Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous problem, need some help!!!!!(nitrous experts)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous problem, need some help!!!!!(nitrous experts)

Im running a NOS plate kit on my 2000 ss, and its wired through a NOS mini progressive controller and a timing tunner(-3 deg. on juice). with the 150 jets in, when i set my start % at 50 and ramp up to 100% i get a sputtering and hesitation for sec. when i first go WOT, after that it pulls smooth and hard then someone told me it might be the pulsing of the noids thats giving me that sputtering and hesitation at first, so i set the controller to start at 100% for all the juice at once, and now when i mash the pedal down and hit WOT there is just one big hesitation or pause when it seems like the engine almost stalls then bam it takes off. what can be causing these problems? thanks in advance for any advice and help.

oh, and after i spray and let off the gas the rpm's drop real low and the car seems to want to die unless you blip the throttle a few times, can this be related to my other probs.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Almost sounds like the fuel noid is opening before the n20 solonoid....just my $.02...
Old 03-05-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

ttt for the night, i hope there's some more feedback on here tom. morning
Old 03-06-2007, 07:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Try motor purging a couple times before ur run and see if it fixes the sputtering, I know if I just purge mine and don't motor purge it falls on it's face at first and then takes off, if I motor purge she hits instant!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:46 AM
10 Second Club

are you still in the stock fuel pump? it sounds like its not getting fuel for a second. sounds like mine when i had the DP kit fed from the fuel rail it was draining the rails, just on a larger scale then yours.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Try motor purging a couple times before ur run and see if it fixes the sputtering, I know if I just purge mine and don't motor purge it falls on it's face at first and then takes off, if I motor purge she hits instant!
what do you mean by motor purge? i always purge and make sure there is juice at the noid.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SSwanner
are you still in the stock fuel pump? it sounds like its not getting fuel for a second. sounds like mine when i had the DP kit fed from the fuel rail it was draining the rails, just on a larger scale then yours.
i have a mechanical fuel pressure guage hooked up and it never reads under 55 psi even during the hesitation and sputtering.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bowtierodder
what do you mean by motor purge? i always purge and make sure there is juice at the noid.
Yeah, that don't matter, for some reason i've never had much luck with a purge, I have one on there, and if I don't motor purge the car has a hesitation before it takes off, I really don't know why, but I don't even use the regular purge anymore. When I say motor purge I mean to purge it through the motor, exactly how it sounds, after the burnout before I pull up to the line, I put the car in neutral, bring the revs up to 3000 and give a quick blip to full throttle to trip the wot switch, I do that twice, first time there will be a little hickup cuz it's not purged fully, and second time it will rev up smooth and I know it's good to go, pull to the line and the hit is instant. Don't know why the regular purge doesn't get all the air out, but it just doesn't for me (although it may not even be a matter of air, I really don't know, I just do what works for me), so I motor purge.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Yeah, that don't matter, for some reason i've never had much luck with a purge, I have one on there, and if I don't motor purge the car has a hesitation before it takes off, I really don't know why, but I don't even use the regular purge anymore. When I say motor purge I mean to purge it through the motor, exactly how it sounds, after the burnout before I pull up to the line, I put the car in neutral, bring the revs up to 3000 and give a quick blip to full throttle to trip the wot switch, I do that twice, first time there will be a little hickup cuz it's not purged fully, and second time it will rev up smooth and I know it's good to go, pull to the line and the hit is instant. Don't know why the regular purge doesn't get all the air out, but it just doesn't for me (although it may not even be a matter of air, I really don't know, I just do what works for me), so I motor purge.
i know what ur sayin but just messin around with it on the street i'll spray it 3 or 4 times and i always get the hesitation, not just the first time i hit it. so thats like multiple motor purges and still doesnt come on smooth

.......................nice track times with you car btw
Old 03-06-2007, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

bump for more help
Old 03-06-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Junkie

i know what ur sayin but just messin around with it on the street i'll spray it 3 or 4 times and i always get the hesitation, not just the first time i hit it. so thats like multiple motor purges and still doesnt come on smooth

.......................nice track times with you car btw
Hmmm, that's weird, are you running a FPSS? If you are, get rid of it, it's probably the problem.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

nope, no fpss, i didnt want to have annoying problems like this
Old 03-06-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Junkie

nope, no fpss, i didnt want to have annoying problems like this
Hmm, this is weird, it would be hard for me to diagnose it w/o bein in the car and bein able to log and test diff things, sorry I can't help ya dude!
Old 03-06-2007, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

i just got a brain fart check your grounds to make sure they are solid & check ALL of your electrical connections, you may have a loose/bad connection somewhere.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Do you have a wideband? I kinda think it may be the fuel solenoid is opening before the nitrous noid like the other guy said. If all else fails pull the plate out and take a look and see how well the system is activating away from fire and the car. I would also look closely at the timing tuner due to after the run it doesn't want to run either.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:52 PM
10 Second Club

if nothing else works i would bypass the controller & timing tuner and just run it on a WOT switch of some sort. if the spuddering goes away you know your problem is in the controller/Ttuner.

i'm almost positive this has got to be electrical related.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sprayin'99ss
Do you have a wideband? I kinda think it may be the fuel solenoid is opening before the nitrous noid like the other guy said. If all else fails pull the plate out and take a look and see how well the system is activating away from fire and the car. I would also look closely at the timing tuner due to after the run it doesn't want to run either.
i'm thinking it may be delaying the fuel noid. causing it to lean out and do the spuddering.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

I don't really know LS1's all that well yet as I have only had mine for about 2 months, so I am not really sure how they react lean, but my stang that I ran for years and had a 250 shot used to pop and jerk real hard when lean...sputter and die when rich. Of course we are going off just the descriptive words he used and they obviously can be interpreted different!!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:07 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Sounds like the noids are not getting enough power and they are pulsation.As said above disconnect your controller and hook up a relay for full power to the noid and try that.Also make sure you have a good ground
Old 03-06-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for all the help guys, im going go thru and give all of your guys' suggestions a try tomorrow morning. i'll keep u guys updated