Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do all you guy and gals keep filling your bottles?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WARNING: THIS WILL NOT TURN INTO A BASH-ATHON OF CFN, OR ANY OTHER PRODUCT. STICK TO FACTS, AND LEAVE THE GARBAGE "well a friend of my neighbors cousins sister-in-laws boss...." SOMEWHERE ELSE.

AND, IF WE DONT CONDONE SOMEONE SENDING BULSHIT PM's TO USERS BASHING PRODUCTS EITHER.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

i didn't mean it to bash CFN charlie.. like i said this was long ago.. i have no hard feelings.. i just won't do business again
Old 12-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by blacktransam
i didn't mean it to bash CFN charlie.. like i said this was long ago.. i have no hard feelings.. i just won't do business again
Mike, not meant towards you. I know you've been around and we've all had our experiences, good and bad with vendors. I just recall shortly after becoming a mod here, the pm's from some vendor('s) to members bashing other companies products and I even had contact concerning it. So, if thats where jester1 is coming from, it needs to stop. If its from a member, then they should either post up or STFU. All too often you get the keyboard jockie thats never even touched a product calling it ****, or worse, praising it like it were made by God.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

OOPPS, I think that was my fault, those were supposed to be question marks not exlamation mark. I can see how that could have been missunderstood. For that I will appologize. I shoud have reread what I had written.
On that note if it pissed off venders that was not the point. What I would have liked form venders is their point of view on the products i had mentioned. Im trying to decide on a couple of systems that I would have like to have been purchased already.
A few of these venders carry a few products of which was mentioned. One particular product was questioned but no clear answer given for vendors and manufactures. Instead of vendors and manufactors pointing fingers it would have been nice to be asked what the problems were. One system no brand mentioned partnumber (#$%500) is two hundred dollars cheaper that their competion I wanted to know why. Some people wont return a product if bad, and you are sent directly to a manufacture. So if i speed a grand on a product and it sucks not only am I out the money who the hell know what Im supposed to do if no one helps me out. Spend anther grand. I would have been delighted to spend money with some vendors this weekend but till now im dead in the water. If none want to chime in then screw them ill go to summit or jegs.
Robert@nitrous Direct. First off that was not a shot at you or anyone else here. You have to realize that I wanted to by a kit last night and even today. Ive gone to many website etc etc trying to research which one to buy. I gone to your website no less that 35 times in one day alone, At the bottom you state you do not carry nos product or zex because they dont meet the requirements. So one person tells me one thing someone else tells me something else 10 people tell the same of one product then I start phoning manufactures asking about their products questions that could have been answered by the vendors. Some of these manufactures start telling things about other kits etc etc. It becomes one visious circle to which I fully understand. Thats why I have be constantly posting here to see what everyone else is using and why. A little help from vendors would have been nice. Questions brought froward from vendors would have been nice too. Ive in other word have been baiting someone to have my buisness. **** no one is hungry. Im all about giving to the little guy rather than the giants. Lately the giants have been giving to me. Maybe all the little guys have lots of money and dont need anymore or maybe just maybe you guys think were all keyboard jokeys or joke. Well rest assured Im no jokey or joke, my credentials are quite asutounding, i stay small I keep quiet, i read manuals, I read instruction, not good with direction dont like being told what to do,I ask alot of questiong, some stupid some repetative there is a reason for it, experience. Its asumptions that are the biggest fuckups.
YA YA im venting

Last edited by jester1; 12-16-2006 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Restricted User

