Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check this out! NEW Nitrous Product @ SEMA

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so what's preventing me from taking my welding tank down and having it filled with nitrogen and then every few blasts of nos, hook up the nitrogen to my N2O bottle and pressure it up? All I'd need is a check valve. And it wouldn't cost me $600.

Last edited by Todd157k; 11-09-2006 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

cyipher - How well does it work with that small of a nitrogen bottle?
Old 11-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Banned

Just thought of another question for those that are currently doing this...

What happens when your N2O is all gone and you start feeding Nitrogen into your motor?
Old 11-09-2006, 10:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bad Habit Bird
Pressure vs. Volume. at 4000 psi / 5 lb bottle, it could fill a 10 lb n2o bottle with 1000 psi. approx. 2 times from empty. (atmospheric conditions apply) If the n2o isn't empty, the Nitrogen could top it off several times.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cyipher
*EDIT* Kris you dont belong in this section...
In case you didn't know I have just aquired a brand new HSW nitrous kit. Just need to get get my clutch and a few other goodies and you'll see what's up.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The way it works is, normally depending on bottle manf. there are three ports on the valve, one is for a gauge, one is for the bust disk, and one is un used. the way it works is the un used port gets a fitting and check valve. Then HPA or nitrogen is used to pressurise the nitrous. this happens because nitrogen does not compress into a liquid. so at the bottom of the bottle you have compressed liquid nitrous and above that you have a layer of nitrogen pushing down on it and up the dip tube at 1000 psi.
awwwwwww it all makes sence now! lol i knew it would be something like that but wanted to make sure!

so could you run a presure valve on your Nitrgoen bottle so you can set the feed into the N2O bottle to lets say 1000psi???then you could run them bothopen and have a bottle where you could use the FULL volume!

thanks Chris.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:38 PM
FormerVendor

Default Hello Guys

We received some calls today about this forum. We are in the process of signing up as a site sponsor, so I will have to postpone posting answers to your questions until later. Possibly tonight. NANO Nitrous will be open for business on Nov. 15th. We will also be attending the PRI show Dec. 16th.

I look forward to talking to all of you.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Banned

Old 11-09-2006, 06:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lssleven
They said that it used high pressure air around 4000 psi from paintball stores or scuba shops to compensate for the vapor pressure. I think that it keeps the nitrous all liquid then pushes it out. They said that the street racers in KC are all using it because it turns on instantly (no bottle warming) and it pulls the entire run.
I've got one of the kits I'm testing with right now. Great thing is instant pressure, no waiting on the bottle to heat up, which even with a good heater on a really cold day can take 30 minutes or more, which you have to watch you don't kill your battery heating your bottle. Also I now don't need my digital nitrous pressure guage since I know it'll have the correct pressure each time. Plus on back to back runs(highway runs usually) I still have full pressure each run where before I could drop from 1100 to 800 if I was making pulls over and over. For me this is a big thing, it's consistent now and always ready!

Yes the system isn't cheap, but either is the rest of my nitrous setup(two stage plate setup with a maximizer II progressive controller) and soon the nitrous will have it's own dedicated fuel system. Although, look at it this way....I used to always carry two 10lb bottles with me at all times, but don't have room to mount them both facing foward so I could only run one at a time and never ran them below 5lbs because after that my hit on the nitrous just went to crap. So I was ALWAYS swapping out bottles so I could stay consistent as I could. I was also using the maximizer II to keep the bottle heater pressure correct, so after already owning the maximizer II I had to buy the pressure sensor so I could keep my bottle pressure where I wanted it. Then I ran a dynotune square nitrous pressure guage, bottle heater, and had all the wiring ran for it, plus the two 10lb bottles and a bottle blanket. Now that I will be selling the two bottles, bottle blanket, digital guage, and bottle heater, pressure sensor, it really isn't that much more money and it will be much more consistent.

I'm not sure I'll get any solid #'s until the spring at the track, but I should have some comparision dyno runs hopefully soon.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skinnies
I've got one of the kits I'm testing with right now. Great thing is instant pressure, no waiting on the bottle to heat up, which even with a good heater on a really cold day can take 30 minutes or more, which you have to watch you don't kill your battery heating your bottle. Also I now don't need my digital nitrous pressure guage since I know it'll have the correct pressure each time. Plus on back to back runs(highway runs usually) I still have full pressure each run where before I could drop from 1100 to 800 if I was making pulls over and over. For me this is a big thing, it's consistent now and always ready!

