Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wierd startups after spraying

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wierd startups after spraying

Here is the basics of my kit and my problem.

I have a dual nossle NX wet kit (pics in my fquick) and I spray a moderate 50 rwhp shot

anyways here is what happens...... I spray it (runs great) drive a little. park it.
Then when I go to restart it It will crank but not fire the first time or start funny Then it will always start the second and then run fine

what could cause this I have some ideas but i thought I would ask you guys first

I havent checked my plugs in a while but the car runs and idle's fine other than when this happens

Oh yeah and it only happens when I spray it
Old 08-13-2007, 01:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, if it only happens when you spray it, how do you fix the problem each time?
Old 08-13-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Brian2006
No need to fix it each time
It always starts up on the second try....just not the first.....But this only happens when it just got sprayed
Old 08-13-2007, 06:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian2006

The same thing happens to mine occasionally after I spray, if it dosent start up on the first try I crack the throttle all the way open and it always starts then.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddies done same thing like it was flooded,well it was fuel noid would have some leak by after the spray so he sent it back got a new one,problem solved.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:16 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

its fuel left in the intake manifold from the wet shot, its normal, mine did the same thing, because when i sprayed a pass, and just drove down the return road and parked it, it would start real slugish the next time then be ok, and it only did that on a spray pass, i hear its a very common and normal thing

since the fuel has to pass through the intake some if it is left in it and next startup it will be really rich.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JDP
its fuel left in the intake manifold from the wet shot, its normal, mine did the same thing, because when i sprayed a pass, and just drove down the return road and parked it, it would start real slugish the next time then be ok, and it only did that on a spray pass, i hear its a very common and normal thing

since the fuel has to pass through the intake some if it is left in it and next startup it will be really rich.

Thanks for the input, makes me feel better.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks alot guys!!! Yeah that is what i figured was the problem and im glad to hear Im not the only one that has experienced this

I will just make sure to leave it running longer next time before I park it or just not spray it if i plan in parking it shortly after......

Now that I think about it I bet it is just fuel that has not been vaccumed out of the line..... I mean there has to be a little fuel left between the noid and the nozzel after is has been sprayed because it is not flushed with oxygen after it opens...... If anyone follows what I am saying........Im guessing it doesnt help that my nozzels come from the bottem of the intake and that might be why extra fuel is hanging around.

You can see what i mean