Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where to spray dry shot with fipk?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 01:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to spray dry shot with fipk?

where should i put the nozzle for my dryshot since there is no airbox anymore?
Old 02-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Banned

spray from the center front, just make sure its far in front of the maf
Old 02-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Launching!

like drill a hole in the front of the filter?
Old 02-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Banned

I ran the lines in through the back and put a o-ring to close it up. Then put a U shaped bracket and mounted the nozzles inside pointed directly at the MAF. I also tried the side mount in the filter element, but that didn't work so well.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Launching!

thats nice. but i dont have my nozzle T'd off like that. i have only one. but i think i might be able to work it out. should i spray across the filter or right up into the MAF?
Old 02-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Function>Form
thats nice. but i dont have my nozzle T'd off like that. i have only one. but i think i might be able to work it out. should i spray across the filter or right up into the MAF?
Right at the MAF. Take the screen out of the MAF... CAREFULLY. It pulls right out the back.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:05 PM
12 Second Club

i personally would not descreen the maf. that little bit of mess is all thats inbetween your motor and crap coming at it. any time i change a filter i find crap covering the screen. its your call, but i vote no.

a somewhat stealthy idea for the fipk is to drill a hole in the bottom of the filter and heat shield and point the nozzle toward the maf, like this...

Old 02-06-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hennytime
i personally would not descreen the maf. that little bit of mess is all thats inbetween your motor and crap coming at it. any time i change a filter i find crap covering the screen. its your call, but i vote no.

a somewhat stealthy idea for the fipk is to drill a hole in the bottom of the filter and heat shield and point the nozzle toward the maf, like this...

The MAF is there for straighting the air, mostly for trucks that use the 90* elbows (turbulence), so we don't need it on a straight air path. On a dry what happens, the nitrous being so cold causes condensation to build up on the screen and you get flow restriction and poor readings. Standard to de screen with a dry shot.

Putting the nozzle in the bottom normally results in a lean a/f ratio; because by time the n2o reaches the MAF wires it has been diluted by the incoming air and a warmer temp will be had; then the injector pulse width isn't increased enough. However, you can work around it if you want to mess around a little more with your comp tune.
Robert
Old 02-06-2007, 06:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56@NitrousDirect
The MAF is there for straighting the air, mostly for trucks that use the 90* elbows (turbulence), so we don't need it on a straight air path. On a dry what happens, the nitrous being so cold causes condensation to build up on the screen and you get flow restriction and poor readings. Standard to de screen with a dry shot.

Putting the nozzle in the bottom normally results in a lean a/f ratio; because by time the n2o reaches the MAF wires it has been diluted by the incoming air and a warmer temp will be had; then the injector pulse width isn't increased enough. However, you can work around it if you want to mess around a little more with your comp tune.
Robert
how did you set up your dry shot? Obviously you have more experience, and i will be getting a dry shot with this setup for xmas or late summer
Old 02-06-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

how did you set up your dry shot? Obviously you have more experience, and i will be getting a dry shot with this setup for xmas or late summer
Check out the wet vs dry thread, more dry info than ya prob want.

Oh yea, for the second poster, far away from MAF equals leaner, closer to MAF equals richer.
Robert
Old 02-06-2007, 08:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it will fit I bet one of our small nitrous discharge rings would work awesome with the airfilter.
Here is a post by a guy stating the differences he seen just by swaping out the nozzle to our discharge ring.
http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...d.php?t=383506
Old 02-06-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

What's nice about Todds set-up is the fact that you can tune a/f with out altering your PE multiplier which effects n/a a/f ratio. Just rotate one nozzle a bit and dial in your prefered a/f. That's what is nice about nozzle tuning, each time you up your shot re doing a/f is a breeze. That is the whole premis of doing the dry correctly and getting the right inj pulse width, then your not playing with the n/a tune, just injector duty cycle which only comes into play while spraying.
Robert
Old 02-06-2007, 10:53 PM
12 Second Club

What's nice about Todds set-up is the fact that you can tune a/f with out altering your PE multiplier which effects n/a a/f ratio. Just rotate one nozzle a bit and dial in your prefered a/f. That's what is nice about nozzle tuning, each time you up your shot re doing a/f is a breeze. That is the whole premis of doing the dry correctly and getting the right inj pulse width, then your not playing with the n/a tune, just injector duty cycle which only comes into play while spraying.
Robert
can you do that with a single nozzle? like instead of spraying it straight at the maf maybe 30* to the left or right
Old 02-07-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

can you do that with a single nozzle? like instead of spraying it straight at the maf maybe 30* to the left or right
You can do a single like todds, start with aiming directly at MAF, if a/f is to rich then just rotate slightly and some of the spray will by pass wire and not be read, and thus a leaner a/f. that's why it's bets to start closer, then you can nozzle tune, but far away, then computer is the only answer if running to lean.
Robert
Old 02-07-2007, 09:14 AM
12 Second Club

You can do a single like todds, start with aiming directly at MAF, if a/f is to rich then just rotate slightly and some of the spray will by pass wire and not be read, and thus a leaner a/f. that's why it's bets to start closer, then you can nozzle tune, but far away, then computer is the only answer if running to lean.
Robert
good to know, trying to sift through a 10 page long thread for one key point is a pain...thanks for the info
Old 02-07-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

good to know, trying to sift through a 10 page long thread for one key point is a pain...thanks for the info
However, the knowledge to run a proper dry is all there.
Ok, again here is mt set-up. My nozzles are about 3 inches from the MAF. One is a straight shooter and one is a 90* aimed at the maf wire. This allows a 11.5 avaerage a/f on 1st stage. The other two nozzles are straight shooters for 2nd stage. All straight shooters go to center of box. This is the benifit of using dual 90* nozzles, you can aim one away if your to rich.
Also, in that thread is a dyno comparison of straight shooters vs 1 straight and 1 *90 nozzle, it shows how the difference in how the torque comes on, one is slow and smooth, and one is fast and hard.

Robert

Last edited by Robert56@NitrousDirect; 02-07-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Launching!

thanks...i will probably put it in the !AIR opening and spray into the middle of the air filter. how does that sound?