Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuner and Nitrous Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 05:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HP Tuner and Nitrous Questions!

does anybody have any screen shots of wideband AFR error in histogram tables on WOT runs.
what error do u guys shoot for? I shoot for -9% with AFR set @11.92. any ideas? I shoot for 0% in N/A mode.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dragman
does anybody have any screen shots of wideband AFR error in histogram tables on WOT runs.
what error do u guys shoot for? I shoot for -9% with AFR set @11.92. any ideas? I shoot for 0% in N/A mode.
I was just trying this last weekend to get my HPT to log the WB AFR error, but to no avail?
Robert
Old 08-27-2007, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Is the difference between Commanded AFR and WB indicated AFR?

Or is it actual WB error? If WB error, how to you determine the error other than say comparing to say a Dyno WB at the same time?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Beer99C5

Or is it actual WB error? If WB error, how to you determine the error other than say comparing to say a Dyno WB at the same time?
That's just it, my WB is about a point richer compared to the dyno tail pipe sniffer.
Robert
Old 08-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Dynojet Fan

Id go by the wideband f the tail pipe sniffer
Old 08-28-2007, 10:47 AM
11 Second Club

Commanded is what the PE table is set at. AFR error is how far it is off of that figure in percent. To get that error u have to log it in the histogram but will have to be set up to log that error. Hope that make sense!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

Commanded is what the PE table is set at. AFR error is how far it is off of that figure in percent. To get that error u have to log it in the histogram but will have to be set up to log that error. Hope that make sense!
Yep, I plot Commanded AFR vs Actual WB AFR, I will make a calc PID and convert it to Error and see what I come up with. I have some dry and wet shot logs I can play with.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:14 PM
11 Second Club

Yep, I plot Commanded AFR vs Actual WB AFR, I will make a calc PID and convert it to Error and see what I come up with. I have some dry and wet shot logs I can play with.

just make sure scanner in HP Tuner matches Wideband or it will never be right.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

just make sure scanner in HP Tuner matches Wideband or it will never be right.
Beer has EFI Live, if that matters?
Robert
Old 08-28-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Now for those that are running Dry hits, this will be way off. As this is the premis of a dry hit, to increase DC over n/a, so your going to get a richer than commanded a/f, but we want that. i will have to think about how, or if we can get a formula that would take this into consideration and still give a error that makes sense. But would still be a benifit for our n/a concerns.
Robert
Old 08-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just load the afr pid in you histograms and you can see what afr your wideband is seeing on the shot. No need for error % if you are just interested in what it was during your run.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by greatwhitess
Just load the afr pid in you histograms and you can see what afr your wideband is seeing on the shot. No need for error % if you are just interested in what it was during your run.
Correct. I am just wondering if there is a mathmatical equation that could give us some additional insight into how a dry hit can or is performing. I am thinking there is a ratio of error compared to n/a error that may tell us something like the efficancy of a particular dry hit compared to another. don't have time to mess with it right now, but hope i remember to mess with it later as i love to do this type of challenge, and have actually come up with a few equations for this type of situation.
Robert