jester1, no issue from me, just want to make sure that none of the vendor bashing is being conducted, not here or in pm's (from other vendors). This issue should be dead. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jester1
OOPPS, I think that was my fault, those were supposed to be question marks not exlamation mark. I can see how that could have been missunderstood. For that I will appologize. I shoud have reread what I had written.
On that note if it pissed off venders that was not the point. What I would have liked form venders is their point of view on the products i had mentioned. Im trying to decide on a couple of systems that I would have like to have been purchased already.
A few of these venders carry a few products of which was mentioned. One particular product was questioned but no clear answer given for vendors and manufactures. Instead of vendors and manufactors pointing fingers it would have been nice to be asked what the problems were. One system no brand mentioned partnumber (#$%500) is two hundred dollars cheaper that their competion I wanted to know why. Some people wont return a product if bad, and you are sent directly to a manufacture. So if i speed a grand on a product and it sucks not only am I out the money who the hell know what Im supposed to do if no one helps me out. Spend anther grand. I would have been delighted to spend money with some vendors this weekend but till now im dead in the water. If none want to chime in then screw them ill go to summit or jegs.
Robert@nitrous Direct. First off that was not a shot at you or anyone else here. You have to realize that I wanted to by a kit last night and even today. Ive gone to many website etc etc trying to research which one to buy. I gone to your website no less that 35 times in one day alone, At the bottom you state you do not carry nos product or zex because they dont meet the requirements. So one person tells me one thing someone else tells me something else 10 people tell the same of one product then I start phoning manufactures asking about their products questions that could have been answered by the vendors. Some of these manufactures start telling things about other kits etc etc. It becomes one visious circle to which I fully understand. Thats why I have be constantly posting here to see what everyone else is using and why. A little help from vendors would have been nice. Questions brought froward from vendors would have been nice too. Ive in other word have been baiting someone to have my buisness. **** no one is hungry. Im all about giving to the little guy rather than the giants. Lately the giants have been giving to me. Maybe all the little guys have lots of money and dont need anymore or maybe just maybe you guys think were all keyboard jokeys or joke. Well rest assured Im no jokey or joke, my credentials are quite asutounding, i stay small I keep quiet, i read manuals, I read instruction, not good with direction dont like being told what to do,I ask alot of questiong, some stupid some repetative there is a reason for it, experience. Its asumptions that are the biggest fuckups.
YA YA im venting

Jester, I in know way took your post as a slam really. Just as Cat pointed out, in the past some were sending pms/e-mails blasting other products and trying to make a sale themselves. I have never been a part of that, and if I was, please someone post my e-mail or pm. I was worried that someone was getting your ear in a wrong manner, then when it's posted it spreads like wild fire whether true or not.
True, ND has passed on carring NOS and ZEX, not because they are crap, but rather politics (I have been a fan of NOS since they started in late 70's). We choose to carry NX as the ultimate premium brand, and CF as a close second. CF can be a great bargain and very good quality, there are some subtle differences between the two brands. I run on my personal car, NX, CF, NOS parts, so each has benifits in certain areas. I like the NX Lighting Stage 6 noids because of their carbon Fiber cover for looks and purge port, but the CF PRO noids are just as good quality wise with a lesser price because of no carbon fiber or purge port, but can be had as bottom discharge.
The post count on this thread is so high, I can't find the part numbers you posted, if you post them again I will give you a break down of what i think are the differences. I am usually real good about this, but it slipped past me this time, sorry. One thing to point out, I have opted out of the sales end of things, so you buying from ND has no bearing on my $$ income. I wanted it this way so people can see help/advice is free and my job is not dependent on whether you buy a kit from me or not.
Once again, sorry for missing a reply to your requests. Most will just pm when the thread is not getting the job done.
Robert
Old 12-16-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Regular

Robert, my appologies Im not trying to blast anyone or anything. You know the game better than I do. I want a kit, that I know which one thats the problem.
From NX plate wise it seems that the gemini twin or pro p# 60040/60540. For the DP i was thinking the phirana P#80000, but when I spoke to a rep there he told me that the phirana nozzle is really for a bike and not a car and that I should look @ the 90006 shark nozzle, with 4 noids. i dont know if it was a selling point or not but you can see the visious circle continues. If the 80000 is no good then why build it?? What impresses me about NX is the fact I was told i can use a progressive system without worries about destroying noids and no need for a safety noid. True or false I dont know. Then ther is the nos proshot fogger p# 02462. last but not least is your CFN 500. Now I really dont know if I would purchase a nos product because the need of a safety noid which tells me one of two things its just protection or the noids suck and can fail or fail often. BUT the company has been around...
You told me earlier if spraying more than 300 go for a DP which makes great sense and looks increadible and has no issue for distrubution.
What are the pros and cons? what should I know that have overlooked?
I just dont want to get ripped off thats all. Ive sacraficed for my money but dont want to sacrafice it.
thanks Robert no hard feelings
Old 12-16-2006, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Jester, I have to step out for a few, but I won't forget ya.
Robert
Old 12-16-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Regular

Im suprised your still up. thanks !!! Im not going anywhere besides im still surfing your site.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:09 AM
TECH Addict

Roberts on the Left Coast he usually gets the last round of post from the continential U.S. guys, that is unless him and Dave are at it, then Dave is up late too...

LOL entertainment on a drillship is hard to come by, but on occassion Dave and Robert keep me hitting refresh to see who gets the last word
Old 12-17-2006, 01:16 AM
TECH Regular

beer your on a drill ship?
where are you guys floating now
Old 12-17-2006, 01:31 AM
TECH Addict

beer your on a drill ship?
where are you guys floating now
OT bout since its your topic

Yep, we are 150 miles SSW of New Orleans in the GOM (Gulf of Mexico). I am the nite relief for the Capt. so I troll the nitrous boards and tuning boards to see what I can learn in between the mini crisis I may have to deal with.

