. I just don't see nitrous as a legit power adder unless it is a straight track car lookin to break records or something, even then I still think it is iffy. To me, nitrous on a car is like steroids to an athlete.
As long as your car is in my rear view mirror its legit to me.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Resident

I raced a 2004 cobra with nitrous and the only reason he won was that he sprayed, he even told me that at the end of the race. I did not get pissed at all, now I can't wait to get an F1 kit for my car. Saying that spray cheating is bull ****, everyone can agree that No2 makes your car go faster, well so does a big cam and stall. Is that cheating too?
Old 10-19-2006, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

like i said. Its the UNEDUCATED people.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

Default I'm tired...

Everytime you out run someone it had to be on spray... even if the bottle is not hooked up or empty. The just can't take losing.. I have cobras that want to race with pulley LT's full exhaust but they don't want me to spray. So i pull out my knife and say "if I can't run my power adder then you can't either, pop your hood and I'll cut your blower belt!!" always gets them pissy!!
Old 10-19-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

if i beat somebody on the spray, like SLAUGHTER them, i'll always run it back on motor. or vice versa, if i get beat on motor, i expect to run it back with me spraying.

faster/slicked cars i usually ask for my spray vs. thier motor.

using the spray isn't cheating, but if i don't need it i won't use it. i'd rather lose by 1/2 carlength than use the spray on that person because i KNOW what the outcome will be if i juice it.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:37 PM
12 Second Club

i have ran many people and alredy i hear rummer of me being on the bottle.. now imagine when i do run it. haha

Quick Reply: when you street race do people get mad that you use nitrous??