Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

when you street race do people get mad that you use nitrous??

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 12:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nitrous i run 11.6 on ET streets, N/A a certain local honda runs 11.6

I beat him from a stop on the street and get called cheating, yet we run the same times just i add a part on that isnt usually on when im normally driving. Kinda like adding boost with an in-cabin EBC.

Tell em to quit whinning and get a pay up. They must have ***** envy.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My motor isn't a power-adder - because it's not on all the time.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:06 AM
Launching!

Whoever implied the "uneducated" statement towards me needs to wake up. I'm expressing my opinion just as you are. Niether one is right nor wrong, it is simply point of view. I may still be in highschool, but that does not mean I am dumb. Please do not insult my intelligence because you think your point of view is more correct then my own.

Now back to the discussion at hand. Nitrous takes tuning and time, I'm aware of that. But all I am trying to say is that it isn't near as respectable( To me) as a built car....everyone and their brother seems to be running nitrous, so when I see a naturally aspirated LS1 car running 10's, I think "Wow, that's cool!" But then it just isn't the same when they use nitrous to get there.
I realize I'm fighting a losing battle trying to argue against nitrous users in the nitrous forum of all places......but hey, the discussion came up
Old 10-20-2006, 03:10 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by brad8266
As long as your car is in my rear view mirror its legit to me.
Truck
Old 10-20-2006, 04:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by So-GT0071
Whoever implied the "uneducated" statement towards me needs to wake up. I'm expressing my opinion just as you are. Niether one is right nor wrong, it is simply point of view. I may still be in highschool, but that does not mean I am dumb. Please do not insult my intelligence because you think your point of view is more correct then my own.

Now back to the discussion at hand. Nitrous takes tuning and time, I'm aware of that. But all I am trying to say is that it isn't near as respectable( To me) as a built car....everyone and their brother seems to be running nitrous, so when I see a naturally aspirated LS1 car running 10's, I think "Wow, that's cool!" But then it just isn't the same when they use nitrous to get there.
I realize I'm fighting a losing battle trying to argue against nitrous users in the nitrous forum of all places......but hey, the discussion came up
There was a kid around here that said the same thing. All the older guys told him "once you go nitrous, you never come back"
Old 10-20-2006, 04:43 AM
12 Second Club

i dont understand people that have a problem with me spraying on the street and calling it cheatin. who gives a **** whats under the hood or if someone is "spraying" when your street racing. Its Run whatcha brung. sorry that i spent 1 G and put an extra 200HP to the wheels from nitrous. Its not my fault that you wanted to spend 5gs on a turbo only to get 150 more HP at the wheels. Those ******* are haters. just had to vent, that is all, goodnite
Old 10-20-2006, 05:04 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Nitrous takes tuning and time, I'm aware of that. But all I am trying to say is that it isn't near as respectable( To me) as a built car....everyone and their brother seems to be running nitrous
Ever see what it takes to really run any sizable amount of nitrous... not a kiddie 100 or 150 host, I'm talking big boy stuff, 250, 300, maybe more! You're gonna do more building of that car then you even want to know of. You see a car run 11/x on motor and a low 9 on the bottle... respect it. That guy has his **** together, and has a seriously built car... nitrous will break stuff like there's no tomorrow if not done correctly, and there's still a good risk once you start playing with the big setups. It's not a joke when you're making over 800 hp.... just like any other setup, wether it be turbo, blower, or a 700CI big block.

You've neer seen/ridden in a serious nitrous car I'm sure, you've seen guys with all the typical 100-150 stuff. If you ever get a chance to get a ride in a car that's got a good 250 or bigger hit.. go for it, you'll probably change your mind about nitrous.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Ever see what it takes to really run any sizable amount of nitrous... not a kiddie 100 or 150 host, I'm talking big boy stuff, 250, 300, maybe more! You're gonna do more building of that car then you even want to know of. You see a car run 11/x on motor and a low 9 on the bottle... respect it. That guy has his **** together, and has a seriously built car... nitrous will break stuff like there's no tomorrow if not done correctly, and there's still a good risk once you start playing with the big setups. It's not a joke when you're making over 800 hp.... just like any other setup, wether it be turbo, blower, or a 700CI big block.

You've neer seen/ridden in a serious nitrous car I'm sure, you've seen guys with all the typical 100-150 stuff. If you ever get a chance to get a ride in a car that's got a good 250 or bigger hit.. go for it, you'll probably change your mind about nitrous.
The big shots require the ******* stars to be aligned, lol. Tune has to be right, nitrous system must be right, fuel system must be right, and the bottom end should designed to handle the big shot. The small shots are pretty simple though and yet there are plenty that do major engine damage with 100 shots too.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

I think street racing is "run whatcha brung" , but then I never street race,
"I aum only riding along tuning my car,
I did not know why the other car was trying to catch up"
Old 10-20-2006, 08:45 AM
11 Second Club

I get sick of hearing "close the bottle". I'm not closing **** unless its a friend of mine that just wants to run.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:13 AM
12 Second Club

All is fair in love, war and STREET RACING.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if ya ever notice....when people lose...they tend to bring up an excuse of some sort. if your using nitrous, that'll be it!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.....STOP BITCHIN ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE USING NITROUS.

theres no secret handshake required for you to get some of your own. remember the saying, "if ya cant beat em, join em!?!?"

since when is nitrous not considered a "power adder"...c;mon. this is just as bad as the Chevy vs. Ford fights that go on. give it a rest allready.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Launching!

People who are uneducated about nitrous are the ones who complain about it. If you have a properly set up nitrous system it is going to cost your a lot more money than you think.

I just dont get it. If you are street racing someone and they have a blower for instance. You are running nitrous and you bet them. Then they start complaining about the bottle. So they tell you to take the bottle off and see what happens. So you tell them to take that blower off and see what happens but yet they dont want to do that for some reason Or if you are spraying on your stock 346 and beat some guy with a n/a 402. He says the same things as the guy with the blower. So you tell him to take out that 402 but he doesnt want to do that either

Its ******* double standards. Pisses me off.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Unfortunately Nitrous has as certain "VooDoo" effect. It seems so easy and uncomplicated on the outside that this guy just hits a button and takes off. It's just different for people & they have trouble understanding it. I don't have nitrous on the T/A YET! but I have had it on other cars in the past, I always just tell them that the bottle is in like it or not, if they want to race fine if not then that is fine to. Unless it's just a friendly race.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BTLFEDSS
Don't hate the sprayer,hate the game
BTLFEDSS
Old 10-20-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

HEY Nitrous Haters I just get to laugh as I blow by you!
Old 10-20-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BTLFEDSS
Don't hate the sprayer,hate the game
BTLFEDSS
X2

Putting a 150 shot on a car is pretty much like running a turbo @ low boost. Both are forcing something into the combostion chamber to make the car go faster.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I used to think the same thing......................

Untill.............

My 200 shot kicks iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnn
Old 10-20-2006, 07:38 PM
12 Second Club

Ive seen that car at Outlaw
Old 10-20-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Hahha, that reminds me of a little story! I took one of my buddies from work for a ride in the Z, cuz I wanted him to watch my o2's on the laptop cuz I was doin some testing with the 300 shot. We went out about midnight onto the highway, had the slicks on to make sure she hooked, and I kicked it down to 2nd and floored it and I think he about **** himself, I was like where are the o2's at and he doesn't answer me, so I look over out of the corner of my eye and I see him gripping the cage and like holding on for dear life, I let off and couldn't stop laughing, reached over, stopped the record and was like well yeah, you were a big help there!!!! hahahah

Quick Reply: when you street race do people get mad that you use nitrous??