Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FJO PNMC wont connect......

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FJO PNMC wont connect......

Installed the software before connecting it to my laptop like it said in the instructions, says it was installed fine, but still wont connect, just says disconnected at the top.

everything is wired right, and the computer even makes the "ding" when you plug and unplug the cord from the controller to the laptop.... so i know something is happening.

for some reason the "connected" icon will never appear at the top of the controller program (says "disconnected" all the time), and i cant upload my settings.

Ive installed everything per the specifications, but for some reason i cant connect to the controller itself. any issue like this? suggestions?
Old 03-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Teching In

You need to contact FJO tech support at techsupport@fjoracing.com or 204-254-5623 ext 3 . This sounds like a problem we have seen recently on some systems (XP), where the drivers do not get installed correctly. Please tell us what OS you have XP home, XP professional, XP multi-media or VISTA. We will contact you once we have your info. If you call in for this problem - ask for Gerald.

FJO Tech.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:53 AM
On The Tree

I'm having install issues on this also. install says there is a problem copying files to my computer. tried 4 computers (2 xp and 2 xp professional) and none will work. i've tried the cd and downloading the new supposedly fixed version on the fjo site and no dice.

so i can't connect to the controller at all. I just bought it a week ago from nitro dave. its going to ruin my dyno weekend. i'll try your tech on saturday if your open. this needs to be fixed asap or you should pull the product off the shelves as your going to **** a lot of people off.

Ryan
Old 06-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

the drivers did not install properly. XP is locking the driver out, you will have to force it. Fjo had to talk me through it. Get ahold of FJO andthey can talk you through it step by step.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

ME TOO Same bs, MAJOR LETDOWN. Here's the part where they get a fighting chance to fix it.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by unclebens
I'm having install issues on this also. install says there is a problem copying files to my computer. tried 4 computers (2 xp and 2 xp professional) and none will work. i've tried the cd and downloading the new supposedly fixed version on the fjo site and no dice.

so i can't connect to the controller at all. I just bought it a week ago from nitro dave. its going to ruin my dyno weekend. i'll try your tech on saturday if your open. this needs to be fixed asap or you should pull the product off the shelves as your going to **** a lot of people off.

Ryan
it not fjo it's windows xp, fjo is not open on the weekends but try this I had the same problem

download the program or drivers from the fjo site and save it to you c: drive
go to your device manager delete the driver in the fjo/pmnc(something lke that file)
reinstall the program and when it ask you to either let window locate a driver or for you to select the location you pick it and direct it to the drivers you downloaded into your c: drive

you may have to do this twice, close the fjo program connect the controller and open the program everything should work

maybe somebody and contact fjo and have them email the directions to fix this problem and make it a sticky
Old 06-11-2007, 10:21 PM
8 Second Club

Just a thought, try closing the program and re-opening it again. When my fjo doesn't connect up to my computer that usually fixes it. Even though my laptop reads the USB it usually doesn't make the connection. Kinda sounds like what its doing to you.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by t6378tp
it not fjo it's windows xp, fjo is not open on the weekends but try this I had the same problem

download the program or drivers from the fjo site and save it to you c: drive
go to your device manager delete the driver in the fjo/pmnc(something lke that file)
reinstall the program and when it ask you to either let window locate a driver or for you to select the location you pick it and direct it to the drivers you downloaded into your c: drive

you may have to do this twice, close the fjo program connect the controller and open the program everything should work

maybe somebody and contact fjo and have them email the directions to fix this problem and make it a sticky
FJO is working on a step by step process to be posted and will be added to all furture controllers.
Ricky
Old 06-12-2007, 06:57 PM

http://www.trickperformanceproducts....tion_error.pdf
Old 06-13-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to pick the i have a disk and install one of the others drivers options. it will give you this drivers not signed just tell it to do it anyway. had to do the same thing. seems if your XP has the latest SP's than it doesn't like FJO
Old 06-13-2007, 06:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FJOtech
You need to contact FJO tech support at techsupport@fjoracing.com or 204-254-5623 ext 3 . This sounds like a problem we have seen recently on some systems (XP), where the drivers do not get installed correctly. Please tell us what OS you have XP home, XP professional, XP multi-media or VISTA. We will contact you once we have your info. If you call in for this problem - ask for Gerald.

FJO Tech.
Indeed - ask for Gerald!! I use Vista and works.

Last edited by BadAssFast; 06-13-2007 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

problem was fixe awhile ago, sorry for not responding haha
Old 06-13-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by VENGEANCE
problem was fixe awhile ago, sorry for not responding haha
You going to Pinks/Bristol? BTW - you guys really got my attention in a good way @ Pinks/Rockingham...things are changing very fast. (play on words).
Old 06-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Problem is sorted and they did a great job, especially with a caveman like myself operating the computer.

Technical Support
http://www.fjoracing.com
ph: 204-254-5623 ext 3
fax:204-257-3190

Quick Reply: FJO PNMC wont connect......