Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Nitrous Solenoid?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Nitrous Solenoid?

As the title says, who makes the most reliable and dependable nitrous solenoid. I have basically a brand new Cold fusion setup and the solenoid failed already after about 3 months of it being on the car and only 4 bottles.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We offer many different brands of solenoids. I prefer two over the others. Nitrous Outlets and Nitrous Express...

However no mater how good the solenoid is if you get trash in it from not running a nitrous filter or have a bad ground they will all have problems.
What happen to the solenoid you have now?
Is it one of the cute little solenoids?
Dave
Old 04-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

Not sure if there is a filter, cold fusion did the install. I dont know what happend to teh solenoid. It was spraying on and off and then stopped all together.

i purchased the pro dry kit so whatever solenoid is included in that kit is the one i have.

I need a reinstall and tune on my whole setup. I am willing drive just about anywhere to get it done right.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:31 PM
FormerVendor

Ponch. Im guessing you are in Houston. There are some good shops there in your town that will do a good job for you. If you are willing to take a drive to Waco we can do it.
Dave
Old 05-01-2007, 07:20 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

As Dave mentioned if you got something in the solenoid they will fail. We use a high quality solenoid so we do not see the problems that Dave and others have been seeing, especially with their smaller solenoids. Our fuel solonoid uses an industry leading material on the plunger that works will all brands of gasoline and gasoline additives that we have seen to date. Does not matter if you use our large or small solonoid they both perform extremely well.
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=25
or
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=39

Have you taken the solonoid apart to see if there is any debris on the plunger?

Dean

Last edited by DynotuneN2O; 05-01-2007 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:46 AM
FormerVendor

Dean,
For the record. We have not had one returned solenoid in our brand.. So im not sure where you come to the speculation that we are seeing problems... We do not use any small solenoids in our systems do to the fact that you can not get enough flow out of the smaller ones with out running a larger orifice that over powers the coil.. making the solenoid unreliable at average bottle pressures.

So all of our solenoids are carefully designed for max power, flow and dependability.

No swollen fuel pistons as well........

Thanks
Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 05-01-2007 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:04 AM
11 Second Club

did it get hot in here or am i crazy?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 453 Likes on 343 Posts

Old 05-01-2007, 10:35 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by I_Need_Land
did it get hot in here or am i crazy?
No heat hear! Wish all the competiton was like Dave.

Dave,
Please do not take it personal. I have seen many posts where you say not to use the little solenoids. We do not have coil problems as you mentioned in your post with our 175HP solonoids or pressure issues. In your post it just seems like you had issues with the manufacturer you were using and switched to a larger solenoid to elimnate issues you were having.

Dave, I will give you a ring when I can!

Dean

Last edited by DynotuneN2O; 05-01-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:53 AM
FormerVendor

I_Need_Land
Naaa, Dean, Dan and all of us here at Nitrous Outlet all have a professional maner towards each other. We make sure to say hi to each other from time to time and ask how each other are doing. We also try to not step on each others toes and compliment each other where we can. So no ill feeling that I am aware off.

Dean,
I did not take your post personal. I hope you are not taking my technical post about solenoid orfice/coil combos like they are directed towards anyone in particular. My post are based towards technical facts to help others. Not pick on anyones products.

For the record the most common unreliable solenoid combination that I have seen is a 078 orfice small body solenoid rated to flow 200hp. Does not matter what brand or who offers it..

You are correct I have made many post sharing my views on using a small body solenoid with large flowing orfice size. We have Never used a small body solenoid in any of our systems. We do use a small body solenoid with a 063 orfice for our purge. This solenoid can MAX flow 150hp and is very dependable since the orfice size of the solenoid does not over flow the strenth of the coil. It also will open under high bottle pressures so you can purge down the bottle pressure like a purge should be able to do.

Thanks
Dave
Old 05-01-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Can ya feel the love? I can!

Old 05-01-2007, 12:53 PM
8 second mod

i run a cf pro dry in my vett, the opener went bad already, and one of the noids. i had a spare and its in the car now, probably only a matter of time befor its bad as well.

my heater also **** out on me, only the middle heats up, and it doesnt shut off. ask me how i know. oh yhea it was while cruzin and the friggin bottle blew!! that was about as fun as having the ***** after eating baffalo wings
Old 05-01-2007, 12:55 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Noyzee
i run a cf pro dry in my vett, the opener went bad already, and one of the noids. i had a spare and its in the car now, probably only a matter of time befor its bad as well.

my heater also **** out on me, only the middle heats up, and it doesnt shut off. ask me how i know. oh yhea it was while cruzin and the friggin bottle blew!! that was about as fun as having the ***** after eating baffalo wings
lol,
That will wake you up..
Dave
Old 05-01-2007, 01:06 PM
8 second mod

yes sir it did. lol i thought everything was funny after tho hehe, maybe thats why im wacked lol
Old 05-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TrendSetter
This looks good. I also like Beer's carbon fiber covers.
My CF's worked flawlessly... until the bottle opener noid got some debris in it.. but I guess Noyzee has figured out a good way of cleaning out the system.. "that was about as fun as having the ***** after eating buffalo wings"
Old 05-01-2007, 01:15 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Todd157k
This looks good. I also like Beer's carbon fiber covers.
My CF's worked flawlessly... until the bottle opener noid got some debris in it.. but I guess Noyzee has figured out a good way of cleaning out the system.. "that was about as fun as having the ***** after eating buffalo wings"
its flushed dude. lol
Old 05-01-2007, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

Still on the stock dynotune solenoids here, a time may come when I want to spray more than 175, so I'll be looking for larger solenoids with a lifetime warranty
Old 05-01-2007, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

I've since upgraded to larger solenoids since the cold fusions, but they worked for a couple of years for me w/out problem. I think CF is based in Houston, I'm sure they would try to help you out w/ the problem.

I've had really good luck with Wislon Pro-Flow solenoids, btw.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just wanted to jump in here. Does anyone know what noids the HSW kits use? Can anyone chime in here with technical expertise?

In particular, i amm speaking to their HSW suddient impact wet kit solenoids.

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

id lik to know the same since i just bought the hsw dual nozzle kit.

Quick Reply: Best Nitrous Solenoid?