We are working on Tahiti (google that and Chevron) which is one of the largest finds in the Gulf. In about three years what we are doing now will flow about a million gallons a day to the worlds largest SPAR platform as US oil. BP will soon have Thunderhorse going, which is another oil discovery in the Gulf of Mexico. Deep water drilling is a good thing to be into these days . We hold the record in drilling a well in water depth of 10,011' of water in the Gulf of Mexico. We can drill to 35,000' (inclusive of water depth)

Last edited by Beer99C5; 12-17-2006 at 01:56 AM.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
Roberts on the Left Coast he usually gets the last round of post from the continential U.S. guys, that is unless him and Dave are at it, then Dave is up late too...

LOL entertainment on a drillship is hard to come by, but on occassion Dave and Robert keep me hitting refresh to see who gets the last word

Robert
Old 12-17-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Really the only down fall for going DP is cost and intial set-up. Now on doing progressive, yes most manufactures will say their noids are fine. IMO, yes they have better seating materials than ever, but they do take a pounding. If your willing to stay on top of the noids by servicing them on a reg basis, then prog may be for you. Myself, I choose to stay multi stage for the less wear/tear on the noids.

Phirana #8000/Shark 9006: The referel to the Phirana kit (100hp to 600hp) as being a motorcycle nozzle is because they are a smaller design to fit in more restrictive areas, and not because they are less powerfull. This is not an issue when using 8 nozzles on a DP as this system can support 600hp. Running 4 noids in progressive has to be a consideration, more noids to stay on top of. You can upgrade to the shark nozzles if you like, they are slightly better, but unless your NHRA bound you'll never notice.
The Shark kits are rated from 200hp to 800hp, and offer 2 or 4 noid set-ups. They also use the upgraded IceMan noids which offer a bigger orifice n2o size, .120 compared to Phirana kit at .093, both use .187 orifice fuel noids.

CFN 500- A great kit with hp 200-600hp. It is also a 4 noid system, using the Supermax noids. The quality is great, and uses the CF standard nozzles which is in the top tier of nozzle performance. A high performance value packed kit.

Gemini Plate kits: They are the new perimeter style "spray bar less", which has many advantages, better distribution being #1. These ar top quality kits with mucho top items included. The 60040 uses the .093 and .187 noids, then the Pro Gemini goes with the Pro Power noids, .125 n20 and .310 fuel. The standard Gemini is rated at 50 to 300hp, wheras the gemini Pro is rated at 100 to 500 hp.

NOS kit: NOS has been doing progressive longer than anyone, they have had issues with noid seats being beat to hell, and thus the back-up safety noid. So, they are on top of this issue.

Hope this helps some in your nitrous journey, we do carry all the kits except the NOS.

Robert

Last edited by Robert56@NitrousDirect; 12-17-2006 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

Thank you very much Robert much appriciated.
It will be a DP system just coning to decide which one is better for me and let you know.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:42 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ssvert99
where are you getting N2O for 3.00/#? got a hookup at a dealer or medical supply? it's 4.75/# here at the local speed shops!
it's $3 a pound by me. $4.75 is track prices
Old 12-20-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Regular

Well went to the performance shop yesturaday and guess what they dropped their price its only 6.99 vs the privioius 7.00 thats only 7.97 per pound after tax.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I ask this because I was just about to do the N20 thing but realized that after I fill 7 bottles thats $800. that only 4-5 outings not including steet fun.
A 38.1 lb bottle? Damn and I thought a 20 lb'er was big.
That would also assume completely emptying a bottle before each fill, which isn't so common a practice, but if you're not a nitrous user then you wouldn't know that.

Why? because nitrous is the god of all power adders without question.
There's no other way to instantly add 300+ lb-ft of torque for $300.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Everyone using 250 400 shot how many pounds per run including the purge do u consume, ok ok even the 200 guys could chime in.
Ok some of you make good points, but what about streetability. 4500+ stalls, deep gears, dosent seem very streetable.
How about you guys posting some of your 9sec combos ( stall, cam, gear, cid, MPG)
Hmmm, Full weight, Stock motor, stock tranny, stock TC, stock fuel system, stock gears, pump gas, run flats, $400 dry nitrous setup, 11.0 @ 127mph.... with plenty more to go

What is unstreetable about that? Sounds like somebody is justifying spending all that money... Sorry, continue giving us the forced induction pep talk now.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Regular

Homestead, heres the update you probably missed im convereted and part soon on their way yeha!!!

Quick Reply: Why do all you guy and gals keep filling your bottles?