Yes the system isn't cheap, but either is the rest of my nitrous setup(two stage plate setup with a maximizer II progressive controller) and soon the nitrous will have it's own dedicated fuel system. Although, look at it this way....I used to always carry two 10lb bottles with me at all times, but don't have room to mount them both facing foward so I could only run one at a time and never ran them below 5lbs because after that my hit on the nitrous just went to crap. So I was ALWAYS swapping out bottles so I could stay consistent as I could. I was also using the maximizer II to keep the bottle heater pressure correct, so after already owning the maximizer II I had to buy the pressure sensor so I could keep my bottle pressure where I wanted it. Then I ran a dynotune square nitrous pressure guage, bottle heater, and had all the wiring ran for it, plus the two 10lb bottles and a bottle blanket. Now that I will be selling the two bottles, bottle blanket, digital guage, and bottle heater, pressure sensor, it really isn't that much more money and it will be much more consistent.

I'm not sure I'll get any solid #'s until the spring at the track, but I should have some comparision dyno runs hopefully soon.
You didn't see that it'll not pass tech, if ya get caught the big boot?
Robert
Old 11-09-2006, 11:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Todd157k
Ok, so what's preventing me from taking my welding tank down and having it filled with nitrogen and then every few blasts of nos, hook up the nitrogen to my N2O bottle and pressure it up? All I'd need is a check valve. And it wouldn't cost me $600.

the problem with this is as you use nitrous (even worse when cold outside) the bottle pressure will drop very quickly, due to the fact the nitrous is not expanding, your just filling the the rest of the bottle with an inert gas.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:00 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bad Habit Bird
works good, i have to fill the smaller bottle 2-3 time for every 10 lbs depending on ambient temps, but i alos own a large nitrogen bottle and its only 17 dollars to refill it so it doesnt bother me.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Todd157k
Just thought of another question for those that are currently doing this...

What happens when your N2O is all gone and you start feeding Nitrogen into your motor?

same thing as if you run low on bottle pressure you run pig rich, and have no power.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chuntington101
awwwwwww it all makes sence now! lol i knew it would be something like that but wanted to make sure!

so could you run a presure valve on your Nitrgoen bottle so you can set the feed into the N2O bottle to lets say 1000psi???then you could run them bothopen and have a bottle where you could use the FULL volume!

thanks Chris.
HPA paint ball tanks have either a preset reg or adjustable, i use a preset and my bottle pressure is at 950, and i leave both bottles open for consistent pressure thru-out the run.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PICNIC_GEORGE
In case you didn't know I have just aquired a brand new HSW nitrous kit. Just need to get get my clutch and a few other goodies and you'll see what's up.
O 'RLY, let me know when you need help to install it.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:10 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by skinnies

You still need a guage and dont let this fool you your bottle pressure can still rise too high in the event the bottle becomes warm on a hot day.... 1500 psi and boom to the burst disk or boom to your motor cause you went lean
Old 11-10-2006, 02:06 AM
10 Second Club

You still need a guage and dont let this fool you your bottle pressure can still rise too high in the event the bottle becomes warm on a hot day.... 1500 psi and boom to the burst disk or boom to your motor cause you went lean
Their will be a guage on the bottle which I will check when I open it, but I don't see the need for the digital guage that I have now.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:30 AM
On The Tree

FIRST POST, HMM
Old 11-10-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Addict

HPA paint ball tanks have either a preset reg or adjustable, i use a preset and my bottle pressure is at 950, and i leave both bottles open for consistent pressure thru-out the run.
nice setup! so how much time do you get on the N2O now compeard to with just the bottle???

also is it $17 for the fill of the big bottle or the little one???

Chris.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

cyipher

- So you just have a regulator on the nitrogen tank and then it runs to the nitrous bottle?
- Would you mind posting up or PMing me the info on where I could find the parts needed to make a setup like this?
- Do you think this would work well with a 5lb nitrous bottle? it would be easier to hide two 5lb bottles that one 10lber

Quick Reply: Check this out! NEW Nitrous Product @ SEMA